Doom and Gloom

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Re: Doom and Gloom

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:If we lose to the lions on Sunday which we probably will this site will absolutely be going off it's head and we'll be looking to sack the coach.

But is it that bad?
Hmmm...

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

axcellence
Club Player

The Peanut wrote:We all know the downside issues ...

Our big upside is that we are not losing by much and it's caused by the various issues we all talk about - so there is always the chance that we can iron out many of our issues throughout the season.

It's not like every individual player is playing their best and every tactic had been tried and we still can't win.
Peanut... you had to say it about not losing by much.... :P

kalsaint
Club Player

Its good to see lots of positives here amonst the anxiety.

Given the poor result today, can we really change our approach and at least secure 13 wins for the season to guarantee a pop at the G Final?

A week is a long time in football but for performance to improve change has to happen somewhere.

At the season start, we believed we had the cattle. We had 2 new rucks and it appeared that we could be top 4 material.

A couple of injuries later and our lack of depth shows up again. Midfield impact becomes less.

We drop the ball and go negative (not at the instructon of our coach). Team confidence disappears.

Bring in the psychologists I say. The players are the same as early in nthe year and the coach does not request slow ball movement, just some accountability.

This performance problem resides in the players heads. Play some young guys. Not too many, but enough to provide an increase level of enthusiasm.

Remove injured players from the team. If they have to be played put them in the midfield rather than in key forward positions to avoid potential further stress in movement.

Protect the ball cariier. I know I ramble about this but this is the accountability I expect to ensure slick ball movement from a slow team.

Effort is prime. Without it nothing works including the above. This is why the shrink needs a run first.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency