From Left Field

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

JeffDunne

St DAC wrote:Next year is next year. Ross was signed for 3 years, and should serve them unless he is deemed incompetent, and he's clearly not.

I agree the year should be reviewed at years end; as it should be each year. But calling for a change of coach 8 games into a season is lunacy, especially when you are 4/4, not 1/7 or 2/6.

Let's see where we end up after round 22 before tossing the baby out with the bathwater.
I agree,

Personally I think appointing Hamill would be greater lunacy than making a change now, but you limit your options if you change mid-season.

Saintschampions08
Club Player

Iceman234 wrote:
SaintDippa wrote:Regarding the RL game plan. When we attack we look good and get the scoreboard ticking over.

I'm just getting a little annoyed with what normally follows. That is 20 minutes of 18 men behind the centre of the gound. The secord quarter last night when I felt we were on top, 18 men were behind the ball and with our pressure any turnover was wasted with no one to kick to.

This negativity is RL sourced (has to be) and is piccing me off.
Apparently not SaintDippa - apparently the players aren't executing the game plan correctly... I can't put my finger on it but there must be a huge breakdown in communication somewhere because we seem to be the first quarter premiers.
Actually...we are!

Well, we're a clear 3rd. Behind Port and North. But excluding the North game (where we were outscored 2 - 20) we are 1st.

We average 93.1 points per game, and 27.8 points in the first quarter.

We've won 6/8 first quarters, and 2/8 2nd quarters.

Saints43
Club Player

Eastern wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
No more L-Plates.
What's WRONG with L-Plates ?

:evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :wink: !!
They hold up traffic on Lakeside Drive. Puttering along at 10 kmh with 'Eastern' written on te side of the car... Hang on!!! :lol:

twirlyhair
Club Player

Re: From Left Field

3rd generation saint wrote:I know a lot of people are getting frustrated with Ross Lyon and his game plan, I'm one of them.
But who would you replace him with? Any suggestions?
Here's one from left field who has been missing from our line up and forced to retire.
Know he would be a very raw rookie coach but if he could instill into the side to play with the same hardness and ferocity he played with then we might win a few more games.
I speak of Aaron Hamill.
You have got to be kidding! Have you forgotten the Tim Watson fiasco? Only a very ameteur club would go down that path again.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
Eastern wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
No more L-Plates.
What's WRONG with L-Plates ?

:evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :wink: !!
They hold up traffic on Lakeside Drive. Puttering along at 10 kmh with 'Eastern' written on te side of the car... Hang on!!! :lol:
Nearly Correct :roll: :wink: !!

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

I'd still call Aussie Jones out of left field if we went down that track.

But of course all will be forgiven when we flog the Dees by 17 points next week.

We'll be between 7th and 10th (5 and 5) with a percentage of about 92-4% and a lot of the usuals will be saying "see, RL is the man."

We will play the same old recycled players and the same game plan (?) yet manage to not lose rather than win.

RL will come out and mumble stuff that will resemble the dude that played him in the movie.

But if it all falls in a heap, I say call in the Auswald.

Dick Tracy could understand Mumbles, but I struggle, and I reckon I can name another 44 who do too...

congorozides
Club Player

Re: From Left Field

3rd generation saint wrote:I know a lot of people are getting frustrated with Ross Lyon and his game plan, I'm one of them.
But who would you replace him with? Any suggestions?
Here's one from left field who has been missing from our line up and forced to retire.
Know he would be a very raw rookie coach but if he could instill into the side to play with the same hardness and ferocity he played with then we might win a few more games.
I speak of Aaron Hamill.
chris bond
guy mckenna
d hardwick

to name a few

starsign
Club Player

SHEEDY! (ASAP)

hotdish
Club Player

Do you guys seriously want RL sacked?

NO WAY!

give the guy some time!

Aren't you guys sick of being a rabble sacking our coach every few years?