Fergie

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:HAS to become our 3rd or 4th fwd option and is way better persisting with than C Gardiner.
Agreed - really just having a gentle dig at b4e and his silly big head over Ferg :wink:

After todays effort really worth persisting with up forward. The goals will come if he keeps presenting.

Dont put him down back FFS.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
sainters man
Club Player

Did Rossy Lyon say anything good about young Ferguson's game today?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Awesome display!!!

Gee we have missed that mid sized solid bodied forward ala Didak, O'keef B Johnson(Hamill) mould.

It just takes a lot of pressure off the key tall forwards when adequately structured.

Great Stuff Freg. 4 points in a higher tempo, high pressure game for yourself is something to be proud of.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:so you think 0.4 with one OOF is a good return from a forward b4e???

Would rather think Schneider and Milne did much better and actually did what they get paid for - kick goals.

Ferguson took so nice marks and a speccy, but has a long way to go.
On another day he would have kickd 5, the fact is he presented and took the grabs and created at least 3 other shots on goal that fair dinkum should have been, converted

one to Ball who kicked it 5 metres to a defender and two passes to Riewoldt who on paseed one to Montagna.

Fact is he made our forwardline look more potent, the kid is now 24yo and fact is he was AA U18's full forward ( thanks stinger )

Fact is he's been on our list for at least 5 years and until today had never been played in the forwadline, that's just a very sad indightment on the judgements of our former and current coach, IMHFO

Milne, Schneider and Ferguson collectively all did what they are in there for.

Aside from his conversion and quite possibly that could be put down to unneccesary pressure from having been ignored for five years, his game was very good.

You wrote he has a long way to go, yeah hopefully he'll be selected in our forwardline for at least the next 8 years.

I remember you also trumpeted Rix as our saviour so I will take your predictions with a grain of salt
Was a wind up all along, surprising how many on here take the bait :lol:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

sainters man wrote:Did Rossy Lyon say anything good about young Ferguson's game today?
yes he did. At the presser said he presented well and showed something but still has a way to go. If he had of kicked 4.0 instead of 0.4 the commnets would have been a bit more full of praise. As it was it was a cautious tick for ferg.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:[

sure it was b4e.....we believe you......honestly...we do...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
joffaboy wrote:so you think 0.4 with one OOF is a good return from a forward b4e???

Would rather think Schneider and Milne did much better and actually did what they get paid for - kick goals.

Ferguson took so nice marks and a speccy, but has a long way to go.
On another day he would have kickd 5, the fact is he presented and took the grabs and created at least 3 other shots on goal that fair dinkum should have been, converted

one to Ball who kicked it 5 metres to a defender and two passes to Riewoldt who on paseed one to Montagna.

Fact is he made our forwardline look more potent, the kid is now 24yo and fact is he was AA U18's full forward ( thanks stinger )

Fact is he's been on our list for at least 5 years and until today had never been played in the forwadline, that's just a very sad indightment on the judgements of our former and current coach, IMHFO

Milne, Schneider and Ferguson collectively all did what they are in there for.

Aside from his conversion and quite possibly that could be put down to unneccesary pressure from having been ignored for five years, his game was very good.

You wrote he has a long way to go, yeah hopefully he'll be selected in our forwardline for at least the next 8 years.

I remember you also trumpeted Rix as our saviour so I will take your predictions with a grain of salt
Heres a topic of discussion.

Although we are just over analying one single game, could it be argued that today proved the major lack of development that exists within our VFL/Casey set-up.

Im not expert but im pretty sure Ferg has mainly played as a backman in VFL teams???? (Maybe someone else can clear that up)

....Recently was played up forward.......and kicked 7 goals.

?????

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote: Well Done Lyon for playing him in the right position.
barks4eva wrote:
Yeah and it only took 31 games for Lyon to play him, let alone play him in his best position on the forward line :roll:

I was calling for this before round 9 last year, FAIR DINKUM

Surely the time has come for all St.Kilda coaches to take instruction from me, for the good of the club, FAIR DINKUM
stinger wrote:
....flower me ...a reasonable post from b4e...........wonders will never cease.........see what a win does.......
I knew you'd come on board eventually :wink:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:Milne, Schneider and Ferguson collectively all did what they are in there for.
No Milne and Schneider converted and did what forwards do. 0.4 and one OOF is just not good enough.
barks4eva wrote:Aside from his conversion and quite possibly that could be put down to unneccesary pressure from having been ignored for five years, his game was very good.
pfft. High fiving players after he took the speccy and before he had the shot was a bad look. Missed some absolute sitters.

However as I said before keep presenting like he did today and the goals will come.

Liked the fact that he has come back from injuries, being delisted and then redrafted and finally got a go.

Forward line not so predictable with a player like Ferg forward. Was pleased for him.

barks4eva wrote:Was a wind up all along, surprising how many on here take the bait :lol:
Just hope you dont mozz young Ferg the way you put the skids under Rix.
Barks4eva - the kiss of death :wink: :wink:

Lance or James??

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Now, jb, the big differnce is that Ferguson is a natural footballer with skills, a great mark, is a good kick normally, great tackler with genuine football ability, was AA u18's FF

Rix is............., well Rix is a hunk

nicko016
Club Player

I've never even been a fan of him but today he was impressive. His kicking was terrible and another ill-directed forward is the last thing we need but everything else was pretty good. Has done enough to earn another game or two and hopefully he can build on today's performance. Took 4 contested marks and provided something different in our forward line other than two big key forwards with two small forwards.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://sportal.com.au/mediaplayer/audio ... r-now-2765

part of Ross's presser - where he does mentione Ferg.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Without trying to be negative maybe he could be the real deal but I'll reserve my opinion until this weekend after some higher quality opposition.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

nicko016 wrote:I've never even been a fan of him but today he was impressive.
well he's never been played in position before and only played 11 games in 5 years, so how you can make a decent assessment anyways is questionable at best.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:Now, jb, the big differnce is that Ferguson is a natural footballer with skills, a great mark, is a good kick normally, great tackler with genuine football ability, was AA u18's FF

Rix is............., well Rix is a hunk
You Rix and Fireman going fishin' again?

Dont forget your fishing rods next time :wink:

Lance or James??

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

As for B4E's call on Rix, yeah it was heavy handed. But he was right.

Playing Blake, and Ackland in the ruck was never going to work for us. We needed someone else to step up, and to be given a chance. Rix was that guy. He showed some promise early but failed to develop, which we should have really seen, given he was recruited as a 24 year old.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

He was good in the air, but I'd like to see him get a bit of the footy when he's not an unknown getting no respect from the worst defence in the competition before we start hailing him as the new Aaron Hamill. Kicking was horrible as well. If he kicked like that in narrow loss he'd b cop a mauling on here.

But at least we're going to find out if he can play or not in the next couple of weeks rather than persisting with (a couple less) known quantities who are going nowhere.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

[ quote="barks4eva"]Now, jb, the big differnce is that Ferguson is a natural footballer with skills, a great mark, is a good kick normally, great tackler with genuine football ability, was AA u18's FF

Rix is............., well Rix is a hunk[/quote]
joffaboy wrote:
You Rix and Fireman going fishin' again?

Dont forget your fishing rods next time :wink:
I'm not game to join Ray on his so called "fishing trips" to the mountain's with his "fishing buddy",....... it's the rod's they are packing that are my main concern.

but if Rix was going, I think I might tag along

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
It just takes a lot of pressure off the key tall forwards when adequately structured.

Precisely. IF Ferg CAN at least continue to present, apply pressure when the balls on the ground and tackle he will take enormous pressure off Riewoldt/Kosi. IF he gets the chance and builds his confidence Ive no doubt his kicking will improve and players in the side will start to look at hims as a genuine option up fwd.

“Yeah….nah””
To the top
SS Life Member

Far, far too easily pleased.

This was against Melbourne which would be hard pressed to beat a SANFL side.

The opposition was absolutely pathetic, and their future must be in serious doubt because they most obviously have no supporter base.

A basket case, on and off the field.

And I can say that because I am not a President of a rival (to Melbourne) club!

To press the point, which player from Melbourne would force their way into St Kilda's side?

So do not get too carried away too soon.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Far, far too easily pleased.

This was against Melbourne which would be hard pressed to beat a SANFL side.

The opposition was absolutely pathetic, and their future must be in serious doubt because they most obviously have no supporter base.

A basket case, on and off the field.

And I can say that because I am not a President of a rival (to Melbourne) club!

To press the point, which player from Melbourne would force their way into St Kilda's side?

So do not get too carried away too soon.
I dont think anyones saying we are gonna win the flag from here but you play who you play and Ferguson put his hand up. He id a good job.

Hes the kind of player that IF he gets his confidence going he'll be very handy. Last time we played dogs they simply dropped Mknson fwd everytime time and all he did was bring footy to ground and from there their crumbers did the rest. Ferguson up fwd for us IF HE PRESENTS does give us a little more unpredictability and thats gotta be good.

“Yeah….nah””
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:This was against Melbourne which would be hard pressed to beat a SANFL side.
The same melbourne who took it up to Hawthorn and almost beat them last week.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Otiman wrote:The same melbourne who took it up to Hawthorn and almost beat them last week.
It just goes to show how much of performance is decided in the minds of players. Melbourne were very good against Hawthorn, from all appearences revved up by Neitz's retirement, yet were as bad as I can remember an AFL side in the past few years yesterday. They were an absolute rabble, just inept.

How you can go from one extreme to the other in the space of a week is astouding. That also applies to our form against Bribane versus our form against Melbourne.

As they say the most important distance in sport is the 20 cm's between your ears.

Saints43
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:[Fact is he's been on our list for at least 5 years and until today had never been played in the forwadline, that's just a very sad indightment on the judgements of our former and current coach, IMHFO
So you would have played him in front of Hamill, Riewoldt, Guerra, Gehrig, Milne, Voss or Kosi? Previous coaches might not have needed him up forward.

Good effort yesterday, though. Very encouraging. Big difference between having a day out against Melbourne (kicking at goal aside) and doing it week in week out. Good luck to him.

HarveysDeciple

It was also that forward line pressure that impressed me.

Something we have been lacking for quite a while.

Fergs, hit the packs hard and took some strong marks but he also fought hard when it was on the deck, chasing, tackling etc etc.

Good game, deserved a few goals.