Is Max the key to Friday night??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

m_m
Club Player

Solar wrote:wasn't pagans fault he was left which a hole of a list.... blame your culture of cheating and buying flags....
:shock:

a bit off topic...

it was pagans fault that he chose to place fev at full back. nothing to do with that bs you were talking about
geez :roll:

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

what the hell are you doing here anyway m m? There is a carlscum board you know...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

m_m wrote:
Solar wrote:wasn't pagans fault he was left which a hole of a list.... blame your culture of cheating and buying flags....

a bit off topic...

it was pagans fault that he chose to place fev at full back. nothing to do with that bs you were talking about
Go the Carlton site and tell them. We dont care on here. And while you ae there grab a life.

m_m
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
m_m wrote:

a bit off topic...

Go the Carlton site and tell them. We dont care on here. And while you ae there grab a life.
:roll: settle down plugger :shock:

saintboy
Club Player

settle down buddy :twisted:

OH WHEN THE SAINTS!!!!!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Rumor on SEN Max may be out.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

m_m wrote:

a bit off topic...

well your the one who turned it from a convo based around one silly move to a torpedo aimed at pagan as a coach :wink:

Doesn't matter, pagan won some flags and got paid a decient sum to play kids for a couple of years.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
m_m
Club Player

Solar wrote:
m_m wrote:

a bit off topic...

well your the one who turned it from a convo based around one silly move to a torpedo aimed at pagan as a coach :wink:

Doesn't matter, pagan won some flags and got paid a decient sum to play kids for a couple of years.
you mentioned fev playing in the backline, the move made by denis pagan, thats not changing the topic at all

just forget i ever mentioned him :roll:

saintboy
Club Player

If max is out then we will not win simple as that. we have no other match up for fev unless we bring out the good old sydney oops sorry i mean st kilda flood. :roll:

OH WHEN THE SAINTS!!!!!
Schillaci
Club Player

Max is the key for mine.
The obvious match for Fev...think we will struggle to hold him if Max is out...
and may struggle to win without him holding the fort together down back.

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

Max killed him, some of his goals were from frees, one wasn't even against Max

JeffDunne

JeffDunne wrote:
Teflon wrote:Agree re the pressure on their defence - looking at their points agst they do leak.

Yeah it mustve been Wait but I do recall he did seem to have the body size and the extra reach to trouble Riewoldt.....I actually reckon Riewoldt gets out bodied and pushed under the footy a bit and hes better on the lead. Kosi for me is the one close to goal with some decent pressure nearby - hes also the better contested grab and Im not sure Carlton have anyone with the size to stop him...their defenders to me appear to be that 'rangy' type that like a run at it....Kosi really could be problems for them but it depends how it comes in.
Carlton will probably play Sentanta or Thornton on Kosi if he lines up at FF. Thornton I suspect will get the job. Waite is a monty on Roo.

I disagree with Roo and his body work, he should easily match Waite for strength. Waite is a much better CHB than he is FB, so I'd like to see Roo take him to the square especially if Waite is getting on top. Waite also can cough the ball up with only marginal pressure so I'd like to see him as deep as possible in defence.

As far as Kosi is concerned I'd like us to use him like we did last week. Stints deep in the forward line and stints on the ball. Park Kosi is the square for 4 quarters and he seems to struggle.
At least we have the flexibility with Riewoldt (which we did ok against Nth I thought - played fwd at times....other times drifted back). Id just hate to see him stuck down there at FF and watch us become Roo conscious and they double team him (which frommemory theyve done well previously) and pick him off. To me it makes us far less predictable if we can mix it up a little.
We'd be stupid not to use Roo's athleticism and I'm not suggesting we play him as a permanant FF.

Horses for courses. Roo should run him around but he won't beat Waite just by running him around. He'll keep up with Roo.
I'm starting to like Ross' coaching.

He's starting to listen to the right people. :wink:

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Just a dead set lovable gun, Max. Super defender and gratefully acknowledged, frequently, by his coach.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:
Teflon wrote:Agree re the pressure on their defence - looking at their points agst they do leak.

Yeah it mustve been Wait but I do recall he did seem to have the body size and the extra reach to trouble Riewoldt.....I actually reckon Riewoldt gets out bodied and pushed under the footy a bit and hes better on the lead. Kosi for me is the one close to goal with some decent pressure nearby - hes also the better contested grab and Im not sure Carlton have anyone with the size to stop him...their defenders to me appear to be that 'rangy' type that like a run at it....Kosi really could be problems for them but it depends how it comes in.
Carlton will probably play Sentanta or Thornton on Kosi if he lines up at FF. Thornton I suspect will get the job. Waite is a monty on Roo.

I disagree with Roo and his body work, he should easily match Waite for strength. Waite is a much better CHB than he is FB, so I'd like to see Roo take him to the square especially if Waite is getting on top. Waite also can cough the ball up with only marginal pressure so I'd like to see him as deep as possible in defence.

As far as Kosi is concerned I'd like us to use him like we did last week. Stints deep in the forward line and stints on the ball. Park Kosi is the square for 4 quarters and he seems to struggle.
At least we have the flexibility with Riewoldt (which we did ok against Nth I thought - played fwd at times....other times drifted back). Id just hate to see him stuck down there at FF and watch us become Roo conscious and they double team him (which frommemory theyve done well previously) and pick him off. To me it makes us far less predictable if we can mix it up a little.
We'd be stupid not to use Roo's athleticism and I'm not suggesting we play him as a permanant FF.

Horses for courses. Roo should run him around but he won't beat Waite just by running him around. He'll keep up with Roo.
I'm starting to like Ross' coaching.

He's starting to listen to the right people. :wink:
yes. well done, jd.

do you reckon you'd be able to use your influence to maybe get rooey some kicking lessons. it's the only thing stopping him being an awesome forward.

hotdish
Club Player

how good was it at the start of the game, when fev was doing his laces up and Max bowled him over lol!!! Fev just had that look on his face - "its gonna be a looonnnnngg night!"

HarveysDeciple

Max Hudghton. Mr Reliable.

And greatly underrated by the general public.

Been in the top 5 defenders of the last 6 years without a doubt.