Genuine Pace

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

congorozides wrote:i mean someone that accelerate away from a pack/contest/stoppage and makes something from nothing and who never gets run down from behind...
does sound a bit like harvey

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
congorozides
Club Player

Re: Genuine Pace

Cairnsman wrote:
congorozides wrote:Can someone name 1 person on our entire list with genuine pace? Just 1? who is the quickest at the club? probably still fraser.

and i mean genuine pace. dont go giving me the names of the usual plodders (for the record raph and fiora are NOT fast)

For example Andrew Lovett/Kane Tenace (Wojinski)/Tadgh Keneally are actually fast.
The term 'genuine pace' always intrigues me. It is a subjective term. The only way you can objectively assess who is the quickest is by measuring.
yeah unless you time them like in draft camp - its not always easy to tell - thats why i was asking people on the forum who might know form club training etc.

but as an ex sprinter myself i have an eye for having a rough guess how quick people are... and noone from the saints looks fast at all watching from the stands.. thats what i asked the question. there are some instances where some guys can be really quick but not know how to use their pace in a game situation because there are other factors - reading the play and timing that come into play -

but being run down from behind is usually a sign you are not Usain Bolt.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

it pace with a combination of foot skills to match we need. Fair dinkum we miss too many targets and alot of our players don't look up when they kick it. It goes to an uncontested oppostion player way too often.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM