Roo Against Melbourne...where would you play him?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Shaggy
Club Player

Keep Roo at CHF which is the hardest position on the ground and Roo is the only player we have good enough to play it well.

If we want to move anyone up field move Kosi who is a worse kick for goal than Roo and will not return to 2005 form as a permanent KPP forward.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
The_Dud wrote:not disturbing at all

what team does McKinley play for? i bet their delivery into the forward line is 1000% better than ours
Defending him against a player without knowing what club they play for???

Wow? :lol:

You go to some great lengths.
well judging on how we're travelling at the moment, i would put just about every other team ahead of us structure/gameplan/forward delivery wise, and i was taking a punt that he plays for one of the other teams ;)

and Doc, it must be that their best team is only missing about 5 premiership players

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Buckets
SS Life Member

I wouldn't play him. He is not fit enough and needs to get his body right. There is no use for him to break every bone in his body to get out on to the field when he cant give his 100% because he is limited by his injuries. Rest him and get him right and he will be flying back into backs like he should always do!
Last edited by Buckets on Tue 27 May 2008 10:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Shaggy
Club Player

Buckets wrote:I wouldn't play him. He is not fit enough and needs to get his body right. There is no use breaking every bone in his body to get out on to the field when he cant give his 100% because he is limit by his injuries. Rest him get him right and he will be flying back into backs like he should always do!
I agree with that also. I think Roo deserves some time to recover even though he won't let himself. It is time for others to step up. We should not be afraid of giving others a chance.

saints11
Club Player

chf :roll:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:If we want to move anyone up field move Kosi who is a worse kick for goal than Roo
i'd be interested to see the stats on that, though neither of them is as reliable as you would like.

kosi should stay at ff this week. he kicked four despite limited opportunities and lousy delivery from a team that was smashed in just about every other position.

a full forward who kicks four under those conditions has done his job imo.

keep roo at chf. i was a proponent of moving him to the wing but that was partly an effort to fit fraser, kosi and riewoldt into the same team. we no longer have that problem.

as i've said elsewhere i'd try a four man forward set-up. dal santo and riewoldt at half forward and milne and kosi deep.

give them some space and instruct everyone to pump it in there quickly and often.

see if these four very good players can't kick us a winning score.
Last edited by bigcarl on Tue 27 May 2008 10:26pm, edited 5 times in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Shaggy wrote:If we want to move anyone up field move Kosi who is a worse kick for goal than Roo
i'd be interested to see the stats on that, though neither of them is as reliable as you would like.

kosi should stay at ff this week. he kicked four despite limited opportunities and lousy delivery from a team that was smashed in just about every other position.

keep roo at chf. i was a proponent of moving him to the wing but that was partly an effort to fit fraser, kosi and riewoldt int the same team. we no longer have that problem.

as i've said elsewhere i'd try a four man forward set-up. dal santo and riewoldt at half forward and milne and kosi deep.

give them some space and instruct everyone to pump it in there quickly and often.

You still dont see that we will be outnumbered by 2. How many kicks did Drummond get on Sunday because BJ was loose down back.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:You still dont see that we will be outnumbered by 2. How many kicks did Drummond get on Sunday because BJ was loose down back.
start with six forwards but instruct two of them to stay well clear of the big guys either by staying wide or by pushing up the ground.

what would be your plan?
Last edited by bigcarl on Tue 27 May 2008 11:50pm, edited 1 time in total.

jill
Club Player

Roo should be played in the same position he SHOULD have been played against Brisbane - The Stand!!!!! - watching on until he's fully fit!

Shaggy
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:

a full forward who kicks four under those conditions has done his job imo.

keep roo at chf. i was a proponent of moving him to the wing but that was partly an effort to fit fraser, kosi and riewoldt into the same team. we no longer have that problem.

Kosi kicked 4 goals so of course I would not move him this week.

But I do believe (as I believe you also think) that Kosi is a real match winner.

But 4 goals is not a match winner.

Kosi has spent majority of time in the forward line under RL. Its enough. If you look at the SS threads most are disappointed with Kosi :D . He is out of position IMO.

Time to give him freedom of the ground and tell him to become a match winner :twisted:

Big Carl would not have been a great FF either :D

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:Kosi has spent majority of time in the forward line under RL. Its enough. If you look at the SS threads most are disappointed with Kosi :D . He is out of position IMO.

Time to give him freedom of the ground and tell him to become a match winner :twisted:

Big Carl would not have been a great FF either :D
we've had this discussion before and obviously neither of us has changed his opinion. that's okay. would be a boring and dull place if everyone agreed with each other.

thing with kosi is that he hasn't been given an extended run as a key player in he forward line. he's always had fraser and riewoldt as senior partners and him playing third tall.

with fraser gone this is his chance to make a key forward position his own and he showed good signs on sunday.

being a key forward is a pretty territorial business. you have to claim physical dominance over a certain patch of turf and, hopefully, your opponent.

this is kosi's chance to claim that patch of turf and he deserves a fair dinkum crack at it.