Some fans are truly never satisfied.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Some fans are truly never satisfied.

Kinda struck me the 2nd half today that some supporters are never ever happy with the teams performance....plus a few reckon they are back at Moorabbin in the 70's wanting that style of footy again..

Heres a few examples.

More than 3 handballs in a row... "KICK THE BLOODY THING!!!"

No handballs but a kick that doesnt hit a Saint lace out "OH HAVE A LOOK BEFORE YOU KICK IT!!!

Any possession by an opposistion player PICK UP YOUR MEN ST.KILDA!!!

Any contested mark by the opposition OH PUNCH IT WHY DONT YOU!!!??

ANY uncontested mark by the opposotion GET IN FRONT FOR GODS SAKE!

It seems that some people genuinely arent happy unless the final score is 300-6 with no opposition player getting more than 4 touches. They will always find fault about something!

Newsflash..handball is an integral part of the modern game. Watch our defence..our hand skills are actually way more slick than our foot skills.

This sort of behaviour will always be more noticeable when we are well in front...and generally agaisnt a bottom side...even if that bottom side were one 50/50 free kick away from knocking over the top side last week.

80 point wins dont come along every day..against any side..I reckon chill a bit and enjoy them folks!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

agree with you, this club needed thos win and the fact that it could and should have been more matters not.

we got the 4 points, the important percentage and we have a bit of confidence (and no new injuries) going into what is a very important game against a side playing excellent football.

we can knock off the dogs if the boys work like they did this week but they must turn dominance into better conversion

COME ON SAINTERS

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

I think a lot of that is historical problems,

I remember not too long ago 2000 ish the backline would handball all day and muck around and lose possession of the ball.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Mate all those comments to you mentioned above are made by people who know nothing about football.

And.....that covers about 90% of members.....they have no clue......but they pay their coin so I guess they kinda have a right to say what they want.....even if they haven't got a clue what their talking about.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

The Saintsational Man wrote:Mate all those comments to you mentioned above are made by people who know nothing about football.

And.....that covers about 90% of members.....they have no clue......but they pay their coin so I guess they kinda have a right to say what they want.....even if they haven't got a clue what their talking about.
and your opinion is gospel?

what a silly thing to say

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I actually love people yelling 'MAN UP' when the players have zoned back into defence. :D :D :D

Fair Dinkum people might not like zoning defence but that is mordern football. Even less point in yelling that than BAAALLLLLL every time a tackle is laid :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: Some fans are truly never satisfied.

saint66au wrote: More than 3 handballs in a row... "KICK THE BLOODY THING!!!"

No handballs but a kick that doesnt hit a Saint lace out "OH HAVE A LOOK BEFORE YOU KICK IT!!!

All those points MIGHT be relevant next week when we play one of the top sides........
:roll:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Worst game I have seen all year.

If we played anybody else we would have been flogged (even Freo).

Great game by the usual performers.

Schneider had a day out. Kosi was crap yet again. field kicking and goal kicking was a disgrace.

Watched the replay on Foxtel tonight, Bruce said Roo was really unselfish dishing off to players in better positions in front of goal.
I've got news for you Bruce, he is s*** scared to have a shot himself. This is the captain and he does not trust himself to have a shot at goal.

Where is this club going?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
stinger
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote:Mate all those comments to you mentioned above are made by people who know nothing about football.

you are underestimating the great bulk of football supporters ffs.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Worst game I have seen all year.

Schneider had a day out. Kosi was crap yet again. field kicking and goal kicking was a disgrace.

Watched the replay on Foxtel tonight, Bruce said Roo was really unselfish dishing off to players in better positions in front of goal.
I've got news for you Bruce, he is s*** scared to have a shot himself. This is the captain and he does not trust himself to have a shot at goal.

F@rk me.....

I mean yeah we beat no one but you can only beat who your up against and Melb looked pretty good against Hawthorn last week...

I know we have a long way to go but geezus youd still berate your side if they won by 200 pts......its small steps, the pressure was there and some confidence gained........have a bex FFS.

“Yeah….nah””
Saints-06-Premiers
Club Player

satisfied

i wouldnt be satisfied with today

neither should the players

never be satisfied

thats what the Australian cricket team built their success on

but then i realised this thread is about whats been said in the crowd

Too lazy to update my username
sainters man
Club Player

Worst game I have seen all year.

Bernard Shakey---What a stupid thing to say :? , i think you have no clue about football mate
Last edited by sainters man on Sun 01 Jun 2008 11:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Worst game I have seen all year.

I gues the OP's point was just proven.

god some people must lead sad loney drab and dreay lives.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: Some fans are truly never satisfied.

saint66au wrote:Kinda struck me the 2nd half today that some supporters are never ever happy with the teams performance....plus a few reckon they are back at Moorabbin in the 70's wanting that style of footy again..

Heres a few examples.

More than 3 handballs in a row... "KICK THE BLOODY THING!!!"

It seems that some people genuinely arent happy unless the final score is 300-6 with no opposition player getting more than 4 touches. They will always find fault about something!

Newsflash..handball is an integral part of the modern game. Watch our defence..our hand skills are actually way more slick than our foot skills.

This sort of behaviour will always be more noticeable when we are well in front...and generally agaisnt a bottom side...even if that bottom side were one 50/50 free kick away from knocking over the top side last week.

80 point wins dont come along every day..against any side..I reckon chill a bit and enjoy them folks!!

The token "St Kilda fans are never happy" after a 10+ goal win. I was waiting for one to appear.

Why should people change the way the shout, barrack, yell and more importantly THINK just because of a favorable scoreline.

If a player makes an awful mistake, you expect people to not express their thoughts just because we are winning???

I dont change my game day attitude to the match based on scoreline. Good bad win lose....Its the same.

Same like you should play footy, the coach doesn't say at 3QT "listen boys a lot of mistakes that quarter, but thats ok just keep going, we are well and truly in front."

No, he yells his head off with a "pull your heads in and dont get lazy...I want another 8 goals this quarter, dont give them any easy ones.

Appreciate the win once the final siren goes.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

The Captain cannot or willnot kick for goal.

Kosi is not or does not seem interested.

We bring in a new forward who cannot kick goals.

I say again we won by default. We beat the worst team in the comp.

Should I be feeling like we are on the way to September glory?

If you guys are happy with today's performance good luck to you.

I have been bleeding red, black and white for nigh on fifty years and now demand more than cheering wins against mediocre opposition and narrow losses to good teams

Anyone who watched the Saints at Moorabbin will know what I mean

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:The Captain cannot or willnot kick for goal.

Kosi is not or does not seem interested.

We bring in a new forward who cannot kick goals.

I say again we won by default. We beat the worst team in the comp.

Should I be feeling like we are on the way to September glory?

If you guys are happy with today's performance good luck to you.

I have been bleeding red, black and white for nigh on fifty years and now demand more than cheering wins against mediocre opposition and narrow losses to good teams

Anyone who watched the Saints at Moorabbin will know what I mean
Sad dreary life :roll:

You are really terribly, terribly sad.

Lance or James??

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

I agree that Bruce was way out of line with his comment about Roo.

Roo was only looking to dish off to team mates because he did NOT want to take the shots for goal - and why should he at the moment? His kicking is disgraceful.

And Kosi. while he made contests and a few goals may have spilled to the crumbers, he is one bloke who should be kicking 4 a week sitting in the goal square.

I was sitting with a bloke today who told me our forward coach is some bloke called Barker. Don't know him, what's he done? Where's he been? Was he any good?

We should have smashed Melbourne today and 79 is a good result and almost in the smashing category - but at the start of the year my expectations were that I had them pencilled in for a 100 point win.

I called season defining moments two weeks ago, one week ago, and next week - but not the Melbourne game.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

our forward coach (john Barker) is a former hawk who retired a couple of years ago iceman234.

he was very injury prone from memory (ironic when you think what club he is at now) and was very good in patches and inconsistent a lot of the time during his playing days.

i think our forwards need to spend at least half an hour after training soley on practicing shots for goal.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:our forward coach (john Barker) is a former hawk who retired a couple of years ago iceman234.

he was very injury prone from memory (ironic when you think what club he is at now) and was very good in patches and inconsistent a lot of the time during his playing days.

i think our forwards need to spend at least half an hour after training soley on practicing shots for goal.
Sorry fonz, I think maybe you missed my sarcasm...

I am clearly missing the fact that we have a forward coach, someone who is setting up structures and making them kick a thousand shots at goal each week.

:wink:

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Iceman234 wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:our forward coach (john Barker) is a former hawk who retired a couple of years ago iceman234.

Sorry fonz, I think maybe you missed my sarcasm...

I am clearly missing the fact that we have a forward coach, someone who is setting up structures and making them kick a thousand shots at goal each week.

haha definately did mate, and since i know how often you visit this forum i did think to myself how the hell does he not know who john barker is :lol:

carry on without me :wink:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Unfortunately that is not the Barker way Iceman234.

John Barker does not want anyone under his tuttilage to be a better forward than he was. He is very successful in this endeavour.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

I think the running joke re Barker started today when Kosi almost scored from his first kick.

My mate's wife was holding the Kosi ticket for first goal from the Victory Room.

As he lined up I said "don't be too cocky, we're a chance of marking this (in Aisle 19)"

Ouch.

She believes Kosi owes us a shout as she had already committed to it.

From there, after certain "gimme putts", comments such as "John who?", "how do you spell it, surely not the same as the great Trevor", "who is this Barker you speak of?" became a running joke.

So anyway.

Who is he and what has he achieved?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I guess the point I was trying to make in my OP was that some people seem to think that critisising a team even when a mile in front makes them more knowledgeable, better or just smarter fans then those who just appreciate the good stuff.

I'm not saying we are back in town, far from it, but from some of the stuff I heard yesterday you'd reckon it was US who were 13 goals behind.

Watching football is a pastime, its supposed to be enjoyable....especially if you win!!!lol. I'd hate to go to a clsssical music concert with some of these supporters. "OMG that 3rd violinist is crap and the percussionist couldnt keep time to save his life" lol

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:I actually love people yelling 'MAN UP' when the players have zoned back into defence. :D :D :D

Fair Dinkum people might not like zoning defence but that is mordern football. Even less point in yelling that than BAAALLLLLL every time a tackle is laid :roll:
The OP and your post raise really good points Joff. It's got me wondering, what modern obscenities should we be screaming as alternatives? Being the progressive supporter base that we are lets start something new starting with what should we replace BAAALLLLLL with? :wink:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
joffaboy wrote:I actually love people yelling 'MAN UP' when the players have zoned back into defence. :D :D :D

The OP and your post raise really good points Joff. It's got me wondering, what modern obscenities should we be screaming as alternatives? Being the progressive supporter base that we are lets start something new starting with what should we replace BAAALLLLLL with? :wink:
'Prior opportunity / Illegal disposal'

Doesn't quite have the same ring as 'Baaaaaaaaalllllll' :)