?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

?

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 4:05am, edited 1 time in total.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Yes well.....maybe.....he thought it bounced that way.

It's highly unlikely.....but he thought it did.

He made a mistake.....like every human has.

We won.....and as it stands, that's all that matters.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sure a win is a win but a point is NEVER a goal.

clearly bounced off the bottom of the goal-post. the goal umpire knew he'd made a balls up, too, as everyone in the stand behind him gave it to him in no uncertain terms. moron.

he'll be thankful that carlton didn't win by a couple of points.

even so i'm sure it will be highlighted on some of the footy shows this weekend.

casey scorp
Club Player

It may not seem important, but our % currently sits at:

99.78%.

With 5 less points against, our % would have been:

100.14%!!

I'd prefer being in the black, rather than in the red!

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Pathetic error.

Back to the bush for that cabbage next week.

Too busy watching himself on the scoreboard to actually WATCH the ball go over the line.

Shyt effort.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
JeffDunne

I reckon it's probably the worst goal umpiring decision I have ever seen. And I do mean EVER!

It was shocker.

In fact it was that bad it's hard to believe it was an accident.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Pi$$ poor.

Stevie Wonder would have got it right.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:I reckon it's probably the worst goal umpiring decision I have ever seen. And I do mean EVER!

It was shocker.

And that is the point of Kenny's OP.

AOK is a very easy going sort of bloke, but I have never seen him so fired up as at 3 quarter time last night.

We were all sitting behind the goals at that end last night but AOK was with his mum closer toward the goals. I couldn't see it as because everyone stood up to see what was happening.

Really on the replay it was a clear as day. Must admit the goal umpire has been doing games for at least ten years and it was a terrible mistake, nearly as bad as the one against the Bulldogs.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Id rather them make that error when we win than a game we lose by less than 6 points. Swings and roundabouts. We will get our turn.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Swings and roundabouts. We will get our turn.
WHEN!!?? :evil: :evil:

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote:
Funny you say that. I can name 2 games in the last 5 years where a goal unpiring decision helped us win the game. Aussies point against Brisbane and a goal that clearly hit the post against North. Both games we won by one point and 3 points. Cannot think of a time when a decision has cost us a game but sure there are a few because as I said swings and roundabouts.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Id rather them make that error when we win than a game we lose by less than 6 points. Swings and roundabouts. We will get our turn.
Yeah it was a terrible error but the bloke is human. I would regard an umpiring error where he points his arm in one direction all the players run forward of the ball, he then points his arm for the free ion the opposite direction and the team gets a gift goal because all the defence is forward of the ball.

That was not just human error or interpretation, it was sheer utter incompetence and McLaren should be made to retire on that decision alone.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Id rather them make that error when we win than a game we lose by less than 6 points. Swings and roundabouts. We will get our turn.
Yeah it was a terrible error but the bloke is human. I would regard an umpiring error where he points his arm in one direction all the players run forward of the ball, he then points his arm for the free ion the opposite direction and the team gets a gift goal because all the defence is forward of the ball.

That was not just human error or interpretation, it was sheer utter incompetence and McLaren should be made to retire on that decision alone.
Common sense should have seen him reset the free again but sense isnt common.

JeffDunne

Thanks Mary.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
Thanks Mary.
No worries.

RBnW
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
BakesFan wrote:
Funny you say that. I can name 2 games in the last 5 years where a goal unpiring decision helped us win the game. Aussies point against Brisbane and a goal that clearly hit the post against North. Both games we won by one point and 3 points. Cannot think of a time when a decision has cost us a game but sure there are a few because as I said swings and roundabouts.
add to that the Swans at the SCG in 2006 Rix kicked a goal from his first kick in leauge footy in the rain and it hit the top of the post :roll: we won by 2pts :D :D
must say last night was a bad one and the goal umpee should get a holiday for that one :oops: :oops:
good decision

Our best is yet
to come......
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:I reckon it's probably the worst goal umpiring decision I have ever seen. And I do mean EVER!

It was shocker.

I think is line ball with the one recently where the Saints knocked the ball through for behind only to have the ump give it all clear for a goal.

Both were disgraceful decisions by umpires with clear views.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
stinger
Saintsational Legend

It was shocker.

pratt's brown paper bag deliveries maybe?????

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
RBnW
Club Player

Whats the only thing worse than a Cardboard Box......paper tits....

Our best is yet
to come......
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

was sitting right infront of it in the front row.
saw it hit the post, and didnt even bother saying abything because it was so obvious.
then the goal ump did that stupid run thing, where he follows the bouncing ball and then runs back to the goals and this is when i though "thats usually what they do if its a goal, if its a point they just walk straight up to the post and tap it" and then he gave it the all clear signal and i thought i was going to explode. no joke, if that ump came with in punching distance of me he would still be lying on the ground right now, he deserves the death penalty for a decision so wrong like that!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:, if that ump came with in punching distance of me he would still be lying on the ground right now, he deserves the death penalty for a decision so wrong like that!

...for once we agree.... :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mick13
Club Player

I dont remember that, must have been down the other end we were sitting? Who kicked the 'goal'?

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Well thats how a snap kick bounces so wether it hit the post or not?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
ThomasR
Club Player

Fisher kicked the goal I think. I was up on the 2nd level behind the goals and could hear the ball hit the padding (or so I thought). Clear as day from up there. Not wanting to get all conspiracy on you but did anyone notice the little smirk on the field umps face after it was given a goal?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Well thats how a snap kick bounces so wether it hit the post or not?
it hit the f****** post...watch the reply ffs......