Ruck work of King

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Ruck work of King

Thought King had his best game for the Saints tonight. Generally rucked very well and was useful around the ground.

His tap work to Lenny in Qtr2 gave me a bit of a swelling in the nether regions.

Absolutely loved it, and I am sure Lenny loved the work to him.

Lenny Hayes would be the most underrated mid in the comp.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Ruck work of King

joffaboy wrote:Thought King had his best game for the Saints tonight. Generally rucked very well and was useful around the ground.

His tap work to Lenny in Qtr2 gave me a bit of a swelling in the nether regions.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Im swelling now reading about it.

St.Kenny
Club Player

Awsome performance in the ruck. Havent seen such dominance since Big Carl aka 8o's. Strength and dexterity. Could see how much it hurt CArlton by the passionate manner in which Ratten was getting stuck into Cloke at quarter time break.

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

He's bloody good Kingy. Great to know the oppostion rucks wont smash us anymore.

StSteven
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Im swelling now reading about it.
When you have not had much even little things do it for you.

Eighth was not my vision for 2008 but I will take it.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Lenny Hayes would be the most underrated mid in the comp.
Not by me. I think he's in the top three or four at the moment - they are the ones who one grab take then deliver.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

King to Hayes was the combo of the night.

Was like Spider to Burke / Thommo / Harvey in 97.

That combination in the 2nd quarter really breoke the game open with their work at the stoppages.

RBnW
Club Player

what a difference a couple of years make can you imagine last night with Ackland, Rix and Blake rucking :oops: with no disrespect to Rix who I think gives us everything he has to give when he plays.....but watching King last night dominate and knowing M Gardiner is playing in the 2's both who we picked up for nothing does mean that come finals time when the big boys come out to play we can and will be able to compete out of the centre.....thank you Ross, thank you Geelong and thank you Kingy.....the Ruck is back......King to Hayes to Rooie in 5 seconds last night was great to watch :D :D :D

Our best is yet
to come......
spert
Saintsational Legend

King did well against the Roos too..if he stays injury-free, he will be a big factor in our success this season.

Duggie
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Thought King had his best game for the Saints tonight. Generally rucked very well and was useful around the ground.

Only in your opinion it seems :lol:

A Saint Forever!
SaintWodonga
Club Player

King did very well. He is really enjoying his footy with the Saints.

I'd like to MG return very soon. His work was really good before his injury.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
esaint66
SS Life Member

St DAC wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Jeez :shock: :shock: :shock:

I think that is one of those things your meant to keep to yourself :wink: :lol:

supersaints
Club Player

Played a great game, hitting some good form. It seems our set plays at training for tap outs are coming along nicely, a couple of taps to Lenny were superb. I admit to having some doubhts about him standing up physically, however he is looking better as the season goes on... will be more than handy at finals time. :wink:

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 4:04am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
milney044
Club Player

Ahh that tapping to Lenny was so enjoyable, especially when Lenny cruised through with a beauty to Roo, who converted.
It's been a long while since I've seen that kind of work from a ruckman that isn't playing for the opposition. Hayes would be loving it. Thankyou Steven King!

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:It's not just his tap work, he puts in all day. He encourages team mates all the time... never shuts up ;) Always in the goal square if the op has a shot. Everett could never be bothered doing any of those things.

KING = true champion and we are extremely fortunate, EXTREMELY, that he came our way.
Ex Captain of an AFL football club and it shows in his leadership on field.

Really seems to be putting in for his new club. Really lucky to get someone with that type of attitude.

And now his football is starting to match.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I owe an apology to Steven King. I thought he was a bit of a dud at Geelong and took every chance to bag him when he was playing. However, I can see he has come to the Saints and his ruck skills are outstanding, plus those little handballs off to whoever is running past helps keep the team in an attacking mode.
But I'm even more pleased with the response to Saints wins, going around and hugging the other players and singing the song with gusto with the rest of the team. So he's not just here to wait out his time before the end of his career, he is here to contribute to taking us higher up the ladder.
So Kingy , I was wrong about you and I apologize. 8-)

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 4:02am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
LaUrEnCe
Club Player

Steady, if he has a s*** game everyone will bag him again

against dire ruck opposition it has to be said

howlinwolf
Club Player

Unfortunately I didn't see the game last night due to work but it has me wondering how far could we have gone in 2004/2005 with a ruckman like King feeding our mids of that era ?

Could quite possibly given us that extra we needed ?
He's not a big possession winner but a fantastic tap ruckman to advantage.

We have our tails up a bit now. If we can just go on with it and reproduce that 2004/2005 confidence who knows ?
4 1/4 effort is what we need now. Roll on Hawks. Beat them and then WC and PA and it's game on !

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

He certainly smashed Cloke and Kruezer, but that isn't a huge achievement. King has pleasantly surprised me this season, but I still feel that Gardiner has more to offer in terms of raw impact on the game.

Hopefully King's body doesn't break down again with the increased workload.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

howlinwolf wrote:Unfortunately I didn't see the game last night due to work but it has me wondering how far could we have gone in 2004/2005 with a ruckman like King feeding our mids of that era ?
Me too.

Our mids in 04/05 did super jobs given the uck support but just imagine NOT having to rove opposition taps and having the confidence out of the middle to workto your own ruckman.....hhmmm...

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
howlinwolf wrote:Unfortunately I didn't see the game last night due to work but it has me wondering how far could we have gone in 2004/2005 with a ruckman like King feeding our mids of that era ?
Me too.

Our mids in 04/05 did super jobs given the uck support but just imagine NOT having to rove opposition taps and having the confidence out of the middle to workto your own ruckman.....hhmmm...
I agree Gt should have gone for a ruckman instead of Goddard or Dal when he had the chance.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Me too.

I agree Gt should have gone for a ruckman instead of Goddard or Dal when he had the chance.

ffs.......flower me....... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.