Changes this week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintjake
Club Player

harvs should be cut.

for unprofessional diet.
my friend was working at maccas.
when harvs came in with his son.
5 hashbrowns and 3 bacon and egg mc muffins

lol

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

So Rexy, you think Kosi is accountable and chases on the forward line?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

"I reckon the question should be who's earnt a call up.

We don't need to making changes for the sake of it."

Spot on! :wink:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

one change

in: gardiner
out: allen

Kosi plays forward, MG and king to share the rucking duties.

Roo to lead up to the wing to create an option, kosi to be always on the go. Look to hit up guerra's oppenent (I like eddy).

Instruct kosi to not just stick to the goal square and move around the forward 50. If he floats to the wing then roo slips back to 30 out.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
yipper
SS Life Member

FWIW: I would bring in MG and probably Schneids. I would tell Kosi he doesn't need to stay put deep forward, he can roam. Move up and down the corridor like he has been doing and take those big marks. He likes to get a run at the ball - he seems to have his judgement back now. Rotate King and MG through the ruck and the addition of another renowned goal-kicker in Schneids gives a more potent look.

Out: Allen goes out for MG and Gwilt for Schneids.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I'd bring in Geary before Schneider. Two consecitive B.O.G's should be rewarded. Besides he is needed to take on Rioli.

makemytime
Club Player

u realise taking out gwilt means we need another defender?

hotdish
Club Player

makemytime wrote:u realise taking out gwilt means we need another defender?
Gilbert - Franklin
Max - Roughhead
Third tall - S Fisher / Blake

Dropping Gwilt doesn't mean we need to bring in another tall. In fact if the 4 mentioned above were getting destroyed/injured, even Dempster can take a tall.

However I think the selection committee will persevere with him. If he is dropped:

IN:
Scneider [is a potential game winner with his goal kicking ability]
M Gardiner

OUT:
Gwilt
Allen

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I dont think we can just keep Allen because he stops another person matching up on Rooy. He needs to get some possessions and goals and he has had neither the last 2 weeks.

Outs Allen, Jimmy
Ins MG Schneider
Yeah, although RL might keep it to 1 change only. Could be any combination of the names mentioned !![/quote

I reckon Allen and Jimmy will go.....the possible ins are out of MG Schneider, Birss and perhaps Geary.....any of those two IMO from what I've seen at Casey would work very well for us.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

saintjake wrote:harvs should be cut.

for unprofessional diet.

lol
No no no.....that's called the;

"Lance Whitnall Special"

Haha

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Schneider in for Allen; Gardiner for Gwilt.

Still live in absolute fear Jason Blake can't play against good teams.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

I just think it's great that we have some depth. How many years has it been since we've had the luxury of Bakes, Schneider and Birss fighting to get a game. Gwilt is a tricky one. I prefer him to Raph, I must admit and he has some pace but his decision making is questionable.

Let's give the Hawks hell this week.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

If as a few people are saying that Geary deserves a call up, then I think that would mean Gilbert either dropped or being moved forward.(wing or HFF)

Allen has to go, so that would mean either Ferguson(for height and marking) Scheider(middle and pocket)

The advantage of Geary coming in releases/rotating Gilbert/Goddard into the forward and you could then bring in MG instead of Schneider.

But Allen has to make way.

Seeya
saints11
Club Player

The Saintsational Man wrote:
saintjake wrote:harvs should be cut.

for unprofessional diet.

lol
No no no.....that's called the;

"Lance Whitnall Special"

Haha
:lol: haha

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:I have read numerous posts this week about how great Kosi was in the ruck...
The position of Ruck rather than the facet of play.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I dont think we can just keep Allen because he stops another person matching up on Rooy. He needs to get some possessions and goals and he has had neither the last 2 weeks.

Outs Allen, Jimmy
Ins MG Schneider
Yeah, although RL might keep it to 1 change only. Could be any combination of the names mentioned !!
Just why do you think RL would keep it to just one change only???

Both players did not perform IMO

Gwilt 9 Disposals (god knows how many of those were effective) 4 frees against and 2 tackles...

Allen 4 Disposals with 1 tackle

Yeah if you and others believe that these two players are worthy of playing against a side that has only lost 2 matches and AGAIN if you believe that RL has some kind of belief that he will only keep it to one change......

well F*** me I would be speechless ....

those two players under performed and we are up against a side that has only lost 2 matches and you believe he will only make ONE change???????

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
BallBanger
Club Player

Why, with gwilt we're playing 1 short

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

BallBanger wrote:Why, with gwilt we're playing 1 short
Watch him, if he plays this week. If he gets a shot, he will impress.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

St Fidelius wrote:
Eastern wrote:

Outs Allen, Jimmy
Ins MG Schneider
Yeah, although RL might keep it to 1 change only. Could be any combination of the names mentioned !!
Just why do you think RL would keep it to just one change only???

Both players did not perform IMO

Gwilt 9 Disposals (god knows how many of those were effective) 4 frees against and 2 tackles...
Allen 4 Disposals with 1 tackle

Yeah if you and others believe that these two players are worthy of playing against a side that has only lost 2 matches and AGAIN if you believe that RL has some kind of belief that he will only keep it to one change......

well F*** me I would be speechless ....

those two players under performed and we are up against a side that has only lost 2 matches and you believe he will only make ONE change???????
Herald Sun lists Gwilt's effectiveness at 78%. So 7 of his 9 disposals either hit their target short/medium, or were long kicks that weren't direct turnovers gaining field position.

Of some concern is that with 6 Clangers to his name, taking 4 of them for the frees, his other 2 disposals were direct turnovers. In perspective, Raph Clarke gets chewed up on here for hi 2 clanger games when he has 15-16 touches... in more useful comparison, AFL backmen average 80+% effectiveness, Gwilt's at 79.

I won't be surprised at all if Gwilt gets dropped, but I won't be surprised if he doesn't either... the argument for, IMO, isn't that he had a shocker, it's that his performance has steadily declined since he played very servicable games against the Dogs and Swans. His disposals have dropped off, his contested possessions have dropped off, and his disposal has been fair rather than damaging. The Carlton game is a spike in his clanger and FA count, so there's reason to think it's a one off, and reason to keep faith with Gwilt... but we do have some quality players on the sideline, and being in the side for "structure" is a shaky way to cement a spot.

At the same time, it's been working, so I won't be surprised if Lyon makes a couple of changes... or none.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
emmdee
Club Player

IMHO I reckon Birss is stiff , not much mention of him playing this week against Hawks but he has a mature body, can be accountable...more importantly he is kicking goals as a mid/tagging player ie. his match up must be accountable ( ie Gram on Judd last week). We must be proactive and let opposition be reactive...plus he has been in best (I think?} for casey last few games. Anyone agree or am I missing something....

Rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Would only make 1 change this week as it was a good win against Carlton and 3 on the trot is good, steady form coming into a crunch game...

Allen has struggled and is a fair way off it at the moment, and while i think he has the tools to make it, 2009 onwards is his time frame... Gardiner should be brought in to ruck against their 2 big, but overrated boys Taylor and Cambell...

This is Hawthorns weakest link, with both ruckmen just big bodies and nothing else.. They dont win many possesions and do well in clearances like Hudson and Charman... We should look to exploit them...

Unlike the cats and bulldogs, the Hawks have alot of players I belive are way going along for the ride and are actually pretty crap... I'm refering to the Ladsons, Clarks and the rest pf their backline aside from Croad (including Brown who is a skilless desperado)... We should put pressure on these weak links and they will crack... Notice how many times Clinton Young stuffed up for them in their 2 losses.. Massive clanger maker...

Out: Allen, In: Gardiner...

Saints by 32....

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert Max Dempster
BJ Blake S Fisher

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Depends on who is fit:

In: Clarke R, Clarke X, Baker, Gardiner M
Out: Gilbert, Gwilt, Allen, Eddy

If X and Baker are unfit, then Gilbert (oh dear - at least four gifted goals) and Eddy (bit slow) play.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Gilbert Max Dempster
BJ Blake S Fisher
if we drop gwilt and allen we might need gilbert, bj or s. fisher in attack, depending on roo and kosi's roles.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Change a winning team at your peril..only an outright star gets automatic inclusion. Looking purely at form outside of the seniors, Geary and Birss are next in line. I would definately not bring another tall in against Hawthorn..Gwilt has a strong body and should remain in the team, and Allen as a tall forward means pressure on the opposition to match up on him, which takes a bit of pressure off Roo and Kozi.