Gotta Feel Sorry For Ross

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Gotta Feel Sorry For Ross

Ross inherited a team on the slide with no quality kids coming thru and a small group of core elite players and nothing else to work with.

This is not a anti Gt thread just a fact.

Ross got us when we was on the decline and now he has to cop our wrath.

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

BULLDUST

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

its true actually i like ross,! he is good for our team, we sack another coach which means, we have another 2 years of NO premiership success give the guy a chance ffs!!!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:BULLDUST
:lol:

chook23
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:BULLDUST
disagree BFUSA

we were in decline bigtime

orginal post spot on.

Your opinion though.

saint4life
congorozides
Club Player

ralphysaints35 wrote:its true actually i like ross,! he is good for our team, we sack another coach which means, we have another 2 years of NO premiership success give the guy a chance ffs!!!
i have given him 36 chances so far.

remember we have the 2nd oldest list in the afl. so if we are no good this year things are going to get worse before they get better....[/list]

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

congorozides wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:its true actually i like ross,! he is good for our team, we sack another coach which means, we have another 2 years of NO premiership success give the guy a chance ffs!!!

remember we have the 2nd oldest list in the afl. so if we are no good this year things are going to get worse before they get better....[/list]
2nd oldest list u say?

Considering Ross has been at the club for 2 years this wouldn't be his fault now would it?

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

congorozides wrote:

Our list age is actually not that bad when you take Banger, Max & Steven King out. The only problem is our youngsters are invisible to the coaching panel.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Why were we one of the P.ship favs in april if our list is woeful....

He is a S*** coach, lets be honest....the facts don't lie....most of our list is in it's prime 23-28yo..

SainterX
Club Player

Awww what a shame Ross isnt coaching Hawthorn then? I am sure his gameplan would go down well over there hey.

If Ross really believed what you say then why did he go and recruit King, Gardiner, Schneider and Dempster?

You sound just like Greg Westaway who is seemingly accepting of our current form, thus his 10 year endorsement of RL.

I somehow doubt that playing another coaches gameplan would result in the on field style we are now canvassing. Do you believe that someone like Mark Thompson would have secured us a worse performance then we currently put out?
Ross Lyon has no idea, and putting Roo up the ground is simply copying what Plough does with Richo now.
Where are his new ideas? He walked in to this club expecting to be the final link in our premiership quest and just like Mark Harvey when the pressure is on he is made of ice.
Easy for Mark Harvey to be an assistant when Kevin Sheedy is head, and easy for RL to assist when Roos is coach at Sydney.

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

BigMart = SPOT ON

Core of list in PRIME

Coach / Selection Panel = Same old same old at selection AND during the game

When he mixed it up he had a class outfit on te ropes for 20 minutes until they adjusted which is when he needed to change the game up AGAIN.

Seriously they have NO IDEA.

Now players dont know if we are arthur or martha ... to run forward or run with ... no confidence at all.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
congorozides
Club Player

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:
congorozides wrote:

2nd oldest list u say?

Considering Ross has been at the club for 2 years this wouldn't be his fault now would it?

re list age - i just meant when ross came on the expectation was we were not in a rebuilding phase but trying to take the "final step".

now maybe the issue is expectations and not ross's fault. but why im confused is if we were in a re-building phase - he still plays duds and not kids. EVEN if he considers us at a mature stage he has clearly not done a good job with this list. and list age implies we dont have 5 years to adapt a new game plan..

so either
a) RL thinks this list can win a premiership and they are playing poorly ; or
b) he doesnt think this list is any good but for some weird reason wont blood any players.

so which is it?
Last edited by congorozides on Sat 14 Jun 2008 10:53pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kate
Club Player

Spot on SainterX.

Lyon has had plenty of time to get a feel for the game, and I think that what we see is all we are going to get. One dimensional, unimaginative coaching........10 years? I don't think so.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gotta Feel Sorry For Ross

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:

no it is not a 'fact' - it is the opinion of a advertised Lyon supporter
"100 percent behind Ross Lyon 100 percent of the time"

2006 - same wins as 2005 with worst injuries in afl - lost to dees due to injuries in game.

Why post your opinions as 'fact'

2005 ladder
4 St Kilda 22 14 0 8 2407 1806 133.28% 56
2006 ladder
6 St Kilda 22 14 0 8 2074 1752 118.38% 56
Last edited by desertsaint on Sun 15 Jun 2008 12:50am, edited 1 time in total.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
bergsone
SS Life Member

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:Ross inherited a team on the slide with no quality kids coming thru and a small group of core elite players and nothing else to work with.

face it he has brough NOTHING to this club ,what happened to the great tactian we were were getting ,as for no quality kids i saw one today at scorps ,sorry i forgot he had been dropped ,must had been SOFT

congorozides
Club Player

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:Ross inherited a team on the slide with no quality kids coming thru and a small group of core elite players and nothing else to work with.

so why hasnt he behaved like that and blooded kids? he has focussed on top up players and mature duds which implies he has believed we were a chance for 18 months. Now we are in no-mans land after his 2 years at the helm. can he give me 2 years of footy back please?
Last edited by congorozides on Sat 14 Jun 2008 10:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

I dont' feel sorry for Ross at all, I feel sorry for the players that have to play under him.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Geez theres some tw!ts around....I mean one so called footy guru on here suggesting cause the media overrated us that the list must be good? FFS.....and this guy reckons he "knows his footy"? :lol:

THE FACTS are we have SOME elite players in our core in the age bracket of 24 - 28. Not as many as people think.

The GAP between this "core" and our next best is to large. As Eade pointed out for the Dogs...they had a problem over the last few years where the gap between their ageing stars and what was coming through was to great. His focus over the last 3 yrs?- DEVELOP kids (look at the next step Cooney has taken? Morris? Cross?) they no LONGER rely on Scott West - St Kilda still rely on R Harvey...why? the cupboards bare thats why (yeah theres "Armo" BUT what else?????????)

On top of this our ageing stars have...dare I say...aged.....Hamill - GAWN, Gehrig - GAWN, Harvs - depleted, Thompsons, Powells, Pecketts and you may soon add Hudgton to this list.

Face facts some of you clowns the "mix" is simply not there.

Blame Lyon and game plans all you like - ofcourse, that the "easy" St Kilda way......but make sure you look back OBJECTIVELY over the last 4 years and check out whats "really" been developed to support the "stars" in Riewoldt, Dals, Hayes and Co - SQUAT.

“Yeah….nah””
SainterX
Club Player

Teflon, maybe you should follow your own advice and be OBJECTIVE also.

Everyone is to blame. the coach included. The coach looks bad if the players don't perform and the players look bad if the coach doesn't get in the game.

However the players have never come out and shirked responsibility for our current position, but when has Ross ever come out and say that it may be a little his fault also?

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
congorozides
Club Player

so honestly - how long do you give him ?

my gripe is if our list so crap like u said - why have we wasted 2 years not beginning a re-build???

surely if ross believed the list was crap he should started a rebuild already ?

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

and ross addressed this by a collection of top players that helped how?

our list is filled with detritus that Ross added which contribute nothing but GOPs.

"but we got them for nothing"

yeah and guys like king, gardiner M, Gardiner C, demspter, doc, have brought us no closer and king, gardiner and doc will be lucky to play 100 games between them.
Last edited by Dan Warna on Sat 14 Jun 2008 11:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
JeffDunne

Ross Lyon attending school.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Clownshey
Teflon wrote:Geez theres some tw!ts around....I mean one so called footy guru on here suggesting cause the media overrated us that the list must be good? FFS.....and this guy reckons he "knows his footy"? :lol:

THE FACTS are we have SOME elite players in our core in the age bracket of 24 - 28. Not as many as people think.

The GAP between this "core" and our next best is to large. As Eade pointed out for the Dogs...they had a problem over the last few years where the gap between their ageing stars and what was coming through was to great. His focus over the last 3 yrs?- DEVELOP kids (look at the next step Cooney has taken? Morris? Cross?) they no LONGER rely on Scott West - St Kilda still rely on R Harvey...why? the cupboards bare thats why (yeah theres "Armo" BUT what else?????????)

On top of this our ageing stars have...dare I say...aged.....Hamill - GAWN, Gehrig - GAWN, Harvs - depleted, Thompsons, Powells, Pecketts and you may soon add Hudgton to this list.

Face facts some of you clowns the "mix" is simply not there.

Blame Lyon and game plans all you like - ofcourse, that the "easy" St Kilda way......but make sure you look back OBJECTIVELY over the last 4 years and check out whats "really" been developed to support the "stars" in Riewoldt, Dals, Hayes and Co - SQUAT.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

congorozides wrote:

so honestly - how long do you give him ?

my gripe is if our list so crap like u said - why have we wasted 2 years not beginning a re-build???

surely if ross believed the list was crap he should started a rebuild already ?
Who says he hasnt????

He moved what 5 players on last year?

Recruited Armos, Geary, Eddy (rookie).

Got (and everyone was loving it at the time) 23yrold Premiership players in Sneider/Dempster?(who havent delivered....so thats the game plans fault... :roll: )

Recruited McEvoy to START FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 5 YRS development of a true ruck option?

AND has AT LEAST attempted to begin to find out (agains after 5 yrs) IF players like Gwilt/Ferguson can play FFS????

Your all "game planned" out...have a bex...

“Yeah….nah””
matrix
Saintsational Legend