This week I would drop 7!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

As Ross Lyon said, you can't rhow the baby out with the bathwater, so seven changes might be a bit extreme.

My line-up would be:

L.Fisher Hudghton S.Fisher
Geary Koschitzke Goddard
Gram Ball Hayes
Dal Santo Blake Jones
Milne Riewoldt Ferguson

R: Gardiner Monatgna Baker

Inter: Armitage Harvey King Birss

Out: Schneider Dempster Fiora

In: Ferguson Armitage Baker

Blake at CHF is a bit so so, but he, Koschitzke and Goddard could be rotated throgh CHB & CHF, which could be effective. CHB is a major problem, and more so than CHF. With Riewoldt's suspect fitness at the moment, I think FF is better for him.

congorozides
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Is that all?

Only seven?

Jeez BigMart not half as reactionary, panicked, or hysterical as the Saintsational standard demands.

Seven, - pfft, I would drop 12 (including the waterboy and Kenny Wiffen).

Now that is the type of post requied here, not some measured and pretty sensible post that you just served up.
its not panic joffaboy - its as teddy whitten would say putting a rocket up their ass.cos thats where we are at. too many players had too many chances. and too many will NEVER be part of a decent team. I think that 7 are pretty accurate. too many on auto-pilot.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Well no doubt Lyon is shyting himself right now, well, for the whole of this week actually.

HIS balls are well and trully on the line and he admitted it post match in Brisbane.

So he really has no choice but to react in a fairly savage way.

4 changes minimum IMO, I'd like 5 - anymore perhaps is too big a swing of the axe for one week.....we can also chop a few more for the following week if the Dees match is not that flash.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
parky
Club Player

I know this forum is "Days of our Lives" and someone can come on after a year of the show which equals about half an hour in plot lines but is BigMart the same as StMart?

Cause I rememer the draft day 3 years ago when "Brad Howard" had no sooner left JB's lips that StMart (who had the ear of GT if I remember correctly) posted that it was the worst pick ever and that the "truth" as it has been known forever more is that we could have waited until a 4th round pick or eveb the rookie draft.

This was of course in direct contradiction with Scott Clayton leaning over to th StKilda table and saying "You B******s, how did you know I was going to take him next?" This of course has never sat in the comfortable realms that he was a JB "smokey" and that no one else in the country had ever seen the kid........mind you not a bad effort of JB to spot him when he drove for 5489 hours that weekend to see if he could find any kid to wear the Red Black and White...

Now I see that BigMart is calling for his selection.....guess it falls into the "better see if the kids got anything" excuse to give him a fire escape

Sorry if StMart does != BigMart.....perhaps I was watching the Young and the Restless and got my plotmlines mixed up

BTW, I do fall into the give Howard a go camp but I certainly don't bag a draft choice at 2pm on draft day either.....

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Parky......very astute you are.....not.

Brad Howard has been a most disappointing draftee.....taken in the same draft at #28 as Bacher Houli #42.....he has barely played seniors at Casey.....and even more rare has been his appearances in the best, at either Casey Seniors or Reserves - so thanks for proving me right!!!!!
I have seen him play a number of times at Casey, and I can tell you....he aint much...

How did I know this at 2pm draft day....my cousin played on him in the carnival for Tasmania (the year before) he was drafted at #19yo....on a HFF....he said that whilst he was a hard runner, he was S*** and could not hit the side of a barn by foot, he laughed when he was drafted.....he was on ZERO radars and was a rookie selection at best......will be delisted soon...

BTW I was right with Justin Sweeney too.....who I was shot down for calling a poor mans Russell Robertson with a poor offield history (again from a person who actually new him by playing in a carnival with him)

As for bringing him in....my point was to drop people....I do not care who came in (bought in Gwilt aswell, and he is not up to it)....we are going NOWHERE....so the playing of Howard is a two edged sword....to give him an opportunity prior to delisting, but mainly to put a rocket up Jason Grams arse.....also X is still out...

If need be I would bring in Ken Whiffen to teach them a lesson.

To the top
SS Life Member

Howard has been among the best at Casey in the last 2 matches.

In the televised match, he was definately in the best 3 playing as a small defender.

Did not kick a great distance, preferring to kick to short options which was understandable in the conditions but positioned himself well, defended well and got plenty of it, also up the ground.

Had pace and good ball handling skills.

The best player lists appear a bit concocted, with 3 listed players and 3 generic Casey players appearing, so you can take them with a grain of salt I agree.

But he deserved his mention v. Collingwood.

No doubt the coaching staff are working with him, and they will make the call when he is ready - which could be soon if he maintains performance at the lower level - and given the inability to impress of the likes of the (promoted) Fiora whose performance v. Collingwood for Casey was not a patch on Howard's.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Fiora had 22 disposals vs Collingwood reserves.....kicked 1 goal.....set up three.....and dropped 1 mark....at one point was the leading disposal winner on the ground, early in the third...but agreed, he did not play to the level that a 135 game AFL vetren should play.......should NOT have been bought in unless Gram was dropped - definitely not for Armo...

Howard gave some run of HB in the Collingwood game, indeed the best game I have seen him play....18 odd disposals....used the ball well (surprisingly).....I have seen Howard on numerous occasions....fair to say he is a battler, and outside his athletic prowess, he has NO qualities....but he is in good form ATM....so it is a ripe time to give him his shot.....Gram is poor, X is injured, Eddy is injured.....

We need to drop Gram....but for someone who carries the footy...

older saint
SS Life Member

Kosi has changed his body shape and size, and also injuries mean he is now TOO slow to play CHB.

Melb do not have power forwards - Holland , Miller - not Brown or Bradshaw, so no need for Kosi CHB anyway

FF is the spot with him with a pinch in the ruck.

Problem is too many players either have poor skills - CJ, birrs or no defensive side - Milne, Schnieder, Fiora. Really badly lack balance.

Would like to see McEnvoy get a game but again will be too top heavy. Perhaps Allen, ferguson ro R Clarke given 3 weeks as a 3rd marking forward to see what happens.

Baker would be handy also .

Not too many changes as bad as we were it may have been an aberition and after Coll beat Geelong the week before looks a lot better also.