We will know where we're at before the first bounce...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

We will know where we're at before the first bounce...

If the St Kilda back six get in Barry Halls face before the first bounce, it will show this team has a little bit of ticker left and a little bit of bottle about them. I would love nothing more than Maxy giving Barry a big push in the chest, say "you're a f***ing thug" for the world to lip read, with the other 5 guys to come in and back him up.

If Max walks down and stands next to him without any sort of remonstration, I will turn to TV off because it will be obvious the gutless St Kilda have flown to Sydney.

I'm afraid I won't see much af the game...

JeffDunne

I'd be happy just to see only six in our backline.

It would make a nice change.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Hall's not a worry...Max will wrap him up, as per usual...rather have him do his usual job than lying on the ground unconcious (although he does a lot of that regardless). In fact, they've been scoring more goals without Baz in the team, so having a frustrated, goal-less Barry Hall clogging up their forward line could be good for us. The worries are O'Keefe, O'Lauglin and Goodes (go Blake!).

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Re: We will know where we're at before the first bounce...

St Chris wrote:"you're a f***ing thug" for the world to lip read
That will have every St Kilda supporter over the age of 85 impressed and leave the rest of us going "what the hell did he say that for?"
St Chris wrote:I'm afraid I won't see much af the game...
Count yourself lucky.
JeffDunne wrote:I'd be happy just to see only six in our backline.

It would make a nice change.
Amen to that.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Ice Wolf
Club Player

Re: We will know where we're at before the first bounce...

St Chris wrote:If the St Kilda back six get in Barry Halls face before the first bounce, it will show this team has a little bit of ticker left and a little bit of bottle about them. I would love nothing more than Maxy giving Barry a big push in the chest, say "you're a f***ing thug" for the world to lip read, with the other 5 guys to come in and back him up.

If Max walks down and stands next to him without any sort of remonstration, I will turn to TV off because it will be obvious the gutless St Kilda have flown to Sydney.

I'm afraid I won't see much af the game...
I don't know, if the whole back six really get in his face how will we play if he snaps and we have to have 2 unconscious players lying on the field because there no more room on the bench?

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Max is good at yelling at team mates and crying when he gets told off by the coach. Big Bad will not be quaking in his boots. He'll kick plenty.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Max is good at yelling at team mates and crying when he gets told off by the coach. Big Bad will not be quaking in his boots. He'll kick plenty.
Ahem...he's kicked 4 in his last 5 appearances against us, Max will dust him...again. They probably all came from free kicks, as per usual.

Saintschampions08
Club Player

degruch wrote:
perfectionist wrote:Max is good at yelling at team mates and crying when he gets told off by the coach. Big Bad will not be quaking in his boots. He'll kick plenty.
Ahem...he's kicked 4 in his last 5 appearances against us, Max will dust him...again. They probably all came from free kicks, as per usual.
Bookies say otherwise :oops:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Saintschampions08 wrote:
degruch wrote:
Bookies say otherwise :oops:
Wot? That he'll get all his goals from free kicks?

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

i would prefer to get in goodes' face and shove him around...the bloke is a deadset child i.e the way he cowered towards the umpire like he was about to cry when he was reported last week

push him around...not hall...if hall wants to go for it im sure they we will get in his face but he is not the main worry

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

No point wasting time with mind games, aren't we the ones that have been mentally weak all year?

The best way to get to Goodes and Hall is to not let them get near it...

100% aggression and intensity will win us this match, not name calling...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:No point wasting time with mind games, aren't we the ones that have been mentally weak all year?

Exactly right. Name calling worked in the pre-Bradman era. It doesn't now.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Armoooo wrote:No point wasting time with mind games, aren't we the ones that have been mentally weak all year?

Exactly right. Name calling worked in the pre-Bradman era. It doesn't now.
Are we playing at the SCG?

I think yer both right...bullying's never really worked for the Saints. We've done well against Sydney in the past, so we need to have a crack at the footy...having the Saints throw themselves into the game will be more 'in their face' than anything verbal we can come up with.

Remember Subiaco against the Weagles this time last year? No-one thought we'd stand a chance over there then. Hopefully we can do it again!

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

i'd be more inclined to sink the knees into goodes & okeefes thighs..bit hard to run with a severe corky

matrix
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
:shock:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:
degruch wrote:
:shock:
Pre-Bradman era...geddit? I'm fast.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Your constant belittling of the one the absolute stalwarts of this CLub is becoming a little tiresome

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Huzzad
Club Player

Interesting to see how they treat Schneider and Dempster. Schneider played against the in round 1 and there were some little bumps and pushes but on home sydney turf it would be interesting to see if they take it to another level. Reckon Dempster would cop the heat too, first time against his old club and at the SCG too. Would love the see Dempster getting a few pushes and bumps on Hall too.

I have faith in Maxy, he is a great footballer and has always kept Hall very accountable. I'm pretty sure you were right before when whoever said his goals were from free kicks. Hall plays badly against us, and coming off a nice rest on the sideline, he will be pumped but he will have no form or match fitness you'd think. So can't see him being an issue.

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

release the mg

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.