Dal Santo DROPPED!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: You really are an idiot.
Thanks for the well thought out imput :roll:

You think anyone with any sense could care less about this site?

lol.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

lol.
It was a joke. You should know what jokes are howdy doody. You seem like such a jokster.

battye
Saintsational Legend

Seeing we're dropping our stars, why don't we leave out Riewoldt too. Drop Hayes as well for good measure.

God our coach is useless :roll:

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

God, I hope Dal's on the Footy Show tonight.

I would love to see him squirm.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Stupid move by a desperate coach. Only 32 more games to go.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
saintboy
Club Player

i am just completely lost as to why we would drop him?? i know he has'nt been in the greatest form but he has still been very good. if he does'nt play tomorrow nite i will be one angry boy :x i can't see anything good coming out of this at all. we really need to win this game otherwise our shot at the top 8 will pretty much be out the window and not playing one of the best players we have just to make some sort of statement is a f@#?ing JOKE!!!

OH WHEN THE SAINTS!!!!!
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:We may lose this game because of who we have dropped, but the saints have been playing like sooky lah lah indulged only children and they deserve a good shake up. WE may in time look back at this match as the start of the saints comeback and rebuilding of the attitude needed to suuceed in AFL footy.
It will be remembered if we lose this game as the saintsational board will explode.
Why? We have lost 7 with Dal Santo in the team. We are a poor team with or without Dal Santo.

Who cares about a bunch of instant gratification 15 y.o. who think they know everything about football.

This fanboi site means SFA to anyone.
You really are an idiot.
And, seconded !!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :twisted: :roll:

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

lol.
It was a joke. You should know what jokes are howdy doody. You seem like such a jokster.
We are a joke.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Great wake up for both of them!!!

A lot more to this than just stats... Obvioulsy Dal Santo has not been following the 'party line' and running around getting cheap stats - which he does by the way! He plus Milne are two of several SAINTS who dont perform consisitently...

Dropping them and rewarding the kids is the most positive thing LYON has done since he has been at the club...LYON has finally started thinking like a real coach and given the team a wake up call!

Great wake up for both of them and the rest of the team!!!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

again, get a clue

check the hard ball gets and contested possessions, and see how many of those "cheap" stats Dal has

:roll:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
twirlyhair
Club Player

vacuous space wrote:Stupid move by a desperate coach. Only 32 more games to go.
Dal was dropped because he wouldnt/couldnt defend for his coach..Milne same....deserved to be dropped. Have you played any footy?

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

I was on early. After 30 years supporting this club, I stated after the dullbogs game that I thought our coach should be sacked. That for me was a first.

After today I believe there may be life in his corpse. Ballsy decision and about time.

And as for the screaming hero worshippers on here, good christ !!!!! And I thought Adam Goodes was a protected species. What has Dal got to do in your opinion before he gets dropped? Bring a banana lounge onto the ground and lay on it during the game reading a f***n newspaper !!!

Open your eyes people - the guy spectates when we don't have the pill and has been getting worse. Our most skilled player had 59% efficiency last week !! They have been trying to work on the defensive side of his game since he came to the club.

Yes he is better than a raft of other players we have, but the likes of Blake etc leave it all on the ground, every week. Until we can get better players I'll settle for guys that give everything they have every week.

I don't give a shyte how good Dal's hair looks or how brilliant he can be, I give a shyte that he is cruising and has been for a good portion of this season, while guys like Lenny, Bally and Max are nearly killing themselves every week. Extract trhe digit Dal and show everyone what you're really capable of.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Excellent post True Believer.

Dal Santo will get the kick in the arse he needs and will bounce back and show us all what he can be.

We bemoan the lost opportunity with Raph Clarke (and X to a certain extent). All that skill going to wastes in sub standard performances. Well Dal has more talent than both Clarkes combined but the Dal doll worshippers want him to just let his creer go down the frigging toilet :roll:

FFS the guy could be just as good as the elite mids in the comp. He needs to play to his potential and when he does he will leave all the other mids at the club for dead.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
ratismeat
Club Player

Everyone just chill and cut out the sooking. Dal will be back, he's a champ. RL will work out or he'll get the sack. There's no way he'll get the sack until the end of his contract so we've got at least another year ... SO CHILL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

happy feet
Club Player

good call by the coach

Dal was bloody pathetic last week. Milne was hopeless. It is about time we palyed some youngsters. The question will be is just how deep they will cut into the list at the end of the year. I could see 10 - 15 gone on current form.

Sport can be exhilarating. It can be cruel and unfair. But there is no surer saying than that you are only as good as your last performance.

A question for the faithful......

Can you see us winning a premiership with this list? If the answer is no, well you know what has to happen.

markp
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:I was on early. After 30 years supporting this club, I stated after the dullbogs game that I thought our coach should be sacked. That for me was a first.

After today I believe there may be life in his corpse. Ballsy decision and about time.

And as for the screaming hero worshippers on here, good christ !!!!! And I thought Adam Goodes was a protected species. What has Dal got to do in your opinion before he gets dropped? Bring a banana lounge onto the ground and lay on it during the game reading a f***n newspaper !!!

Open your eyes people - the guy spectates when we don't have the pill and has been getting worse. Our most skilled player had 59% efficiency last week !! They have been trying to work on the defensive side of his game since he came to the club.

Yes he is better than a raft of other players we have, but the likes of Blake etc leave it all on the ground, every week. Until we can get better players I'll settle for guys that give everything they have every week.

I don't give a shyte how good Dal's hair looks or how brilliant he can be, I give a shyte that he is cruising and has been for a good portion of this season, while guys like Lenny, Bally and Max are nearly killing themselves every week. Extract trhe digit Dal and show everyone what you're really capable of.
Spot on.... well said.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: good call by the coach

happy feet wrote:
Can you see us winning a premiership with this list? If the answer is no, well you know what has to happen.

i could, before Ross got his hands on them

and cutting 10-15 players? get your hand off it :roll:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Re: Great wake up for both of them!!!

WinnersOnly wrote:A lot more to this than just stats... Obvioulsy Dal Santo has not been following the 'party line' and running around getting cheap stats - which he does by the way! He plus Milne are two of several SAINTS who dont perform consisitently...

Dropping them and rewarding the kids is the most positive thing LYON has done since he has been at the club...LYON has finally started thinking like a real coach and given the team a wake up call!

yep 3rd on hard ball gets, 4th on tackles certainly a soft player, i wonder why the 18 behind him got selected again...

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Re: Great wake up for both of them!!!

WinnersOnly wrote:A lot more to this than just stats... Obvioulsy Dal Santo has not been following the 'party line' and running around getting cheap stats - which he does by the way! He plus Milne are two of several SAINTS who dont perform consisitently...

yeah damn him for not zoning, and going in and trying to get the hard ball, clearly wasn't following instructions when kicking the ball FORWARDS, not BACKWARDS, and instead of zoning off and coralling his man, dal santo has been going in and tackling his opponent.

when will Dal Santo stop these selfish actions of tackling, kicking forward and his biggest crime is going in and sheperding for ball, he should let ball get cleaned up and fine a zone near his man, instead of protecting his team mate.

ITS A TEAM GAME DAL, FOLLOW THE TEAM RULES.

dal, lenny and ball are among the few at st kilda that actually have enough nous to protect each other because god knows clint is facing the wrong direction, and schneider is sheep dogging for a cheap kick.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
SainterX
Club Player

Is it possible that several players have been showing discontent with Ross Lyon and Dal just happened to be the one to be made an example of?

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

god...ive seriously read tooooooooo much stuff on dal santo today, it started around lunch (?).

i would have approached it diff.
wouldve told him he was playing on someone like palmer (or a decent ball winner anyway) and told dal to limit them to 10-12 touches...if he aint chasing hard enough then that will get him chasing.

as clear are the stats are for dal, its obviously not good enough, and he has payed the price.

the coach has no idea, the same people are here 100% agreeing with every decision he makes no matter what it is.......and we are rooted in the 10th spot (or thereabouts) till after 2012 when the next two teams are up and running and the draft might return to normal.

ive had the text messages from all the crows fans already....
"tanking already are we?"
be real!... the coast and melb are gonna tank, and are a lot lower than we are on the ladder, so who's gonna reach the bottom first?? :roll:
dumb ass crows fans :roll:

milne i have no argument with, tough decision but u get that...
but dal?

oh well.....at least the game should be interesting tomorrow.
i take every fri nite game off work and dont listen to any live scores as we dont get it on telly till 8.30
she'll be on i reckon....and i wish we had someone liked Sammy around tomorrow night...to front up with a bit of agro.

RL......u are the tool of the week.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

What odds Lyon gets cold feet and plays him tonight?
Don't agree with the decision but it would make it worse to backtrack.
We'll see.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "