roo & kosi vs buddy & roughhead

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

roo & kosi vs buddy & roughhead

i like our two better.

conventional wisdom would have the hawthorn pair ahead, but to me that's more of a reflection of the fortunes of the respective teams in 2008.

buddy and roughhead have reaped the benefits of silver service from a dominant midfield all season whereas with us it's only in the past fortnight have we begun to see what roo & kosi are capable of.

will be worth the admission price alone to see these four exciting players in some sort of a shoot-out on saturday night.

i'm backing roo and kosi to eclipse their more-highly feted opposite numbers.

no doubt buddy is a freak, but roo wasn't too shabby last friday night and kosi wasn't far behind.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

the hawks two remind me of kosi and roo circa 2004. I don't want to say it but buddy is a serious shoulder injury or knee away from being a riewoldt at the best.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:the hawks two remind me of kosi and roo circa 2004. I don't want to say it but buddy is a serious shoulder injury or knee away from being a riewoldt at the best.
Buddy already has a "loose" shoulder that could come in for some serious testing on Saturday Night. All strictly within the rules, I hasten to add !!

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Eastern wrote:
Solar wrote:the hawks two remind me of kosi and roo circa 2004. I don't want to say it but buddy is a serious shoulder injury or knee away from being a riewoldt at the best.
Buddy already has a "loose" shoulder that could come in for some serious testing on Saturday Night. All strictly within the rules, I hasten to add !!
Maybe if Goose was playing no doubt he would of had a crack... but nah dont think so this saturday night....

Regarding the topic, The Hawks duo are the best in the league right now and the backman must be on their game to shut them down... kosi and roo need to have big games...

yipper
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:
Indeed. I'm suprised noone has worked him over yet. He needs to be tackled particularly ferociously and have that shoulder tested just like everyone was doing with Roo.

Maybe the bugger is to quick to catch!! But I hope we make sure he hits the deck a few times on Saturday - hard. Very hard.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
Eastern wrote:
Indeed. I'm suprised noone has worked him over yet. He needs to be tackled particularly ferociously and have that shoulder tested just like everyone was doing with Roo.

Maybe the bugger is to quick to catch!! But I hope we make sure he hits the deck a few times on Saturday - hard. Very hard.
Do we bring Burkey and Brett Cooke back to do a similar job to the one they did on Corey McKernan in the 97 prelim? :lol: :wink: !!

yipper
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:
yipper wrote:
Eastern wrote:

Do we bring Burkey and Brett Cooke back to do a similar job to the one they did on Corey McKernan in the 97 prelim? :lol: :wink: !!

:lol: That should have been included in the text book on how to lay a tackle on someone with a dicey shoulder!! A video replay for the boys prior to running out against the dorks will set them in the correct tackling mood I reckon!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:[

easier said than the done. the guy is quick and HUGE.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
yipper wrote:Maybe the bugger is to quick to catch!! But I hope we make sure he hits the deck a few times on Saturday - hard. Very hard.
easier said than the done. the guy is quick and HUGE.
so is roo, though i suspect buddy has an edge in the body on body stuff. then again i doubt he could keep up with riewoldt in the endurance stakes.

both awesome players. imagine if either of them could kick straight.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Roughhead and Buddy have 120 goals between them so far this year.

Roo and Kosi only have 51.

So outside die-hard Saints fans I dont think anyone would agree that Kosi and Roo are better than Buddy and Roughhead.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

i doubt he could keep up with riewoldt in the endurance stakes.
You may be surprised. Buddy is the updated Roo, with the shonky kicking to match. To compare these two to Kosi and Roo is pretty laughable at this stage of the season.Buddy is a shoe-in AA, Roughead has as many as Roo and Kosi combined, and they work in a forward line with Rioli, Williams and others. Their forward line actually works!

Kosi has come on in recent weeks, but still has a way to go to find consistency, while Roo isn't a real goal threat like Franklin. Much of his work is done up the ground, and he doesn't convert enough when he does have shots on goal to do scoreboard damage. Buddy is the same, but has a lot more shots on goal. Hence, if he turns it on, he is a major threat.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Unfortunately for the Saints,the Hawks have the better performing duo at the moment,Buddy and Roughead are definitely the better combination but the gap has closed the last couple of weeks .

The Saints boys don't perform as consistently as a pair in comparison to
Buddy and Roughnut,i'd like to see Roo and Kosi turn this stat around and be labelled the best combination,by a long shot......

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Unfortunately for the Saints,the Hawks have the better performing duo at the moment,Buddy and Roughead are definitely the better combination but the gap has closed the last couple of weeks .

The Saints boys don't perform as consistently as a pair in comparison to
Buddy and Roughnut,i'd like to see Roo and Kosi turn this stat around and be labelled the best combination,by a long shot......

This year

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:To compare these two to Kosi and Roo is pretty laughable at this stage of the season
perhaps not so laughable now. buddy nowhere to be seen in the second half while roo kicks hawthorn's butt.

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
Winmarvellous wrote:To compare these two to Kosi and Roo is pretty laughable at this stage of the season
perhaps not so laughable now. buddy nowhere to be seen in the second half while roo kicks hawthorn's butt.
great to see that williams, roughie and buddy hardly made an impact after 1/2time. Fantastic!!

Go saints in '09!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:while Roo isn't a real goal threat like Franklin. Much of his work is done up the ground, and he doesn't convert enough when he does have shots on goal to do scoreboard damage. Buddy is the same, but has a lot more shots on goal. Hence, if he turns it on, he is a major threat.
i really don't think you could have been more wrong regarding tonights game

:D ;)

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.