Robert Walls

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

NoMore
Club Player

Robert Walls

Does anyone else find it funny watching, listening or reading anything done by this idiot.

He has to try so hard not to mention ST Kilda because he knows that he got it wrong and knows we are just waiting for him to slip up so we can lynch him.

The best thing that could ever happen is if him and RL were in a mysterious accident while making love after counting there money they ripped off from the saints

Behind Play
Club Player

I find it odd that no journalist, to my knowledge, has questioned him on his reccomendation.

NoMore
Club Player

they all look after there mates

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

A journalist with some guts needs to start slaying Robert Walls and his woeful, amatuerish, terrible choice for a coach.

Atrocious, abysmal, sad and pathetic.

The lack of foresight is the most disturbing. To not realise the stkilda list was in decline was clearly retardation from Robert Walls. To believe that we needed to a "top up" coach with tactical nous is retarded. He's supposed to be an expert and such a fundamental junior stuff up is not to be expected.

I'm amazed and baffled.

Retarded of the highest order!

NoMore
Club Player

great spray there brown.

Luved it

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

I don't suppose any of you tools remember the coach was appointed by a committee of several board members as well as external parties, of which Walls was only one? And that a process was devised and implemented by the committee as a whole? And their collective choice was Ross Lyon?

They may or may not have made the wrong choice, but nonetheless the choice was made by the committee, not Robert Walls. AFAIK he's not running the St Kilda Football Club.

NoMore
Club Player

Yes but we all know he was selected on his glowing reccomendation

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:Yes but we all know he was selected on his glowing reccomendation
Do we?????? we ALL know????? every one of us??

Must have been very crowded meeting room :roll:

As St DAC said, feel free to have your own opinions on RL, but making a massive generalisation like that just cheapens your arguments

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
gooner
Club Player

brown-coat wrote:
The lack of foresight is the most disturbing. To not realise the stkilda list was in decline was clearly retardation from Robert Walls. To believe that we needed to a "top up" coach with tactical nous is retarded. He's supposed to be an expert and such a fundamental junior stuff up is not to be expected.
I challenge you to name me anyone who really thought our list was in decline.
At the time this was the plum job in AFL, a new coach with a gun young list.
Yes we can now see the cracks but hindsight is 20/20.

And if we were a list in decline who's fault was that?

"The humble improve" Wynton Marsalis
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

sheeds gets stuck into walls all the time.

I don't think sheeds has much respect for walls at all.

probably marginally behind lethal as one of the best coaches of the modern era, but still folks respect sheeds a lot more than they do walls.

Walls commentates, sheeds innovates.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

gooner wrote:
brown-coat wrote:
I challenge you to name me anyone who really thought our list was in decline.
At the time this was the plum job in AFL, a new coach with a gun young list.
Yes we can now see the cracks but hindsight is 20/20.

And if we were a list in decline who's fault was that?
brown-coat believed the list was in decline. Too many people looked at certain names and hyped our list up the to the shisenhausen. It created the false sense of belief that all needed was a ruckman who can win tapouts and a tactically smarter coach.

This will go down in history as one of stkildas sadder moments.

It's all over now. Years of misery are ahead because of a failure to realise the team was going down.

There is a foul stench rising from stkilda at the moment. An extreme sense of wrong permeating every crevice.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:I don't suppose any of you tools remember the coach was appointed by a committee of several board members as well as external parties, of which Walls was only one? And that a process was devised and implemented by the committee as a whole? And their collective choice was Ross Lyon?

They may or may not have made the wrong choice, but nonetheless the choice was made by the committee, not Robert Walls. AFAIK he's not running the St Kilda Football Club.
Well said. I was going to type the exact same thing.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Robert Walls - the ultimate Carlton troll!

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

brown-coat wrote:There is a foul stench rising from stkilda at the
moment. An extreme sense of wrong permeating every crevice.
No wonder your coat is brown. You are full of it ... foul stench indeed! :roll:

We are out of form. Badly. All of the on field team, coaching staff and players, need to lift. We (and many others) may have over-rated our list. On the past 2 years form, we are about at the same performance level. We finished 8th, 9th and are currently 10th. Perhaps that is where we should be, based on our personnel.

A couple of good wins would lift morale for everyone, club and supporters alike. Hopefully we start that on Friday night. But tone down the negativity a bit, willya? The season ain't dead yet.

gooner
Club Player

brown-coat wrote:[

brown-coat believed the list was in decline. .
So browncoat talks about himself in the third person does he ? Hmm. Interesting.

"The humble improve" Wynton Marsalis
Behind Play
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:
St DAC wrote:I don't suppose any of you tools remember the coach was appointed by a committee of several board members as well as external parties, of which Walls was only one? And that a process was devised and implemented by the committee as a whole? And their collective choice was Ross Lyon?

Well said. I was going to type the exact same thing.
I don't have a problem with RL however, there are a number of questions being asked by supporters and journalists on his style, game plan and passion for the club. It was also publicised that RW asked him to apply for the job, as he had no intensions in doing so. I would like to hear what RW saw in him and what he feels about some of the suggestions which are being band around.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Walls is available on 3AW talk back. Ring him and ask your questions.

Behind Play
Club Player

St DAC wrote:Walls is available on 3AW talk back. Ring him and ask your questions.
Thanks....your are very intelligent person.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

walls is an imbecile, although our football department are even worse for letting him decide our coach... HOW DID WE LET THIS HAPPEN? :oops:

NoMore
Club Player

I have heard people ask him these questions on 3AW and he goes silent

He knows we see through all his sh!t

suss
Club Player

I have dementia because I was most definately under the impression that:

a) A full panel was selected to make the appointment of RL - not Robert Walls alone.

b) RW was also on the panel that selected Rodney Eade for the dogs and several other coaching appointments.

c) RW was a premiership winning coach and player. Clearly he wasn't and these facts are just made up in order to make him sound more important.

d) The last "process" was as transperent as mud.

Having said that, I don't want these facts to get in the way of your immature, ill conceived, negative and short sighted garbage. As you were. :roll:

santazzi
Club Player

NoMore wrote:Yes but we all know he was selected on his glowing reccomendation
If that is the case, it does not say much about the quality of the other committee members!!!!!

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Larry, Moe, Curly and Robert Walls was the selection commitee.

End of discussion.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

""the Swans can't possibly win the AFL Premiership with Paul Roos' style of coaching""
Robert Walls 2005

(was this lyon?)

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
St_Cave
Club Player

RW was a premiership winning coach and player. Clearly he wasn't and these facts are just made up in order to make him sound more important.
Robert Walls may have been a premiership coach but he also destroyed great teams (the very reason he kept being sacked from half the clubs in the AFL)? Walls may have been a great player, but you could write what he knows about coaching on the back of a postage stamp. (IMHO) i may be wrong i suppose we will get a chance to see if RL gets the chance to stay on next year.

I think you are also neglecting to mention that Rodney Eade was already a relatively succsesful proven coach before the choice was made.