SACK Ross the dud

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

SACK Ross the dud

Can anyone have a look at our first half today and how the foward line was totally disfunctional. THEN have a look at what transpired in the second half!!?? Time to go ross, you DONT have what it takes, by a country mile.

I DONT trust him to re work this list one iota.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Fair enough that's your opinion, but if you want to make a statement like that then answer my question.
In fact all the people that want Lyon gone, answer the following question.

IF the club sacked Ross Lyon all be it tomorrow or at seasons end.
Give me a replacement? and why?

I just don't want a name, I want to hear why that replacement would be your choice.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Behind Play
Club Player

Terry Daniher.........because he can coach.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote:Terry Daniher.........because he can coach.
He has not been proven as a senior coach, no more than when Ross Lyon was appointed.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

very valid question, amd I have to say I dont have a answer. But I post it, because I am completely astounded at his total lack of aptitude for the job. Its beyond astounding and totally amateur. There has to be better out there.

1989 saint
Club Player

i dont blame ross for our forward line, that blame goes straight to a man who has close to NO experience with forward coaching in john barker.

i would have to add though that rossy is not a hard enough coach on the boys, and is a poor idealist coach, but we cant do anything about it, no matter how many posts or banners we make that state that rossy is a bad coach, it ultimatley comes down to the board, so all we can do is prey that the board reads these posts from the fans and acts in the most common sensual way.

Should have won the premiership in '04, '05, went nowhere in '06, wasted '07, wish for a win in '08

FOX FOOTY ---- LEST WE FORGET CHANNEL 506
SaintWal
Club Player

Nathan Burke, Danny Frawley and Andrew Thompson.

I would have faith that they would build the list correctly

Behind Play
Club Player

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:
Behind Play wrote:Terry Daniher.........because he can coach.
He has not been proven as a senior coach, no more than when Ross Lyon was appointed.
Sorry I meant Neal.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:very valid question, amd I have to say I dont have a answer. But I post it, because I am completely astounded at his total lack of aptitude for the job. Its beyond astounding and totally amateur. There has to be better out there.
Well it's all well and good to make such statements, but there is
NO point sacking the current coach if you have no one to replace him.

If you can't make even some kind of short list, then sacking the current coach would only be making things worse... Hence the reason why I am asking this question.

I should have also said in my question, a new coach within reason. In other words not taking a coach from another club that we know will not leave to come to St Kilda.

In Ross Get lost!

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

1989 saint wrote:i .... so all we can do is prey that the board reads these posts from the fans and acts in the most common sensual way.
LOL...A bit of sexy action by the board might be just what the doctor ordered :twisted:
Last edited by saint patrick on Sun 08 Jun 2008 11:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Danny Frawley
BWwwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The bloke who took Richmond to a Prelim final, then traded his way to the bottom of the ladder within 2 years.

List builder????..Oh thats choice

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

No need to Sack Lyon, needs time to find his feet.

It was a mistake to recruit a rookie coach to take us "to the next level". However, he is the best guy for the job, and will bring us success in the future. The sooner he gives up on scraping into the finals in '08, the better.

Buckets
SS Life Member

The Horse....he has pretty much been coaching the Swans all year and they have been pretty bloody good!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

yer because we need to play like sydney even more :roll:, must make a big play for choco or lethal....

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:No need to Sack Lyon, needs time to find his feet.

It was a mistake to recruit a rookie coach to take us "to the next level". However, he is the best guy for the job, and will bring us success in the future. The sooner he gives up on scraping into the finals in '08, the better.

Finally someone with a bit of perspective

In Ross Get lost!

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Is not just losing the games. Its the way they are lost and the no hope way we have gone about it. Hell, even the wins., all 4 of em bless him, have been painful and no where near convincing. This is a case that is one out of the box, and not just a knee jerk re action to a poor win/loss ratio.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

iwantmeseats wrote:Is not just losing the games. Its the way they are lost and the no hope way we have gone about it. Hell, even the wins., all 4 of em bless him, have been painful and no where near convincing. This is a case that is one out of the box, and not just a knee jerk re action to a poor win/loss ratio.
exactly...

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ill do it for free 8-)

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Yeah, would be a great move sacking the coach mid season, I reckon Matthews or Chocko would be champing at the bit to coach the Saints !

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

not mid season, end of year. You prepared for all this again in 09? Im not.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

No, I dont want to see it any more than any other Saint person. If the coaching job became available at seasons end, you still have to come up with a creditable alternative. If the club were to sack Lyon (and I dont think they will) who's there to pick from. Surely they wouldnt go for another untried coach, so who's there, SHEEDY, DANIHER, hmmm, dont think so, maybe FRAWLEY, hmmm, dont think so. So Who ?

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Yep, Ill admit your spot on there, so its not truly rational. BUT, I stand by my statement that he is completely clueless and will run this club into the ground and dissolve our membership base.

So yeah, dunno. looks like we made one hell of a bad decision in getting him on board. Now, we just suffer the consequences?

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I would sack him this week, and act SOS in the job until the end of the season. That'll do for now.

Next season, I would be trying my darndest to lure Malthouse over. Or Choco. Or even Sheeds. Or, failing all those, lure Bundy back (as I have suggested before to near universal ridicule. But what the heck.)

We need to something. We have some fabulous players who are being destroyed by a totally inept coach. Look at Riewoldt, look at Kosi, look at Dal, even BJ and Grammy. It's a disgrace!!

Those associated with the club who can't see it - and I fear that Greg Westaway is one of them - are going to have to shape up or ship out.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Mooksy
Club Player

The last thing our club should do is sack our coach! It's never got us anywhere before.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

And we aint going ANYWHERE with RL, so...crossroads huh?