I DON'T WANT MILNE BACK IN THE SIDE

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Re: I DON'T WANT MILNE BACK IN THE SIDE

twirlyhair wrote:With the influx of enthusiastic youth, I'm pretty sure I don't want to see Milne come back into the side for quite a while if at all. I could just imagine him kicking a few goals for the scorps, comes back into the team next week against the roos in QLD and like previous form, particularly interstate, offering us nothing. Thoughts?
I know where you're coming from but I totally disagree.

I disagree to the fact that Milne has stepped up considerably in the tackling department and now does a hell of a lot more than he did last season in regards to chasing players down. There is a noticeable improvement in his attitude and game-play IMO

The other bit I disagree with you on is should Milne get snapped up (and he most certainly would) by another team, and they used him correctly, he'd be single-handedly burying us in games! Deadly, accurate and the sort of goal sneak who would be the cherry on the top of any slick forward line.

Just my opinion though, but lose Milne and you lose games! Who would step up and fill his shoes? Schneider?? I don't think so.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 4:33am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Milnes in our best 22.

To get back in it Milne needs to add more strings to his bow - namely FWD defensive pressure

“Yeah….nah””
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Milnes in our best 22.
Not according to GT..and now not according to Ross..i wonder , now that Ross has seen the light,does he see the same things GT saw

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Teflon wrote: Milnes in our best 22.
Not according to GT..and now not according to Ross..i wonder , now that Ross has seen the light,does he see the same things GT saw[/quote

Ross put him out for a game. GT wanted our current leading goal kicker delisted. MASSIVE difference

“Yeah….nah””
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Can't play interstate but that's OK ? I agree Milne can be exciting when he has a night out and yes he might average 2 goals a game but seriously are people really happy with him kicking 5 one game and doing nothing for the next 4 ?

If a midfielder was picking up 30 touches 1 game and 5 for the next 4 games he'd be gone. I know we need goals more than anything but this guy's like picking up chicks you might have bombed out the last 4 times but the anticipating that maybe this could be the night instills enthusiasm to try again come Saturday night.

Nothings ever going to change with him and if people are happy with him to let the side down for the majority of games doing stupid undisciplined things wasting opportunities for the cost of turning it on and having a night out kicking five exciting goals that's fine, but if he can't kick 1-2 goals a game and does it all in one game out of 5 i don't believe that's good enough and he's more of a liability.
Last edited by Winmar7Fan on Sun 22 Jun 2008 10:47am, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Winmar7Fan wrote:Can't play interstate but that's OK ? I agree Milne can be exciting when he has a night out and yes he might average 2 goals a game but seriously are people really happy with him kicking 5 one game and doing nothing for the next 4 ?

If a midfielder was picking up 30 touches 1 game and 5 for the next 4 games he'd be gone. I know we need goals more than anything but this guy's like picking up chicks you might have bombed out the last 4 times but the anticipating that maybe this could be the night instills enthusiasm to try again come Saturday night.

Nothings ever going to change with him and if people are happy with him to let the side down for the majority of games doing stupid undisciplined things wasting opportunities for the cost of turning it on and having a night out kicking five exciting goals that's fine, but if he can't kick 2 goals a game and does it all in one game out of 5 i don't believe that's good enough and he's more of a liability.
When did he ever kick no goals in 4 games. It is easy to write crap like that but when it is not true it is stupid to write it. If he does what they want today he must come back. If anyone on here is stupid enough to think the side that played on Friday night has the ability to kick enough goals against North then you have real problems.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:Can't play interstate but that's OK ? I agree Milne can be exciting when he has a night out and yes he might average 2 goals a game but seriously are people really happy with him kicking 5 one game and doing nothing for the next 4 ?

Nothings ever going to change with him and if people are happy with him to let the side down for the majority of games doing stupid undisciplined things wasting opportunities for the cost of turning it on and having a night out kicking five exciting goals that's fine, but if he can't kick 2 goals a game and does it all in one game out of 5 i don't believe that's good enough and he's more of a liability.
When did he ever kick no goals in 4 games. It is easy to write crap like that but when it is not true it is stupid to write it. If he does what they want today he must come back. If anyone on here is stupid enough to think the side that played on Friday night has the ability to kick enough goals against North then you have real problems.
Don't be so literal I'm making a point what you don't think he's terribly inconsistent ? There are even comments on here that he can't play interstate but that's easy we just won't play him then . Is this a joke? And no we wont be able to kick enough goals to beat North and never will until we get the balls to take a step back to go forward and replace some players we need to (even the ones we are sentimental about).
Last edited by Winmar7Fan on Sun 22 Jun 2008 11:05am, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Winmar7Fan wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Don't be so literal I'm making a point what you don't think he's terribly inconsistent ? There are even comments on here that he can't play interstate but that's easy we just won't play him then . Is this a joke?
I now what you were saying but he usually does kick about 2 goals a week and there are not many weeks at all he doesnt get a goal. As I said if he does what the coach wants he must be included unless you have another plan that will get us a few more goals next week and we will need more goals to win next week.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Don't be so literal I'm making a point what you don't think he's terribly inconsistent ? There are even comments on here that he can't play interstate but that's easy we just won't play him then . Is this a joke?
I now what you were saying but he usually does kick about 2 goals a week and there are not many weeks at all he doesnt get a goal. As I said if he does what the coach wants he must be included unless you have another plan that will get us a few more goals next week and we will need more goals to win next week.
Yes i agree we can only play with what we have now I'm just saying long term in a team capable of winning a flag it wouldn't be good enough but then again maybe in a better team he would perform better as well. :wink:

twirlyhair
Club Player

Winmar7Fan wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Don't be so literal I'm making a point what you don't think he's terribly inconsistent ? There are even comments on here that he can't play interstate but that's easy we just won't play him then . Is this a joke? And no we wont be able to kick enough goals to beat North and never will until we get the balls to take a step back to go forward and replace some players we need to (even the ones we are sentimental about).
Im with you this....Milney has to go I think...

matrix
Saintsational Legend

no he doesnt
christ....
our leading goal kicker has flaws, yes....
tell him to fix them and help him to fix them.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Hes a top goalkicker if you dont mind

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Washedup
Club Player

Can't play interstate but that's OK ? I agree Milne can be exciting when he has a night out and yes he might average 2 goals a game but seriously are people really happy with him kicking 5 one game and doing nothing for the next 4 ?
He averages around 2 goals a game, so if he kicks 5 goals one week, then i'm pretty sure he would be on average contributing about 5 in the next 4 wks. Dont distort figures to back up ridiculous statements.
He is a permanent fwd pocket FFS yet has been our leading goalkicker all season, he cant have been too bad.
but if he can't kick 1-2 goals a game and does it all in one game out of 5 i don't believe that's good enough and he's more of a liability.
How many games this season has he failed to hit the goalkickers list? Wouldn't be too many i wouldn't have thought.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Washedup wrote:
He averages around 2 goals a game, so if he kicks 5 goals one week, then i'm pretty sure he would be on average contributing about 5 in the next 4 wks. Dont distort figures to back up ridiculous statements.
He is a permanent fwd pocket FFS yet has been our leading goalkicker all season, he cant have been too bad.
but if he can't kick 1-2 goals a game and does it all in one game out of 5 i don't believe that's good enough and he's more of a liability.
How many games this season has he failed to hit the goalkickers list? Wouldn't be too many i wouldn't have thought.

OK so your happy with the whole Milne dancing ,prancing taking on five players when having set shots at goal from 30 metres out and getting caught or turning it over etc etc doing stupid undisciplined things when its hard enough to get opportunities as it is up there for a couple of heart warming exciting goals to come off every now and then.

I'm looking at the whole package not just his goal averages . I used to think he was cool too but I'm passed that now and want whats best for this team to go forward which means setting a good example out on the ground for the kids . So many of the good things he does are undone by the bad.

Too many games he's a liability but if your happy to stagnate as we are and be excited by some thrilling Milne highlights looking at the small picture of him being the leading goalkicker in our troubled side we'll just keep blaming the coach for going nowhere.

I say let another club tear their hair out 3 games out of five.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
If anyone on here is stupid enough to think the side that played on Friday night has the ability to kick enough goals against North then you have real problems.
I dont think people have "real problems"or are necessarily stupid for having opinions that aren't the same as yours,if everybody had the same opinion as you on every subject then we could all sit back and just read what you wrote......

Fortunately, there is plenty of opinion and plenty of shite on here and your good at both.......

Maybe Kosi and Gardiner will return for the North game and then it wont be the same low scoring team as Friday Night,it'll be a slightly altered ,low scoring team,if they play the Ross game.......

:lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
If anyone on here is stupid enough to think the side that played on Friday night has the ability to kick enough goals against North then you have real problems.
I dont think people have "real problems"or are necessarily stupid for having opinions that aren't the same as yours,if everybody had the same opinion as you on every subject then we could all sit back and just read what you wrote......

Fortunately, there is plenty of opinion and plenty of shite on here and your good at both.......

Maybe Kosi and Gardiner will return for the North game and then it wont be the same low scoring team as Friday Night,it'll be a slightly altered ,low scoring team,if they play the Ross game.......

:lol:
Fair enough but I dont think either of them are a chance to return so if Dal does what the coach wants he has to play as does Milney IMO.

bigmicka
Club Player

played 153 games and has been goaless in 23 of those.

mic

No one ever built a statue for a critic.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

don't back down Plugger

those not wanting him in the side for the "reasons" they stated are fair dinkum idiots

and they need to be told

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

bigmicka wrote:played 153 games and has been goaless in 23 of those.

mic
Ok how many games has he kicked 1 ?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Winmar7Fan wrote:

mic
Now we are talking 1. If that isnt enough do we go to 2 and so on. Some people just are never happy with our players.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:

mic
Now we are talking 1. If that isnt enough do we go to 2 and so on. Some people just are never happy with our players.
I'm talking about whats exceptable 2 is . Do you think 1 is for a goal kicking forward ?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Winmar7Fan wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:

mic
I'm talking about whats exceptable 2 is . Do you think 1 is for a goal kicking forward ?
he's averaging over 2 goals a game this season.....

i can't see your point

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Winmar7Fan wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:

mic
So if he gets one goal and 20 possesions he hasnt played as well as 2 goals and 2 kicks. Why pick a number of goals. His average is 2 and has always been 2 a game. He is a good small forward and if he did what he was required today he will go up again.

Zippy
Club Player

He kicked butt with the scorps today, and he's our best goalkicker this season.

It's hard to see why anyone'd want to get rid of him. Good small forwards aren't easy to find. I love the guy, despite his brainfades.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€