Saints settle with Thomas

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

RedWhiteBlack
Club Player

Saints settle with Thomas

Just got the following press release forwarded to me from a mate:

[quote]St Kilda Football Club has today reached a mutually agreeable position with Grant Thomas and will now settle the case out of Court for an undisclosed sum.

Saints CEO, Archie Fraser said, “We respect that this has been a difficult time for Grant, and for the Club, and are glad that we have now reached a resolution.â€

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Your mate left the last par off the end

"Unofficial St Kilda fan Forum Saintsational however will continue to keep the flame burning, blathering on for years to come about him"

Oh and if Grant IS ever welcomed back to the fold, I trust the Club will have the decency to advise the mods here 7 days in advance . We have a fallout shelter exclusively for our use buried 2kms below TD for just such an occasion...stocked with enough food and drink (beer) to last 30 years. Should JUST last :P;-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
RBnW
Club Player

good that the club is not spending any more of our dollars in the courts lets hope that is the end of this sorry and sad saga........

Our best is yet
to come......
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Sack Lyon.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
RBnW
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Sack Lyon.
how does a post about this get a post like that.....you have an ability to turn a positive into a negative faster than Lenny takes it out of the middle....

Our best is yet
to come......
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Great news.

A mature response from the club to welcome him back into the fold, too.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

RBnW wrote:
how does a post about this get a post like that.....you have an ability to turn a positive into a negative faster than Lenny takes it out of the middle....
I think it is called sarcasim.

RBnW
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
RBnW wrote:
You can get cream for that....

Our best is yet
to come......
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
RBnW wrote:
sack RBnW and plugger66.

And dont you just hate sarcasim in posts plugger?????

Can we please now put the GT/RB hatefest/court preceedings/bizarre love triangle to bed for bloody ever??????

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote: A mature response from the club to welcome him back into the fold, too.
I sure the club hasn't quite been squeezed until the pips squeak yet???

Must be some more ca$h for the saviour of St.Kilda??? :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
RBnW wrote:
sack RBnW and plugger66.

Can we please now put the GT/RB hatefest/court preceedings/bizarre love triangle to bed for bloody ever??????
Not me, never. That is on the sarcasim part not the GT part.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
RBnW wrote:
sack RBnW and plugger66.

Not me, never. That is on the sarcasim part not the GT part.
see post above either can I. :D

Lance or James??

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:We have a fallout shelter exclusively for our use buried 2kms below TD for just such an occasion...stocked with enough food and drink (beer) to last 30 years. Should JUST last :P;-)
I'll see you there, perhaps we should hang out there while we wait for our next flag? :)

RBnW
Club Player

This is a great start to a big weekend for the footy club i would think that the players would be pleased that the club has closed the doors on this and that he will be welcomed back.....that will be big for a few of the players who were and still are close to him....
With this gone it takes away another distraction before a big game that when we win on Saturday can set us up for a top 4 spot.....
Its a good sign, a good sign.....shows maturity, not something we have been great at over the years.

Our best is yet
to come......
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

RBnW wrote:i would think that the players would be pleased that the club has closed the doors on this and that he will be welcomed back.....that will be big for a few of the players who were and still are close to him....
Maybe it's me, but I don't believe that statement (as quoted in the op) says anything of the sort.

I'm pretty sure that teh actual statement said
'we look forward to a time when Grant and his family will be welcome back....'

That's a far cry from saying he is welcome back.

In fact I think it says that at the moment he is not welcome.
Maybe I'm misreading it?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I dont think the players would even slightly care that they have settled and eventually he may be welcome back to the club. Some still see him I have no doubt so what does it matter if he goes to a function. Players dont care about that stuff. They may have when he was sacked but not now.

Top4King
Club Player

so, how much did he get?

10,000?
20,000?
30,000?
50,000?
60,000?

>less legal costs.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

I assume what the court 'granted' him plus his costs.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

if he does come back he better PAY FOR THE MEMBERSHIPS HIMSELF

and if he's so keen on honouring debts, he does the right thing and pay RB back.

its one thing to blather on about what you are owed, but if you don't pay your debts thats a crock of shyte.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

We look forward to a time when Grant and his family are welcomed back to the St Kilda fold.â€

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
hobbo
Club Player

i would be happy to see grant back in the coaches box :D

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:if he does come back he better PAY FOR THE MEMBERSHIPS HIMSELF

and if he's so keen on honouring debts, he does the right thing and pay RB back.

its one thing to blather on about what you are owed, but if you don't pay your debts thats a crock of shyte.
We dont agree on much Dan.

We agree on that though. Well said.

“Yeah….nah””
howlinwolf
Club Player

I thought Archie was very diplomatic in his summary. Bordering on a little too diplomatic.

But that's obviously to diffuse the current media attention on the issue.
To be truthful I'd find it hard to believe he'd be welcome with open arms in the near future.

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy our genuine chance years with him in 2004/2005.
I do however remember a stoic statement he made though.
He said at at that time that if St Kilda didn't win not one, but multiple Premiership Cups with the list they had they would have failed.
I was sort of filled with hope but....
In hindsight, a huge statement. Obviously never fulfilled. Even in the least part.
One single Cup. Not even...

Tonight had me wondering... has there been another club that has had a "family" member take them to task as GT has ?
Can't think of one at the moment. It has been a big week though.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
RBnW wrote:i would think that the players would be pleased that the club has closed the doors on this and that he will be welcomed back.....that will be big for a few of the players who were and still are close to him....
Maybe it's me, but I don't believe that statement (as quoted in the op) says anything of the sort.

I'm pretty sure that teh actual statement said
'we look forward to a time when Grant and his family will be welcome back....'

That's a far cry from saying he is welcome back.

In fact I think it says that at the moment he is not welcome.
Maybe I'm misreading it?
How I saw it too Magic.

Very diplomatic way of saying...time heals all wounds......but time will be required......

Id personally wait till the Ozone layer gets fixed by the carbon trading scheme then wheel him back in......

“Yeah….nah””