R-A-B-B-L-E

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintgus
Club Player

R-A-B-B-L-E

The dropping of Dal Santo is an absolute rabble. Pisstake.

Nothing else needs to be said.

Saints for the flag 2010
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

lol @ this tool.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

It's past 8:30...you know you shouldn't be up after the grown up TV starts.

ratismeat
Club Player

Settle, he'll be back and better. :lol:

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

ratismeat wrote:Settle, he'll be back and better. :lol:
Playing for the Bombers

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
Playing for the Bombers
If so, so be it. We might get a good trade from him.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Shame we can't trade you Joffaboy. A straight swap with Joffa from the woodsmen would be brilliant

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
meher baba wrote:
Playing for the Bombers
If so, so be it. We might get a good trade from him.

I'm with you Joffaboy

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

yeah, we MIGHT get a good player for one of the best players in the comp, let alone our team...

:roll:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
Playing for the Bombers
if the case just backs up the decision

Dal a lazy unaccountable footballer who chooses when to man up etc...

he saw it coming did not work hard enough now getting what is due.

if spits it poor :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

saint4life
chook23
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:yeah, we MIGHT get a good player for one of the best players in the comp, let alone our team...

a good player who pays no respect to his opponent.

saint4life
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
The_Dud wrote:yeah, we MIGHT get a good player for one of the best players in the comp, let alone our team...

a good player who pays no respect to his opponent.
What about a goalkicker that cant kick goals.....

SainterX
Club Player

Wouldnt matter who we trade Dal for, unless it happened to be a negative tagger, because RL will bring down anyone flamboyant with his monotone, inspirationless ways.

Who does Essendon have that would be worth Dal anyway?

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

RL might offer him up for half a cup luke warm twinnings....
seeing as he has no friggin idea about anything it seems.

i reckon that she'll be on tomorrow night...by that i mean i think there could be a bit of argie bargie, bit of niggle and rough housing.

bring it the f*** on i say...
if douche bag wants to send a message to players u might as well let harvey send one too.
ross called us soft the other week....and i reckon we might find out who is soft this week...
ohh, thats right we'vce dropped all the soft ones who dont work hard enough :? ..silly me, i forgot :oops: :roll:

SainterX
Club Player

Yep, apparently Armo was soft too, but one week in the VFL made him hard again :wink:

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Are you serious? 'One of the best players in the comp'?

He might be one of the most skillful, but he's not one of the best players in the comp. He's rarely the best player for St Kilda!

I reckon I could name a full team of midfield players I'd have in the AFL before I would choose Dal.

1. G Ablett
2. Judd
3. Hodge
4. Hayes
5. Goodes
6. Kerr
7. Black
8. S Thompson
9. Goodwin
10. Kirk
11. Thomas
12. Chapman
13. Bartel
14. Corey
15. McVeigh
16. Cooney
17. Akermanis
18. Foley
19. S Burgoyne
20. K Cornes

There's 20 midfielders I would choose ahead of Dal Santo for influence on a game.

He's not in the best 20 midfielders, let alone adding in the Franklins, Browns and Scarletts of the AFL.

The thing with Dal Santo though is that he could be.....and this could be the huge wake up call he needs.

For if he doesn't, then yes he along with another I have in the gun, should be tradeable commodities.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

nice hatchet job on Dal Santo, completely unfounded though chook.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

I don't think anyone ranks Dal Santo in the top 20 midfielders. We only have one in that category now, and it's Hayes. I also think that Jumping to the conclusion that we should trade Dal Santo is nonsense.

How about we see it for what it is - a very talented player who has let the team things slip out of his game and is being given a bit of a wake up call. It's been done before at our club and others and it will be done again. It's often said that when teams are playing poorly that players start to go into self preservation mode, worried more about getting a kick because their confidence is low. This is where Dal Santo is at, at the moment. there have been periods when he has tackled and chased well, particularly in 2006. Since then, he has been very heavily tagged and his confidence has suffered, and where he is at the moment is a product of the heavy tags and subsequent drop in confidence.

I actually have faith in the guy to get back to his best and to do the team things. I also don't think he's soft in relation to the physical contest. The issues are about manning up and chasing, and I think these can be remedied.

By the way, how many tackles has Robert Harvey laid in his career? What defensive game did he have during his early to late twenties? The answer is NONE. Yet, we didn't trade him, and you'd have to say he's been a pretty fair player for us.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I'm glad people are not comparing Dal to Ian Stewart any more as they were in 2004..Stewart had all of Dal's skills but got the hard ball as well..thats the difference between an elite midfielder and a servicable player.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:I don't think anyone ranks Dal Santo in the top 20 midfielders. We only have one in that category now, and it's Hayes. I also think that Jumping to the conclusion that we should trade Dal Santo is nonsense.

How about we see it for what it is - a very talented player who has let the team things slip out of his game and is being given a bit of a wake up call. It's been done before at our club and others and it will be done again. It's often said that when teams are playing poorly that players start to go into self preservation mode, worried more about getting a kick because their confidence is low. This is where Dal Santo is at, at the moment. there have been periods when he has tackled and chased well, particularly in 2006. Since then, he has been very heavily tagged and his confidence has suffered, and where he is at the moment is a product of the heavy tags and subsequent drop in confidence.

I actually have faith in the guy to get back to his best and to do the team things. I also don't think he's soft in relation to the physical contest. The issues are about manning up and chasing, and I think these can be remedied.

By the way, how many tackles has Robert Harvey laid in his career? What defensive game did he have during his early to late twenties? The answer is NONE. Yet, we didn't trade him, and you'd have to say he's been a pretty fair player for us.
Fair call. Good post.

I hope he does turn the corner and regain that confidence then, because he shouldn't settle for just being a 'good' player when he has the ability to be an 'elite' player.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:nice hatchet job on Dal Santo, completely unfounded though chook.
I don't think it is unfounded Dan from my observations at games.

saint4life
degruch
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:I don't think anyone ranks Dal Santo in the top 20 midfielders. We only have one in that category now, and it's Hayes. I also think that Jumping to the conclusion that we should trade Dal Santo is nonsense.

Great post...spot on. I don't think anyone with their head screwed on is seriously suggesting Dal's dropping had anything to do with tackles alone...plus his stats look OK, including a lot of cheap possessions. He has a generally low work ethic at present, and it's obvious to almost everyone. I think the 'break' from high pressure tags and constant scrutiny will do Dal the world of good...if he's a great as we all believed, he'll bounce back better than ever.