Where are the usual suspects?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

really? :roll:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I can't see how anyone could not be pleased with last nights win.

We won against the odds.

We won without many of our best players...and we won witha team half ful of raw inexperieneced players.

We won with Lenny Hayes only playing the first quarter.

On paper we clearly had the worst team.......and the bookmakers odds reflected this....as did comments from the various "media experts".

But we won...and we won through the factors that we had been lacking in:

* team spirtit
* workrate
* application

We won through the areas that the coach this week made a statement in....and that is probably the reason why some wanted to grumble rather than enjoy the win.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Good: We played some kids - a true miracle - and picked up four points.

Bad: We're still rubbish. Our skill level is not good enough to compete at this level.
The really good. We had 3 debutants and won an AFL footy match.

We also had aguably won of the better midfielders in the comp go down early and won.

Our spirtitual captain played won of his best games and clearly loves the jumper, and we won.

Clearly the message is getting through to the players that RL is in charge and we won.

Clearly our enthusiasm and energy was better last night and we won.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Im here but I think I lost even more friends last night.
you call those jaywalkers you harrass friends?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:I can't see how anyone could not be pleased with last nights win.

We won against the odds.

We won without many of our best players...and we won witha team half ful of raw inexperieneced players.

We won with Lenny Hayes only playing the first quarter.

On paper we clearly had the worst team.......and the bookmakers odds reflected this....as did comments from the various "media experts".

But we won...and we won through the factors that we had been lacking in:

* team spirtit
* workrate
* application

We won through the areas that the coach this week made a statement in....and that is probably the reason why some wanted to grumble rather than enjoy the win.
I second everthing you say SR. I will never forget the fact our coach had to publicly announce our players were lacking enthusiasm and energy.

I was discusted in our players the minute RL made that comment last week. I mean who the hell thinks they are better than the team and club. You can bang on all you like about skills, game plans, which coach you prefer but thing that should never happen when playing in a Saints jumper is to lack enthusiasm and energy.

A lack of respect by the players for who is in charge of the club and team should be non existent. It is a core quality that all sucsessful clubs need.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

wheres Dan ?

He only comes out after a loss.....like Kenny...

“Yeah….nah””
St.Kenny
Club Player

Oh lordy lordy lordy.

How can I not be as excited as a pig in S*%T?

We've just battled as if our lives were at stake on our home ground to only just shrug off a team which has won 1 game more than Melbourne this year. Thats right second bottom team. And you lot are having an orgasm.

Gee Tossaboy, Teflogger, Barks. What will you do if we beat a top 4 team? Jump of the f*%ng Eureka building. Not that that would be a bad thing for the level of intelligent conversation on this site. At least the 'flem' of this site would be removed from what still is a sore and snot filled sinus that is the St.KFC.

Get on your high horses fellas when we've got something to celebrate. Until then I'll think of you guys next time I reach for my snot filled hanky.

Adieu

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Where are the usual suspects?

joffaboy wrote:The pathetic brown stain and the even more pathetic St.Kunny?

Only turn up when we lose. Only turn up to dance on the grave of the Saints.

Where are these gutless so called supporters after a win?

On thats right, their pathetic world is only complete when they can be moross and can whinge about the club and a loss :roll:

Really shows the integrity and character of these non supporters.

I am sure these trolls will be back as soon as we lose to peddle their hate and vitriol.

Cabbages.
Phuket today. :D

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:wheres Dan ?

Hmmm, have noticed lately we haven't been winning much?? When do we come out? :lol:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:We won last night for no other reason than we worked harder than our opposition. And we did it for 4 quarters too.

Once Lenny went down we were grossly under-manned and we needed to keep the game low scoring. I have no problems at all with how we played last night because if we'd opened it up we would have lost.

One game hasn't changed my opinion on the coach but it was clearly his best game as a coach. He made the tough selection calls and got 22 players to play to a plan and we won. Can't ask for much more than that.
what I'm doing here has me beat(there is a beautiful beach waiting for me) but I can't help myself, I was rapt to see a win last night at any cost, but gee, there were a few times there we had the opurtunity to attack but played sideways, oppurtunites that I thought came with little risk and could have put the game beyond doubt in our favour.
His decisisions to play some of the younger ones is a good thing but he must start to take on a more attacking flavour.
The guts shown by our boys to tackle and do the hard stuff got us over the line (more so than game plan)but the skills at times were cringeworthy,
I liked seeing BJ in the middle......off to the beach..... 1 heineken/ 60 Baht :D

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Whil I can understand there not being an over the top excitement about beating Fremantle, the team deserves more credit than they'll likely get.

While at the end of the day it was an 8 point victory, Freo was luck to be that close. They got a couple of gimme's from the umps which looks bigger in a low scoring game, the Saints lost the no-brainer BOG after the 1st quarter... and but for the grace of the siren, it's a 14 point victory.

Finally, when the Saints set up their defensive flood, the opposition had no answer - other than Pavlich, and we can live with that.

The Saints really need to work on their rebound run... some of the choices and excecution of handballs was cringe-worthy, and it's easy to question how early in the game we pulled our forward line. I question how me maintain a pretence that out gameplan isn't defence first, second and third.

But that was a solid win. Not pretty, but solid. The right guys stood up.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

St.Kenny wrote:Oh lordy lordy lordy.

How can I not be as excited as a pig in S*%T?

We've just battled as if our lives were at stake on our home ground to only just shrug off a team which has won 1 game more than Melbourne this year. Thats right second bottom team. And you lot are having an orgasm.

Gee Tossaboy, Teflogger, Barks. What will you do if we beat a top 4 team? Jump of the f*%ng Eureka building. Not that that would be a bad thing for the level of intelligent conversation on this site. At least the 'flem' of this site would be removed from what still is a sore and snot filled sinus that is the St.KFC.

Get on your high horses fellas when we've got something to celebrate. Until then I'll think of you guys next time I reach for my snot filled hanky.

Adieu
On the turps again St.Kunny.

You stupid idiot troll.

Nobody got "excited" by the win. But so typical of you to try and diminish the win with your negative hatefilled vitriol and critisism.

You really need to get off the sauce and get back to AA.

Pfft a Scot thinking they know anything about football. Go back and watch that pansy soccer like the rest of your drunken pathetic psuedo pom breed.

No wonder the Romans built a wall to keep you lot of bogan unwashed savages out of England. Australia should have done the same and not imported substance abusing dole bludging sociopath thugs from the slums of Glasgow like you.

Now toddle off and wait for us to lose you sad sack ignoramous.

Have a nice week loser.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Go back and watch that pansy soccer like the rest of your drunken pathetic psuedo pom breed.
dont lump everyone in the same basket...

not all people of english background are drunken and/or pathetic. 8-)

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

the badly tuned engine is a good analogy.

all the pieces are their, but they don't seem to work together.

I have no doubt that guys like Ball, Hayes are super guns of the midfield, even Dal Santo and Montagna, and the third string of Gram, fiora, armitage and Birss, can be the core of an elite midfield.

But they aren't.

the run to the wrong place for the receive, the lead into opposition players, they turn around and take too long and are manned up, the make the conservative decision, the kick to packs.

the pieces are there, but the jigsaw has been put together wrongly.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:wheres Dan ?

That is BS teflon

I've been here for 10 years on all forms of this forum, whether folks agree with me or not, i've not hidden behind an alter ego or a avatar for the 10 year or so I've been on the forum for the highs and the lows.

I've been to the fun raisers, the social games, and involved with player sponsorships from the early days when the twins Ric and Hurricane started the ball rolling

Just because I don't see things the same as you, your call is way off.

SHUT UP KRIME!
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Gee, ok a win is a win, but christ almighty, its nothing that gets me going.

Same old insipid, uninspiring sdhoolboy stuff if you ask me. Yeah there are some positives as some have mentioned.

I enjoyed Harvs excellent game, Lenny's first quarter, um......um......a few others as well if I cared to remember that much.

But basically, the win proved NOT one iota of any sign things are going anywhere but to hell in handbag.

Foward line structure is non existant and general play f****** BORING.

No matter what happens, we must kick MORE goals, alot more. But maybe I should just listen to RLm he is after all a coach which I am obviously not. He thinks one needs to only kick 10-12 goals and we will win enough games to play finals. f***ed from the very beginning with this moronic idea.

Anyway, yeah woo hoo go saints, yeah.......who do we play next week? Meh, let me figure out if I can even be bothered.

Good luck, sincerely, to anyone of you that get ANY joy watching the terrible embarassing style we are serving up at the moment. I think as a paying fan I deserve better, and the acceptance and excuses for accepting mediocrity are a slur on this clubs culture, and have been for a very long time.

We need some sort of awakening!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
brown-coat wrote:I'm right here.

Go sainters! We beat freo!

Though not surprising. We always win the games we're expected to win and never pull anything truly impressive from the hat.
It was the end of the world, there was a stench about the club, all the players hated Lyon, he is destroying careers.

All this carryon with the dropping of Dal Santo.

You are a pathetic piece of negative dross. Must be terrible for you today because the Saints won.

You must be devestated :roll:
keep the vitriole in your pants. we beat freo in melbourne FFS. hardly a time to be claiming "i told u so" status

saints have serious flaws and they havent gone away because of yesterday.

most people here love the saints and bagging them constructively can be more productive than just saying they are all champs no matter what. saints have a lot of work to do to get out of this hole. make no bones about it.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Mon 23 Jun 2008 12:44pm, edited 1 time in total.

twirlyhair
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:The pathetic brown stain and the even more pathetic St.Kunny?

Only turn up when we lose. Only turn up to dance on the grave of the Saints.

Where are these gutless so called supporters after a win?

On thats right, their pathetic world is only complete when they can be moross and can whinge about the club and a loss :roll:

Really shows the integrity and character of these non supporters.

I am sure these trolls will be back as soon as we lose to peddle their hate and vitriol.

Cabbages.
I can see where you are coming from, and supporting your team is critical, but as paying members, we also have the right to be demanding of success. In fact if you look at all the great teams, from the bottom to the top, success is demanded and individuals must deliver. Sport is a ruthless business and only the ruthless succeed. For too many years, the players at the Saints have been worshipped whilst the club is put second...think Nicky Winmar holding us to ransom...think of the lack of discipline shown by plugger at times...all the while, Harvey Loewe and Burke bust a gut and are forced to put up with it. It was only when Geelong told Johnson where to go did the players decide to put themselves second, and the TEAM first. As supporters, and paying members, we have the right to demand the highest from our players.

Saints43
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote:No matter what happens, we must kick MORE goals, alot more. But maybe I should just listen to RLm he is after all a coach which I am obviously not. He thinks one needs to only kick 10-12 goals and we will win enough games to play finals.
My brother asked Nathan Burke about the way we played in the Victory Room after the game.

"We have a game plan that can beat the top teams"

Seriously.

Washedup
Club Player

Saints43 wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:No matter what happens, we must kick MORE goals, alot more. But maybe I should just listen to RLm he is after all a coach which I am obviously not. He thinks one needs to only kick 10-12 goals and we will win enough games to play finals.
My brother asked Nathan Burke about the way we played in the Victory Room after the game.

Seriously.
Are you saying Nathan Burke has NO idea?

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:

Seriously.
whats burke supposed to say? I have no faith in the coach? our game plan sucks?

Burke always toed the party line. even when there rumours of a rift between burke and GT he always supported the coach and the team and the club.

imagine the press if burke said "we are reviewing the game plan and the coaching position"

good on you burke a loyal champion of the club through some of the darkest times.

SHUT UP KRIME!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:

Seriously.
Why havent they used it yet then?

Saints43
Club Player

Washedup wrote:
Saints43 wrote:

Seriously.
Are you saying Nathan Burke has NO idea?
I am saying that Nathan Burke said "We have a game plan that can beat the top teams"

What are you saying?

Saints43
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:Burke always toed the party line. even when there rumours of a rift between burke and GT he always supported the coach and the team and the club.

imagine the press if burke said "we are reviewing the game plan and the coaching position"

good on you burke a loyal champion of the club through some of the darkest times.
Yep, good on him. Toes the line.

What's the line?

Assuming re: your post: If board members need to lie to members of 38 years to keep this club stable then we are f*****.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:Burke always toed the party line. even when there rumours of a rift between burke and GT he always supported the coach and the team and the club.

Yep, good on him. Toes the line.

What's the line?

Assuming re: your post: If board members need to lie to members of 38 years to keep this club stable then we are f*****.
what was he supposed to say? the club is in dissarray and the fans and players have no faith in the coach, so someone can come on a forum and say "Nathan Burke told me..."

Geez 20 seconds it would be in the herald sun and on SEN.

I may disagree with RL and his direction but burkey did EXACTLY the right thing.

Good on you burkey.

SHUT UP KRIME!