Attard

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Attard

Does anyone know where he's at in his recovery and in what sort of capacity the club plan to play him when he gets back?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Jayden Attard – ACL reconstruction, 1-3 weeks.

which is good- I noted someone on another thread suggesting he be delisted- as rookie turn over- But he was well on the way to securing a spot on the team before the injury late last season..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

He is in full training at the moment.

Looked really good at training last week.

I would think he will play for the Scorps in a couple of weeks.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

i dont see what he will add to the side

good tagger but relatively slow

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
To the top
SS Life Member

So whose place does he take, and why?

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

More taggers who can't win or use the footy are not going to make us a better side. Brissy delisted him for a good reason.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:i dont see what he will add to the side

good tagger but relatively slow
Great tagger, is really quick, but just can't get the ball. Can't even comment on his disposal because of how few times he gets the ball.

I believe Dempster is a better option at present. In fact, I think Dempster is probably playing better than Schneider at the moment.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Perhaps I'm a generous soul, but I see a place for JA on our senior list in the long term

But he's not a crucial in at this stage

As I say time and again, you want no more than two of these unskilled gophers in your 22 each week

We've got more than 2 now!!

apples1403

Attard

I beg to differ.

I was there when Attard played his first game. In the early part of the first quarter, an Opposition player has the ball near the boundary. He chased hard and tackled. The ball spilled free to be picked up by another opposition player. He picked himself up, laid another tackle and won a free for holding the ball.

He certainly doesnt appear slow and has the determination and will to win which is so sorely needed in this team.

Until his injury he was easily in our best 22

Just my 5 cents worth

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

he is slow though

against any semi pacey small forward he gets his behind handed to him

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Attard

apples1403 wrote:I was there when Attard played his first game. In the early part of the first quarter, an Opposition player has the ball near the boundary. He chased hard and tackled. The ball spilled free to be picked up by another opposition player. He picked himself up, laid another tackle and won a free for holding the ball.
That is one of my fondest memories from last year.

This year, it's Van Rheenen's goal in the intraclub, followed by CJ's mark prior to being dropped

Which semi pacey small forward beat him last year?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

ROFL at the state of our list when a tagger who cannot win his own football is generating excitement.

Brisbane saw no future for him, and they were right.

He's an honest goer, but he will have lost another yard of pace with his knee injury and when you think that L Fisher, Dempster, Birss and Blake are occupying spots in our side, it shows why we're a bottom eight team.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Just about anyone could take Leigh Fishers spot...

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote:Just about anyone could take Leigh Fishers spot...
Except Leigh Fisher.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Does anyone remember how Attard was going the game where he did his knee? apart from one shank at goal he was having a really good game...
He had 10 touches, 3 marks and 3 tackles, didn't he do his knee just before half time?

I still remember a couple of feral west coast supporters (only about 7 or 8) laughing and bagging the hell out of it, made me sick when their parents laughed at what they were saying :evil: :evil:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Does anyone remember how Attard was going the game where he did his knee? apart from one shank at goal he was having a really good game...
He had 10 touches, 3 marks and 3 tackles, didn't he do his knee just before half time?

I still remember a couple of feral west coast supporters (only about 7 or 8) laughing and bagging the hell out of it, made me sick when their parents laughed at what they were saying :evil: :evil:
This was the game I was near you I think as I remember that. Sickens me when people can laugh at injuries no matter the club.

Saints Premiers 06 - I think you'll find that pre-knee reco his pace was his main asset, definitely not slow.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
Armoooo wrote:Does anyone remember how Attard was going the game where he did his knee? apart from one shank at goal he was having a really good game...

This was the game I was near you I think as I remember that. Sickens me when people can laugh at injuries no matter the club.

Saints Premiers 06 - I think you'll find that pre-knee reco his pace was his main asset, definitely not slow.
Yeah that was the one...
I also seem to remember him being pretty pacey, people could be thinking of our round 4(?) match against Essendon last year, he was on Lovett I think, he kept getting away from him an dI think he ended up with like 1.3 for the day, but there are few players who can keep up with the likes of Lovett...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
super dooper
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:ROFL at the state of our list when a tagger who cannot win his own football is generating excitement.

Brisbane saw no future for him, and they were right.

He's an honest goer, but he will have lost another yard of pace with his knee injury and when you think that L Fisher, Dempster, Birss and Blake are occupying spots in our side, it shows why we're a bottom eight team.
Dont get me started on Dempster. He's still trying to figure which foot Alan Didak ALWAYS kicks with, FFS, still makes me angry!!!

As for Attard, honest goer but doesnt cut the mustard, we need 22 contributors in a side, not a team of stoppers!!!

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

That's the game where he was alternating with Blake on Cousins. I was watching the matchup closely.

After half time (after Attard did his knee), Cousins went on that rampage and tore us to pieces.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:

i think you will find he is still average paced regardless

against essendon last year he played on lovett who took him directly to the square and had a field day against him

if it wasnt for lovett's poor kicking he could have ended up with 5-7

which small has he played on and curtailed??

midas_touch
Club Player

Attard was grossly overrated on these forums last year, before he did his knee. Dempster is playing his role now, and has performed just as well, if not better than Attard did last year. The upside to Attard, is that he's only 22 so there is still scope for improvement in him.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

midas_touch wrote:Attard was grossly overrated on these forums last year, before he did his knee. Dempster is playing his role now, and has performed just as well, if not better than Attard did last year. The upside to Attard, is that he's only 22 so there is still scope for improvement in him.
Improvement that is extremely set back by his knee reco.

Still, I reckon he can be as good a tagger as Bakes once was. Dempster, he's more of a defensive version of Goddard, only nowhere near as good.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Has a spot on the list for specific match ups...

the only player on our list that can play on the small fast forwards.

not really suitable for anything else so should spend the rest of the season in the 2s

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I thought he was fantastic last year. Not to many touches was had by whoever he played on.

Qld Saints Supporter Group