put a fork in us ..... we're DONE

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

put a fork in us ..... we're DONE

i know im as cut as everyone else we yet again put in a average dull half assed effort tonight but honestly who tipped us to win ? who honestly thought befor the bound "yep we are a chance here ? "

i know i didnt ! honestly this year we have not looked like doing anything , i sit and i watch every game televised here in perth and im waiting aimlessly for something to just click and our team to pull it together and collectivly say "s*** that right thats how we are ment to play"
most will know when it comes to our coach i was at first shocked by the GT sacking and then relived i was also happy with the RL appointment and have strongly supported his need for time to get this team playing his plan but honestly its getting to the point where im wondering are we going to be waiting forever for this mirricul to happen ? sacking RL will achive nothing it will only make us the laffing stock again and put the team another 4 years behind . we have taken the RL path and i think we should follow it through but at the same time i must admit for the first time our window is closed another generation of saints wasted .

im fairly bummed tonight i didnt think we would win but it still sucks losing and with the purple nextweek and the roos the week after im thinking we may be waiting a few weeks for our next win :cry:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
degruch
Saintsational Legend

I think we're already forked.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Don't worry, things can only get worse.

esaint66
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:I think we're already forked.

Were forked and f**ked.

rixxo
Club Player

Yeah things will gt alot worse i reakon shank the rst of the season and see what we pickup in the draft . The season is gone and like the coach should be forgotten.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Posted: Fri 13 Jun 2008 3:25pm Post subject: Re: Remember This Thread

(insert poster here) wrote:
"After we beat the swans Saturday night i want u all to come back here and apologise to Ross Lyon for bagging him all week.

We will win Saturday and we'll be back on track.

(insert simplistic & tribalistic, but honorable signature here).

Saints back on the winners list this week.

U heard it here 1st."

the thread has gone incognito...

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
esaint66
SS Life Member

desertsaint wrote:Posted: Fri 13 Jun 2008 3:25pm Post subject: Re: Remember This Thread

(insert poster here) wrote:
"After we beat the swans Saturday night i want u all to come back here and apologise to Ross Lyon for bagging him all week.

We will win Saturday and we'll be back on track.

(insert simplistic & tribalistic, but honorable signature here).

Saints back on the winners list this week.

U heard it here 1st."

the thread has gone incognito...

I read this thread earlier today and while i respect this poster's enthusiasm and rose coloured out look, i cant share it and i didnt expect the thread to be running hot with posts whenn i got back after the game.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

funny... the thread seems to have disappeared....

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

it was apparently a useless, pathetic thread anyway...

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

We are as Luke Van Rheenen (A South African) would put it, forked.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Sorry to say this, but I'm feeling exactly the same as you st_Trav_ofWA! Something has to give....I don't want to say it...it pains me to..but goddamnit it must be Ross Lyon???

I just couldn't put a finger on what exactly went wrong tonight. Our players seemed to put in the hard yards but something more was amiss??? It has to be our game plan....surely?????? How can we go to being a competitive side to this rabble?? Had the Swans converted just some of their behinds we would have looked non-existent out there!!! *shakes head*

You gotta feel sorry for the players who put in 100%..they MUST REALLY be hurting! :(

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
4ever_saint
Club Player

its funny, for years we all, myself included, bagged grant thomas and called for his head, even though we were doing well. we all got our wish...a new coach and he has turned out more hopeless than gt himself.

i think there is a time to stop blaming the coach for our problems and start looking at the work ethic and enthusiasm behind the players. they don't seem to have a whole lot of belief in themselves- hence we see never our see our time do as carlton did last week and stage an impressive and spirited comeback.

i know the coach is almost completely to blame for this problem, but during the week break our team needs to sort its head out...find that enthusiasm we had in 2004 where we were basically unstoppable and had that undeniable belief in ourselves. otherwise, no matter how much the coaching improves, we will never look dangerous.