Coburg v Scorps: Discuss Here !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Backwards Fast wrote:
The_Dud wrote:first off, i'm not calling myself a Dud, i'm calling Ross one (along with various others, maybe u can supply me with a pic of urself?)

u obviously have a bias against Dal, and you've built up alot of credability over 14 posts....

you claim he shouldn'tget picked cos he "reportedly had a shocker"

how many kicks did he get?
how many handballs?
how many tackles?
how mnay 1%ers?
what did Ross want him to achieve?
did he achieve this?

maybe wait til u can actually make a half-informed decison before you sink the boot in to one of our best players

:roll:
I didn't realise you got credibility due to the size of your post count illiterate one
way to address the issue

:roll:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
RH35
Club Player

how many kicks did he get? 6 (4 free kicks)
how many handballs? 2
how many tackles? 0
how mnay 1%ers? at a guess, 0.
what did Ross want him to achieve? To be tagged out of the game by a 5 foot 6 fatty?
did he achieve this? You bet!

Mate, nobody is doubting his talent but did you see him today? It wasn't pretty.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

RH35 wrote:how many kicks did he get? 6 (4 free kicks)
how many handballs? 2
how many tackles? 0
what did Ross want him to achieve? To be tagged out of the game by a 5 foot 6 fatty?

Mate, nobody is doubting his talent but did you see him today? It wasn't pretty.
Are they the official stats.

Backwards Fast
Club Player

how many handballs? 2
how many tackles? 0

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RH35
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
how many handballs? 2
how many tackles? 0

nope but I watched the whole game and didn't take my eyes off him. It wasn't tough to keep the stats! ps, I am no NDS hater just match reporting.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

how many handballs? 2
how many tackles? 0

Wow, who would have guessed?

A player not normally playing in a certain team, with certain teammates, not having the usual or expected effect in his first game.....

For the retards within this thread: This isn't science, this isn't maths. A lower level dosn't automatically calculate into higher possessions.....

This forum really is being flooded by a brand of morons that have absolutely no idea. I suggest a forum with a minimum post count before acceptance. Make these idiots slug it out in the magoos before they can be elevated to the serious stuff as they are making some topics nearly unreadable with the amount of dribble they post. The liverpoolfc site do it quite nicely.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Backwards Fast wrote:
how many handballs? 2
how many tackles? 0

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Why are you happy. Proves you are just a fool.

Washedup
Club Player

how many handballs? 2
how many tackles? 0

If these stats are true, then he has obviously gone back with the wrong attitude. Eight touches from a guy with his talent is a disgrace. People calling for him to come back into the seniors on the back of a performance like that are kidding themselves

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

RH35 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
how many handballs? 2
how many tackles? 0

nope but I watched the whole game and didn't take my eyes off him. It wasn't tough to keep the stats! ps, I am no NDS hater just match reporting.
so your saying those stats might not be 100% accurate

;)

Washedup
Club Player

The_Dud wrote:
RH35 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
how many handballs? 2
how many tackles? 0

so your saying those stats might not be 100% accurate

;)
They might not be 100% accurate but if he watched him the whole game im sure he is not too far off. Not good enough, from an extremely talented player

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

then i'd like to know how they managed to stick him in the "best ons"

can u get official VFL stats anywhere?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Boppa wrote:
saintbrat wrote:2008 VFL Seniors

Coburg Tigers 2.3 4.5 10.12 14.14 (98)
Casey Scorpions 5.3 12.7 16.10 23.13 (151)

GOALS:
Coburg Tigers: Schulz 5 Pettifer 2 Howat 2 Carnell Tivendale Connors Collard Horne
Casey Scorpions: Milne 4 Rix 3 Clarke 2 O'Bryan 2 Miles 2 Dunne 2 Garrubba 2 Birss Waite Howard Steven Haretuku Matthews

BEST:
Coburg Tigers: Carrick Carnell Schulz Graham Silvester Keogh
Casey Scorpions: Milne Silvagni Rix Panozza Birss Dal Santo

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Coburg Tigers: Nil
Casey Scorpions: Nil

something seems differant to reports- game report will be interesting

https://reg.sportingpulse.com/olr_v3/rp ... &pg=1&a=MR_
You have to wonder whether the person giving the best players was actually at the game. Definitely conflicts with the people who went that have posted on here. :?
Are you for real? The person who lists the best players you have doubts about but you are willing to back reports from a forum. This has to be the most ridiculous thing Ive seen on here. You my friend find a mirror and look into it! :roll: :roll:

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
RH35
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
how many handballs? 2
how many tackles? 0

Wow, who would have guessed?

A player not normally playing in a certain team, with certain teammates, not having the usual or expected effect in his first game.....

For the retards within this thread: This isn't science, this isn't maths. A lower level dosn't automatically calculate into higher possessions.....

This forum really is being flooded by a brand of morons that have absolutely no idea. I suggest a forum with a minimum post count before acceptance. Make these idiots slug it out in the magoos before they can be elevated to the serious stuff as they are making some topics nearly unreadable with the amount of dribble they post. The liverpoolfc site do it quite nicely.
:shock: you're right, I haven't enough posts to validate my eyesight or ability to count. I take it back, he had 45, kicked 8 and laid 37 tackles. All from your loungeroom...Again mate, have a lie down. We all love the guy, he is struggling right now is all.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:then i'd like to know how they managed to stick him in the "best ons"

can u get official VFL stats anywhere?
I wouldnt worry about what these guys are saying. The old tall poppy is just coming out.

Washedup
Club Player

CURLY wrote:
Boppa wrote:

GOALS:
Coburg Tigers: Schulz 5 Pettifer 2 Howat 2 Carnell Tivendale Connors Collard Horne
Casey Scorpions: Milne 4 Rix 3 Clarke 2 O'Bryan 2 Miles 2 Dunne 2 Garrubba 2 Birss Waite Howard Steven Haretuku Matthews

BEST:

REPORTED PLAYERS:

You have to wonder whether the person giving the best players was actually at the game. Definitely conflicts with the people who went that have posted on here. :?
Are you for real? The person who lists the best players you have doubts about but you are willing to back reports from a forum. This has to be the most ridiculous thing Ive seen on here. You my friend find a mirror and look into it! :roll: :roll:
I think that is a question most would be asking. Everyone that has posted on here that was at the game said he was ordinary. Are you suggesting that they all wrong and have no clue?
One poster has suggested he has had about 8 touches and watched him all game.

hotdish
Club Player

Did Fergo or X play?

How did Howard do?

Edit: looking at the VFL sportingpulse results page the following played:

L Fisher
Raph
Howard
Birss
Milne
Rix
Fiora
Haretuku (first senior VFL game?)
Steven
Miles

any thoughts about the above? Interested to see how Miles looks...
Last edited by hotdish on Sun 22 Jun 2008 7:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zippy
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:Well Zippy i've met and I'll trust his call.

I was leaning on the fence the whole game, which means I have a great view half the time, and the rest of the time I can't tell Milne from Rix.

But I'm still stunned Dal Santo was in the best. He must have done a lot on the far wing . . . and that the other saintsational people who were there didn't see.

The rest of the bests were in line with what I saw - Milne kicked butt, and Rix ruled, so I'm not sure what Dal did that I missed.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Washedup wrote:
CURLY wrote:
Boppa wrote:

GOALS:

BEST:

REPORTED PLAYERS:

I think that is a question most would be asking. Everyone that has posted on here that was at the game said he was ordinary. Are you suggesting that they all wrong and have no clue?
Everyone. I have counted 3 people. How many is everyone.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

there's a big difference between 8 touches and in the best 6 players in the team

i think i'll wait for the official stats

Washedup
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Washedup wrote:
CURLY wrote:
Boppa wrote:

GOALS:

BEST:

REPORTED PLAYERS:

Obviously 3 then f#$kwit. As i said everyone that has posted on here that was at the game

milney044
Club Player

Well i went to the game and here's my opinion.
Milney looked very enthusiastic and lively, was in good spirits considering just being dropped. His work rate was very good and slotted 4. He made one error kicking out to Dal, most of his kicks were to our advantage and i would have had him in the best. I'd like to know how many possies he had, he seemed to rack up quite a few.

Dal's opponent was extremely annoying and in my opinion held Dal illegally all game. Dal didn't have much impact but i'm giving him credit for not smacking his opponent in the face, he deserved another 5 frees. But it's unfortunate to note that he couldn't break a tag at this level however it must be noted that being the star he is, he would have been targeted all game and there are no ball's or lenny's out there to divide the attention.

Rixy had a fine game, he looks too good for VFL but unfortunately we know how he plays in the seniors - it's a shame really because he's a strong mark and generally a good reader of the play. Unfortunately i think AFL's just a tad quick for Rix.

They were the 3 i kept an eye on, Birss did quite well also and is very vocal out there!

A good win to the scorps.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Washedup wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Washedup wrote:
CURLY wrote:
Boppa wrote:

GOALS:

BEST:

REPORTED PLAYERS:

Obviously 3 then f#$kwit. As i said everyone that has posted on here that was at the game
Nice answer. I think they usually use 3 people to get a fair dinkum poll. My wife went and she said he got smashed every time he touched the ball they had more intent on him than the ball. Is she wrong with what she said?

Solar
Saintsational Legend

by the sound of it dal didn't work hard enough in the seconds. I am assuming that getting hard ball gets, tackles and 1%'s would be high on the "to do" list for dal so he will need to keep working.

Good to hear about Khan. Milne and birss might have done enough to get a call up.

How did Silvagni go for those who went? Where did miles play?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Boppa wrote:

GOALS:

BEST:

REPORTED PLAYERS:

The "bests" listed in the media for the scorps this season have often conflicted wildly with whats been noted on here.

I wouldnt be writing off the opinions on here so quickly . Everyone from this Forum who went today Im sure wanted Dal to play a blinder. To a man (or woman) they said he was very quiet.

Oh and enough abuse and name calling k?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Washedup
Club Player

I wouldnt be writing off the opinions on here so quickly . Everyone from this Forum who went today Im sure wanted Dal to play a blinder. To a man (or woman) they said he was very quiet
Im sure the know it all Plugger66 will type his usual wise crack by your usage of the word Everyone.