Vics vs Dream team - AFL BOMBS OUT YET AGAIN!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jill
Club Player

Vics vs Dream team - AFL BOMBS OUT YET AGAIN!

The AFL has stuffed up yet again!! For this so-called football celebration EVERY Club SHOULD have been represented - even bottom sides still have stars who have to batle on their own - yet alone a team who's in the 8 :wink: :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Vics vs Dream team - AFL BOMBS OUT YET AGAIN!

jill wrote:The AFL has stuffed up yet again!! For this so-called football celebration EVERY Club SHOULD have been represented - even bottom sides still have stars who have to batle on their own - yet alone a team who's in the 8 :wink: :roll:
Yes I agree. Lets give people a game even if they dont deserve it. Typicla of the AFL just want the best to play. How stupid is that. Jill you have it right again.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

You'ld think Jarryd Allen or Rob Eddy would have been a chance given their Casey form.

jill
Club Player

plugger66 no more stupid than the umpires who only give the 3 votes to a player from the wining team! When was the last time a player from a bottom 4 - no make that a bottom 6 won the Brownlow - AFL just reflects current society values - got to be a winner /rule -stuff the champions who toil in mediocre sides - Trevor Barker was a true Champion in Every sense of the word yet never received the accolades he deserved because he played his heart out for a mediocre team who couldn't/wouldn't rest him when injured - talent/courage wise deserved a Brownlow ahead of some of the so-called champions who won one ahead of him!!!!
There is NO WAY a Brian Gleason, Neal Roberts, Verdon Howell,Tony Lockett or even our revered and beloved Harve's would take home "Charlie" in this era of football!
Every team posseses 1 champion - every team has a player that others make a champion!

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

who wasn't represented?

and of those teams who weren't, which players should have been...?

seemed like they got it pretty right from here (except for Davis, who knows how he manged to get a gig)

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda, Essendon and Melbourne were the only teams without a player in the HoF match.

Lenny and Chips were both unlucky.

Roo and Dal would have played if fit, although Dal was picked on reputation, not form.

Lucas and Davey would have played if they were fit and Melbourne just suck.

Kelly, Selwood, Croad, Waite, Mooney, Pendlebury and C.Brown were all a level below the rest, but they could have done worse with the selections.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

exactly

without injuries, both St Kilda and Essendon would have been represented

most of our team is out of form, and prob don't deserve a call up

Lenny is the only one i would say was unlucky, i think he might be right up there in clearences and tackles for the AFL this season

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:exactly

without injuries, both St Kilda and Essendon would have been represented

most of our team is out of form, and prob don't deserve a call up

Lenny is the only one i would say was unlucky, i think he might be right up there in clearences and tackles for the AFL this season
except tackling obviously wasn't one of the skills the players were asked to employ untill the last quarter-

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jill wrote:plugger66 no more stupid than the umpires who only give the 3 votes to a player from the wining team! When was the last time a player from a bottom 4 - no make that a bottom 6 won the Brownlow - AFL just reflects current society values - got to be a winner /rule -stuff the champions who toil in mediocre sides - Trevor Barker was a true Champion in Every sense of the word yet never received the accolades he deserved because he played his heart out for a mediocre team who couldn't/wouldn't rest him when injured - talent/courage wise deserved a Brownlow ahead of some of the so-called champions who won one ahead of him!!!!
There is NO WAY a Brian Gleason, Neal Roberts, Verdon Howell,Tony Lockett or even our revered and beloved Harve's would take home "Charlie" in this era of football!
Every team posseses 1 champion - every team has a player that others make a champion!
Tell me Melbournes champion this year. Your logic on brownlow winners is illogical. Most sides in the bottom 6 lost so 9 times out of 10 the best players are in the winning side. But under your system we should look after players like TB because he was a champion in a bad side. If he was good enough to win a brownlow he would of. Tony Lockett won one in a bad side in that era. By the way the brownlow is voted on weekly not on who was consistantly best player for the year. You could be 4th best every week and not get a vote.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

I think it is pretty ordinary that Lenny did not get a game. Has had a good year.

Fisher is close to AA last two years and has had a good year. His season has been no worse than C. Bolton

ace
Saintsational Legend

It was refreshing to see players hitting their targets and placing the ball in front of a leading player, not on top his head to help his opponent spoil.
Maybe that is why their were no St Kilda players.
Other than Harvey who can do that regularly?
There may be more to football than being accountable.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: Vics vs Dream team - AFL BOMBS OUT YET AGAIN!

plugger66 wrote:
jill wrote:The AFL has stuffed up yet again!! For this so-called football celebration EVERY Club SHOULD have been represented - even bottom sides still have stars who have to batle on their own - yet alone a team who's in the 8 :wink: :roll:
Yes I agree. Lets give people a game even if they dont deserve it. Typicla of the AFL just want the best to play. How stupid is that. Jill you have it right again.
Agree.

Only the best players should be picked.

Ideally, you may not agree with who these players are or should be....But to have a concept that ensures certain players are selected because they 'have to' represent their club.....Well, that just ain't cricket.