Fiora

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Fiora

Should we bring him back?

Do we have a spot for him?

Could he play Half forward flank?

Is he gawwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn?

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
danners
Club Player

i think we have to keep him.

maybe thats cuz i love him but i do think wen he plays well then he can turn a game

21 years old, proud member since 1998!
esaint66
SS Life Member

I say another game or 2 in the resrves, bit hard to judge off one game.

Love Fiona though :D

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

i like fiora

plus he is contracted till end of next year so i hope we dont get rid of him

SaintWal
Club Player

No!

He is a good player in a good team but, at the moment, we are not a good team, we need players willing to give up everything to win a game of footy. He is not that.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Fiora is a joke, and his contract should be torn up now... Or stamped 'never to play again'... his softness is contageous in the side, and that is the last thing we need right now..

He has been given opportunity after opportunity, why would we possibly flog a dead horse again.. He will never improve his massive weaknesses, and he knows it...

Geary, Steven, Mini, CJ, Eddie should all be way ahead of him.. Unless we get 12-15 inujures, we should never see him again..

so, No..

battye
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Fiora is a joke, and his contract should be torn up now... Or stamped 'never to play again'... his softness is contageous in the side, and that is the last thing we need right now..

He has been given opportunity after opportunity, why would we possibly flog a dead horse again.. He will never improve his massive weaknesses, and he knows it...

Geary, Steven, Mini, CJ, Eddie should all be way ahead of him.. Unless we get 12-15 inujures, we should never see him again..

so, No..
How quickly we forget... Fiora is not a soft player. You'd think that potentially neck-breaking mark would have been the end of this rubbish.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

He was worst of the AFL listed players at Casey last week.

Did a few good things, but dropped a sitter or two and missed goals.

Sound familiar?

jill
Club Player

HAD HIS 1 VG YEAR - NOT UP TO IT!

killa_gram
Club Player

I won't say "told you so" just yet, but let's just say the fat lady is warming up.

On ABC coverage of the Scorps game last week, Thommo was asked "what does Fiora have to do to get back in the seniors?"

His response was "go and get the hard ball and actually put his body on the line," that from one of the most courageous players we have had play in recent years and one of our directors. Not good when a player you played with and now a club director is less than impressed with your performance and pea sized heart.

Fiora has been hopeless for the Scorps.
Last edited by killa_gram on Wed 21 May 2008 10:37am, edited 1 time in total.

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
spert
Saintsational Legend

RL is saving him for the finals.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Thats not what Thompson said at all.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Halo Halo
Club Player

Sobraz wrote:Fiora is a joke, and his contract should be torn up now... Or stamped 'never to play again'... his softness is contageous in the side, and that is the last thing we need right now..

Are you for real?? Fiora is not a soft player.. I like the guy & the way he plays.. He is a battler but I reckon he gives his all.. He cops so much more criticism than he derserves..

It is a stupid & foolish comment to say his softness is contageous.. infact its a total w@ank..

killa_gram
Club Player

Halo Halo wrote:

Are you for real?? Fiora is not a soft player.. I like the guy & the way he plays.. He is a battler but I reckon he gives his all.. He cops so much more criticism than he derserves..

It is a stupid & foolish comment to say his softness is contageous.. infact its a total w@ank..
Disagree.

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
Halo Halo
Club Player

Doesnt matter if you disagree or not. In my mind Aaron is certainly not the worst player on our list.. I dont see him as a soft player I see him as somebody who may not be as talented the elite players but I see him as somebody who works hard for his possessions..

I reckon Geary should be the first player bought back in & then followed by Fiora.. (ahead of McQualter, Eddy etc)

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Halo Halo wrote:Doesnt matter if you disagree or not. In my mind Aaron is certainly not the worst player on our list.. I dont see him as a soft player I see him as somebody who may not be as talented the elite players but I see him as somebody who works hard for his possessions..

I reckon Geary should be the first player bought back in & then followed by Fiora.. (ahead of McQualter, Eddy etc)
so you have seen the reserves games then?

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
killa_gram
Club Player

fonz_#15 wrote:
Halo Halo wrote:Doesnt matter if you disagree or not. In my mind Aaron is certainly not the worst player on our list.. I dont see him as a soft player I see him as somebody who may not be as talented the elite players but I see him as somebody who works hard for his possessions..

so you have seen the reserves games then?
Obviously not. There are a few from the Scorps who would be ahead of Aaron eg Gwilt, CJ, McEnvoy, Eddy and Mini.

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
Halo Halo
Club Player

We are in trouble if we bring Gwilt back...

Cant believe anybody would want Fiora gone but mentions bringing Gwilt back.. I can remember watching Fiora play a good tough footy same cant be said about J Gwilt!!

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Halo Halo wrote:

Fiora chooses his contests... always has, always will... certainly sometimes he puts his head over the ball, but more often than not he uses his talent of evading a contest to clear out of harms way...

And he always, ALWAYS misses the crunch goals a guy of his talent should eat.. 50 points up, he'll slot it from 55... 4 points down, misses again... He and Rix are the 2 listed players who should never play again..

Halo Halo
Club Player

Okay.. We'll never play Rix or Fiora again or that case Gardener or Kosi, Dal Santo, Gram, Dempster, Scheinder, Clark etc cos they ALL let us down.. They dont kicks goals that they should..

Maybe we should just play those players that are always putting their body on the line & never miss a goal that they should get.. OMG Our list would be so long.. We would be lucky to have 3 players!

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Halo Halo wrote:Okay.. We'll never play Rix or Fiora again or that case Gardener or Kosi, Dal Santo, Gram, Dempster, Scheinder, Clark etc cos they ALL let us down.. They dont kicks goals that they should..

Maybe we should just play those players that are always putting their body on the line & never miss a goal that they should get.. OMG Our list would be so long.. We would be lucky to have 3 players!
your rationale is fundamentally flawed..each have more upside than fiora

Halo Halo
Club Player

I am yet to see the 'upside' of Dempster, Schneider or R Clarke.. Rix is no good while the likes of Kosi & Co may have more talent than Fiora yet they dont use it...

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

could argue that fiora was one of the most talented juniors of his time..after all he was a number 3 draft pick by richmond.

he hasn't lived up to his potential at either club he has played for.

Dempster and schneider have premiership medals, and whilst Raph hasn't showed us much, he has a crack and will contest when the ball is up for grabs, something fiora fails to do more often than not.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, but then Raph stuffs it as soon as he's got his hands on the ball...I wanna love him to death, but he's the most frustratingly useless player 80% of the time. Fiora is better, but he's also a letdown...haven't run into a Tigers supporter yet who's in tears over his departure

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Halo Halo wrote:

Disagree with you and agree with Sobraz. Fiora is a waste of space in a Saints jumper. He IS soft, skirts around packs and hard ball contests waiting for it to come out.
In a contested one on one situation he goes to ground, loses his footing way too easily. If the wind blows he falls over. Yes he can kick and his delivery to forwards can be excellent. But it's not enough.
He's a perfect example of a player that should have been off-loaded and a youngster taken in his place. He's had many many opportunities to show his mettle and apart from an occasional flash of flair that makes some fans go, "wow, he's great", he's actually done bugger all for the Saints.
In the first three on my list of players to be cleared out at season's end.