We suck

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

saintsrokk wrote:CARN DA SAINTERZ!!!!

Is that Spanish?

nah, looks like it thought ey?
DA SAINTERZ - in capital letters, with exclamation marks following, it looks like it should be the name of a Venezuelan cafe.

It's interesting to note how young people have converted the letter 's' to 'z', but there doesn't seem to be any particular reason as to why.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

saintsrokk
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:
saintsrokk wrote:CARN DA SAINTERZ!!!!

Is that Spanish?

nah, looks like it thought ey?
DA SAINTERZ - in capital letters, with exclamation marks following, it looks like it should be the name of a Venezuelan cafe.

It's interesting to note how young people have converted the letter 's' to 'z', but there doesn't seem to be any particular reason as to why.
Hey how do you no i'm young, are you insulting me lol nah joking.
________
HEAD SHOP
Last edited by saintsrokk on Fri 18 Feb 2011 9:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:

Blake, R Clarke, Birss, L Fisher...just nothing players who don't contribute.
Clarke I agree with..

But Birrs?? He was on Shaw who had been burning in previous weeks. Birrs kept him quiet PLUS kicked 2 golas. What more do you want???

Blake was on T Cloke...... and kept hom quiet.

L Fisher was fair..

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:It's interesting to note how young people have converted the letter 's' to 'z', but there doesn't seem to be any particular reason as to why.
It's generation Z.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Yep Birss played that small forward role pushing up to the HFF quite well. Heath Shaw has been extremely damaging so far this season and Birssy kept him quiet and also exploited him to kick two goals of his own.

As SrR said, Blake kept Travis Cloke quiet, which is a big role to take.

Of the four you mentioned, Leigh Fisher id the one under the pump the most I would think. Raph has a role to play if given the right position, which I think is HFF.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:
evertonfc wrote:It's interesting to note how young people have converted the letter 's' to 'z', but there doesn't seem to be any particular reason as to why.
It's generation Z.
Phonetics.
'ers' sounds like 'erz'

Used to laugh at Abba songs on the radio when they couldn't pronounce words where the 's' sounded like 'z'.
eg 'wasn't' was pronounced 'wassn't'

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Who says Lyon isnt building to win a flag?

What did we turn over last year - 5 or 6 ? .....cant turn them all over but its a fair start.

Turn over the duds. Recruit players WHO CAN kick a football, hit a target and kick 50mtrs.
The thing is, he's turning over players for recycled hacks who CAN NOT kick a football or make good decisions.

Armitage is the only young player we're recruited who has been given any decent chance in the seniors. Geary, Allen, Steven and McEvoy have shown good signs, but guys like Dempster, Blake, Jones, Rix, Birss, Fiora, C.Gardiner, M.Clarke and Attard get preference over them.

Lyon has also shown that he will delist a player with plenty of talent without being given any opportunity in the seniors if he doesn't like their attitude.

Justin Sweeney played one senior game and did very well. His skills were excellent, took some strong contested marks and applied defensive pressure. He was Casey's leading goalkicker for two years and plays a position in which we are sorely lacking. Delisted as soon as his first contract expired.

Barry Brooks had a couple of terrible years in '04 and '05 but played one senior game in '06 and was superb. In Lyon's first year as coach Brooks dominates the VFL all year while M.Clarke, Rix and Blake struggle away in the ruck. Delisted.

Troy Schwarze was never a star player, but he had pace, strength, versatility and a booming kick. He was delisted by Lyon after a few days and now we've picked up a poor man's Schwarze in Dempster.

You don't play masses of unskilled taggers/negating flankers every week and recruit 6 unwanted opposition players per year to build a premiership team.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Can someone explain to me why we're loading our side with unskilled, defensive, mid-sized, negating-type players?

I've got a gut feeling Lyon can't get enough of the likes of Baker, Attard, C Jones, Blake, L Fisher, Birss and Dempster.

It's like we're purposely letting the opposition take the game to us; then we will try to negate them.

Can that theory really work now that attacking football with defensive accountability is showing the way forward?

Feels like our style of footy is already obsolete.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Can someone explain to me why we're loading our side with unskilled, defensive, mid-sized, negating-type players?

I've got a gut feeling Lyon can't get enough of the likes of Baker, Attard, C Jones, Blake, L Fisher, Birss and Dempster.

It's like we're purposely letting the opposition take the game to us; then we will try to negate them.

Can that theory really work now that attacking football with defensive accountability is showing the way forward?

Feels like our style of footy is already obsolete.
Related to his glory days in Sydney perhaps?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:

What did we turn over last year - 5 or 6 ? .....cant turn them all over but its a fair start.

Turn over the duds. Recruit players WHO CAN kick a football, hit a target and kick 50mtrs.
The thing is, he's turning over players for recycled hacks who CAN NOT kick a football or make good decisions.

Armitage is the only young player we're recruited who has been given any decent chance in the seniors. Geary, Allen, Steven and McEvoy have shown good signs, but guys like Dempster, Blake, Jones, Rix, Birss, Fiora, C.Gardiner, M.Clarke and Attard get preference over them.

Lyon has also shown that he will delist a player with plenty of talent without being given any opportunity in the seniors if he doesn't like their attitude.

Justin Sweeney played one senior game and did very well. His skills were excellent, took some strong contested marks and applied defensive pressure. He was Casey's leading goalkicker for two years and plays a position in which we are sorely lacking. Delisted as soon as his first contract expired.

Barry Brooks had a couple of terrible years in '04 and '05 but played one senior game in '06 and was superb. In Lyon's first year as coach Brooks dominates the VFL all year while M.Clarke, Rix and Blake struggle away in the ruck. Delisted.

Troy Schwarze was never a star player, but he had pace, strength, versatility and a booming kick. He was delisted by Lyon after a few days and now we've picked up a poor man's Schwarze in Dempster.

You don't play masses of unskilled taggers/negating flankers every week and recruit 6 unwanted opposition players per year to build a premiership team.
Interstingly not one of Schwarze, Sweeney or Brooks was picked up by any other Club.
Obviously the opinions of Lyon and his Football Department are similar to 15 other senior coaches/football departments.

They (coaches and football departments) obvioulsy see things differnetly to us fans in these matters.

SuperSaint
Club Player

mad saint guy wrote:

That's a fair call there mad saint guy. Lyon's list management & decision making in team structure might haunt us for years to come. His persona is a worry too. As my missus says, listening to him speak is as inspiring as watching paint dry. :)

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Interstingly not one of Schwarze, Sweeney or Brooks was picked up by any other Club.
Obviously the opinions of Lyon and his Football Department are similar to 15 other senior coaches/football departments.

They (coaches and football departments) obvioulsy see things differnetly to us fans in these matters.
lol - was thinking the exact same thing.

Lyon can be critisised but to use Schwarze, Sweeney, and Brooks as your argument is a bit rich.

Interesting how some people have different perspectives on players. Listening to Andy Thomson and Peter Donnegan on the VFl broadcast they were oing on about how good it was that King and Gardiner were in the seniors for the Saints and that McEvoy could get a whole year to develop and spend much of it in the ruck learning his trade.

McEvoy, and Steven, and Allen will be future senior regulars. Interesting to hear Hutchinson say that their development is coming on very well because they are in a winning team. Dont throw these players to the wolves in the seniors. Let them develop, just like Armo last year and watch them shine in the future.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

lol - was thinking the exact same thing.

Lyon can be critisised but to use Schwarze, Sweeney, and Brooks as your argument is a bit rich.

Interesting how some people have different perspectives on players. Listening to Andy Thomson and Peter Donnegan on the VFl broadcast they were oing on about how good it was that King and Gardiner were in the seniors for the Saints and that McEvoy could get a whole year to develop and spend much of it in the ruck learning his trade.

McEvoy, and Steven, and Allen will be future senior regulars. Interesting to hear Hutchinson say that their development is coming on very well because they are in a winning team. Dont throw these players to the wolves in the seniors. Let them develop, just like Armo last year and watch them shine in the future.
That's almost 'heresy' around here Joffaboy.
With so many armchair coaches calling for the immediate selection of 'the kids', how can you be so 'out of touch with reality'? :)

SuperSaint
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:

I think most clubs now adopt the policy of not considering unproven players that have been let go by other clubs. Brooks had plenty of time at the club and was unmotivated to say the least but Schwarze was a goer and a good clubman and from what I've seen of Dempster so far, a better option in my opinion also.
Sweeney had raw exciting talent but a bit erratic. Only those closely aligned to the club saw this and I couldn't imagine any other club would have tapped into this, to give him a second go. I also had a gut feeling that he should have been kept on the list for another year in preference to some others that at best are very average footballers skill-wise.

Gram Fan

[quote="Dal_Santos_Gal"]Aussie Bears, how many threads do you want to start with only a couple of words, saying pretty much the same thing every single time.

You have this thread, you have your rabble thread, you have your how the hell thread

We get the picture! you are a doom sayer and the world is coming to an end.
I promise you that the sun will raise in the morning and the saints will play another game next week.

Sheees it really is not that bad.[/quote]
Well said mate, i flew all the way from the goldy to watch the boys play... People need to stop bashing the boys week in week out. We were missing some valuable players but they still played alright. I was complaining about how cold it was, but you couldn't get the smile of my face! Go SAINTS!!