For all those Trolls out there....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sobraz
SS Life Member

For all those Trolls out there....

And I dont mean the Carlton supporters who have been plagueing this site of late....

The Trolls I'm refering to are those supposed St.Kilda supporters who have been going on about how useless Kosi is and how he should be traded, how he is a white elephant and overrated...

Morons, all of you...

Kosi is what football clubs are about... He is all heart and soul, and thankfully for us, in his case there is a hell of a lot of skill there also... A few quiet games and many on here want to trade him off for whatever we can get... What a disgrace... I notice now that most have gone quiet!!... What a surprise...

Maybe we should go through recent history of this forum, and with the Mods' help IP ban all the Trolls who want to sell the soul of the club... We dont need them..

Well stuck up 'em Kosi..

stinger
Saintsational Legend

post of the week..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
marksnsparks
Club Player

I'll say up front, that I am not one of those calling for Kosi's head. But I do take offence to your definition of a troll. It seems your definition is anyone who does not share your opinion. If we all agreed with each other then there would be no point having this forum, and we may as well spend days playing GTA4 instead.

RBnW
Club Player

Re: For all those Trolls out there....

Sobraz wrote:And I dont mean the Carlton supporters who have been plagueing this site of late....

The Trolls I'm refering to are those supposed St.Kilda supporters who have been going on about how useless Kosi is and how he should be traded, how he is a white elephant and overrated...

Morons, all of you...

Kosi is what football clubs are about... He is all heart and soul, and thankfully for us, in his case there is a hell of a lot of skill there also... A few quiet games and many on here want to trade him off for whatever we can get... What a disgrace... I notice now that most have gone quiet!!... What a surprise...

Maybe we should go through recent history of this forum, and with the Mods' help IP ban all the Trolls who want to sell the soul of the club... We dont need them..

Well stuck up 'em Kosi..
Can I use my Etag on the Troll :roll:

Our best is yet
to come......
stinger
Saintsational Legend

marksnsparks wrote:I'll say up front, that I am not one of those calling for Kosi's head. But I do take offence to your definition of a troll. It seems your definition is anyone who does not share your opinion. If we all agreed with each other then there would be no point having this forum, and we may as well spend days playing GTA4 instead.
you can have differing opinions without suggesting selling the farm and our hopes ffs.......

Saints in 20??
Club Player

Kosi

I think much of the criticism has been warranted. If you want mindless approval go watch the disney channel.
I have suggested that if a deal for Kosi comes up, have a look at it. i don't doubt the guy tries his heart out, but he has played 2 good games this year. I would not often look at trading anyone who finishes in the top 5 of our B & F. Lets see if he does it this year, considering his best was 9th in his 1st year.
He is the first to agree that he hasn't done much yet. I hope he lives up to all our expectations, including his.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

it constantly amazes me that its generally ok to crucify the bottom end of our list but when the mirror gets turned on the top end "stars" that get pad 4-5 times more, then you are less of a supporter of the club.

Seeya
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

<shrug> again

Im a fan of Kosi, still don't think we've seen the best of him.

I think those who targetted Dal Santo during his 1 week in the magoo's for some real vitriol should be ashamed of themselves.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
markp
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote: I think those who targetted Dal Santo during his 1 week in the magoo's for some real vitriol should be ashamed of themselves.
Agreed... as should those who said he should walk, and that Lyon was destroying the club.

Amazingly, no one died..... and 'coincidentally' we turned the corner around then..... go freakin figure. <shrug> :wink:

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

These sorts of threads after 3 wins against bottom 8 teams are a bit premature don't you think?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

not really...

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Dan Warna wrote: I think those who targetted Dal Santo during his 1 week in the magoo's for some real vitriol should be ashamed of themselves.
Agreed... as should those who said he should walk, and that Lyon was destroying the club.

Amazingly, no one died..... and 'coincidentally' we turned the corner around then..... go freakin figure. <shrug> :wink:
Dal Santo has several years of consistently good form, probably peaking in 2005.

you saw the rubbish st kilda served up at the start of 07

you saw us playing three quarters of teh game with all 18 players in Defence at the start of last year.

the biggest RL cheer squad has suggested we need wholesale changes and we had a terribad list, and that RL had nothing to work with, with so many terrible players which we've overrated.

I've consistently said we have a list to compare with any, given the restrictions of the salary cap and have underperformed.

To date I would say that its because we don't play to our strengths, but to the strengths of our opponents.

when we play to our strengths, ie risk taking attacking football, something we did in the latter part of 07, 06, 05, and early 04, we are a far more formidable side.

Anyone who say us early in 07 compared to our previous 3 wins, would concur that we are playing far more like we USED to and Less like Sydney.

I hope RL continues to play to st kiilda's talent and strength, rather than imposing some Sydney philosophy on the saints.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
markp
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:These sorts of threads after 3 wins against bottom 8 teams are a bit premature don't you think?
Is that rain...??

The sky has been clear all day.........

markp
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
markp wrote:

Dal Santo has several years of consistently good form, probably peaking in 2005.

you saw the rubbish st kilda served up at the start of 07

you saw us playing three quarters of teh game with all 18 players in Defence at the start of last year.

the biggest RL cheer squad has suggested we need wholesale changes and we had a terribad list, and that RL had nothing to work with, with so many terrible players which we've overrated.

I've consistently said we have a list to compare with any, given the restrictions of the salary cap and have underperformed.

To date I would say that its because we don't play to our strengths, but to the strengths of our opponents.

when we play to our strengths, ie risk taking attacking football, something we did in the latter part of 07, 06, 05, and early 04, we are a far more formidable side.

Anyone who say us early in 07 compared to our previous 3 wins, would concur that we are playing far more like we USED to and Less like Sydney.

I hope RL continues to play to st kiilda's talent and strength, rather than imposing some Sydney philosophy on the saints.
Ok, so rather than a coincidence it's because he started listening to you?

Maybe a few should have just adopted more of a 'wait and see' attitude....

Maybe that's what the game plan looks like when it works?

This really is like parliament... with people defending their 'position' at all costs, and never conceding an inch.

I mean this as a compliment Dan... you and Rodge should be in politics.

midas_touch
Club Player

Kosi has indeed stepped up in the past couple of matches, but the criticism that was directed towards him earlier in the season was fair enough. It was obvious that he was underperforming up until a couple of weeks ago, and I admire him for stepping up. However, he needs to produce these performances on a more frequent basis.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
bergsone
SS Life Member

HANDS UP everyone who hasnt knocked a player at some time in their supporting life.P.S Kosi I believe is a big part of this team ,hope he stays that way

Sobraz
SS Life Member

midas_touch wrote:Kosi has indeed stepped up in the past couple of matches, but the criticism that was directed towards him earlier in the season was fair enough. It was obvious that he was underperforming up until a couple of weeks ago, and I admire him for stepping up. However, he needs to produce these performances on a more frequent basis.
This is where i disagree.. The criticism of him earlier this year was not fair enough... And it was more than criticism, it was pretty much demonising a player that has done nothing but bleed red white and black, and been through a hell of a tough past 2/3 years...

He has played a number of good/solid games this year, 3 really top quality ones... only 2 or 3 poor gams IMO, but i guess i have more rational expectations of him...

The viriol that was being spat out on this site regarding his 'uselessness', a term written endless times, was a disgrace to the supporter base...

He has stepped up in the last fortnight to near best on ground in both our wins, and the forum goes silent.. Wonder if that trade for a second rounder is still worth it??!!...

Forget best and fairest results, stats and ranking points... Kosi's influence on games is far deeper than those fickle numbers... And the opinions of many fickle supporters...

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Be nice if some supporters enjoyed the wins,instead of getting bitter and trying to stick it up saintsational posters with differing views to there own. Think half of the time some people want results to souly justify there agenda's on this forum.

Who cares what other people think,we're all Stkilda supporters wanting the best for the club. It's an emotional game,and I don't think no other sport in the world is as debatable as Aussie Rules. So get over yourselves and make some noise...FFS :wink:

Bring back the Lockett era
Solar
Saintsational Legend

was always worth more to us then on the market

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Still should be traded for a first round pick +, now that he has some value.

History says Kosi will not continue to play at an acceptable level.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Kosi for Kerr?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:Still should be traded for a first round pick +, now that he has some value.

History says Kosi will not continue to play at an acceptable level.
:roll: ... should know not to expect more from some people.. First round pick, select a key pisition player to take his spot, say a Josh Kennedy, Lachie Hansen type, and we're way in front... makes sense...

If any first round key postion 6'6" plus player turns out as good as Kosi in the history of any drafts i'll eat my hat...

Fact is, aside from Cox, he is the best 6'6"+ player in the comp... And the best contested mark in the comp bar none...
Last edited by Sobraz on Tue 15 Jul 2008 2:38pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

WayneJudson42 wrote:Kosi for Kerr?
We want WC to stay down for as long as possible... This would not aid that hope...

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:History says Kosi will not continue to play at an acceptable level.
Jerk...

bethb7
Club Player

Kosi is a gun he played so well on Friday night he is pivotal to our teams success.
Last edited by bethb7 on Tue 15 Jul 2008 2:44pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon