Saints settle with Thomas

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GreatNo9s
Club Player

I had heard reports that we were going to appeal so I'm glad have put this to bed quickly

The way I see it is both sides had a dispute, both tried to settle, both had our day in court and the judge ruled. That's the way it's supposed to work.

Personally I like the fact that Westaway and his board accepted the decision - shows some class that we have lacked in the past

I know our Board has its critics on here - especially low profile Westaway adopts - but I do like the fact that we have some actual leadership at the top

Who is the best number 9 for the Saints ?
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

As far as I am concerned he can piss off. Never do anything to harm the club, what a load of crock :roll:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:As far as I am concerned he can piss off. Never do anything to harm the club, what a load of crock :roll:
Yeah I agree Bev. The guys just spun so much clap trap throughout the his tenure that you read some of it now and wonder why you never bought a vaccum cleaner off him...

But some will continue to need to believe cause they need the reassurance a strong, manipulative character like Thomas can provide......weve seen that often through history..

“Yeah….nah””
crowjelly
Club Player

"He's not the Messiah, he's just a naughty little boy"
Monty Python- The Life of Grant circa 1979

I'm loving this - underdogs at 3 to 1, grand final experience in our favor and Pies over confident. Go Saints - I'm loading up!
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Can't believe this thread has hit 2 pages...

Then again :roll:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Grant Thomas - the best there is!!!!

Or so goes the sig of one of his more vocal supporters. :D :D

If he is so good why did not one other team pick him up as coach?

Says it all.

Grant Thomas - bigger spiv than Spider Everitt.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Coz he promised that he'd never coach another team :lol:

It's not as if he needs the money :shock:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Can't believe this thread has hit 2 pages...

Then again :roll:
Keep responding Wayne...we'll get it to three yet... :lol:

“Yeah….nah””
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Doing my best :wink:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Coz he promised that he'd never coach another team :lol:
Yeah just like he promised never to do anything to hurt the Saints :D

At least he kept the quoted promise - with a little help from the other 15 AFL clubs who can obviously spot a man of honour and his word and would have know it was pointless to offer "The best there is" $400k to coach again.

he would have refused - surely. :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

The "conflakes man" strike back :twisted:

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Grant Thomas - 2 hundred k's :shock:

Sorry, couldn't help myself :wink:

RBnW
Club Player

GreatNo9s wrote:I had heard reports that we were going to appeal so I'm glad have put this to bed quickly

The way I see it is both sides had a dispute, both tried to settle, both had our day in court and the judge ruled. That's the way it's supposed to work.

Personally I like the fact that Westaway and his board accepted the decision - shows some class that we have lacked in the past

I know our Board has its critics on here - especially low profile Westaway adopts - but I do like the fact that we have some actual leadership at the top
I am just glad its over with....Westernway and the board have shown that they can and will fix things and make things happen.....good leadership on this they have closed it off and announced it without any fuss, we have a massive game tomorrow and that is where the focus should be.....not on this kind of thing.....well done by the board and Werstenway he is my BP the quiet acheiver :roll: :roll:

Our best is yet
to come......
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

hobbo wrote:i would be happy to see grant back in the coaches box :D
Welcome aboard Hobbo :D

Thomas, while controversial, was a Saints man through and through. Too bad it ended the way it did. The club has certainly taken on a mature, no fuss and clinical approach to a situation that could have gotten out of hand. I wouldn't object seeing GT back in some form or another in the years to come.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
If he is so good why did not one other team pick him up as coach?

Says it all.
like Sheeds and Pagan hey Joffa??? :roll: :roll:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Top4King
Club Player

extorted another $50,000 from the club.
thanks for nothing GT !

asiu

:lol:

go grant .....i mean saints

just beat the dawkers ffs.....otherwise mum will be on the phone to say ...hello!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
RBnW wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Sack Lyon.
how does a post about this get a post like that.....you have an ability to turn a positive into a negative faster than Lenny takes it out of the middle....
I think it is called sarcasim.
No its not. I know for a fact that it has everything to do with how tight the mankini is !!

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Sarcasim ???
Is that Osama's brother?

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
kaos theory
Club Player

I hope the slimey blood sucking leech, who would gladly bleed the club dry if he could, is never welcomed back.

hmm.... I guess that's not very diplomatic.

Let me try again:

"I look forward to a time when Grant and his family are welcomed back to the St Kilda fold"

JeffDunne

Grant Thomas will always be on the St Kilda FC Honour Roll and his service to the club will be recognised long after we're all gone.

The hate filled minority won't change that so they better learn to deal with it.

RBnW
Club Player

kaos theory wrote:I hope the slimey blood sucking leech, who would gladly bleed the club dry if he could, is never welcomed back.

hmm.... I guess that's not very diplomatic.

Let me try again:

"I look forward to a time when Grant and his family are welcomed back to the St Kilda fold"
Either way its a lot better that 'Saints Appeal and keep fighting Ex Coach in the Courts' as a headline on the day of a massive game for the club.
The board have done the right thing here, it is gone and everyone can move on, isnt that what we voted for....... Footy First, this does put Footy First and shows the board are mature and willing to move on :roll: 8-) 8-)

Our best is yet
to come......
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Pagan and Sheedy have been around the traps, and have are "yesterday's" men.

Gt was a revolutionary man manager who had only coached for 5 years and still young.

He introduced some cutting edge ideas such as:
-rotating Captains,
-Being jack-of-all trades,
-mouthing off at umpires so that they'd be more favourable to our players,
-taking the team on life changing trips to China and Sth Africa (paid in part by the club with funds that could have been spent on the footy dept), which btw have made us one of the most "grounded" and "wordly" mid table teams in the comp.
-intrdouced the concept of 1-year assistant coaching apprenticeships,

It's no wonder that he sued the club given the value he provided and it astounds me that no other club has asked hin to coach.

In short...

He took us to 3 finals series... took us to 2 prelims... and now has taken us to the cleaners.

No one will deny what he did, how we bought some repectability to our club.

It's his actions after he was terminated that really shows his true worth.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

The hate filled minority won't change that so they better learn to deal with it.

Thank you for the "life" lesson oh mighty one.

It's not hate. I don't hate the man, I merely do not respect him as I once did.

I don't give a F*** which honour board his name's on... he will be judged by his deeds.

If I were in his shoes, I'd be ashamed to walk back into the club.

I suspect the Wayne Carey features prominently on North's Honour Board, so I guess he won't be remembered by the way he exited the club :roll:

Shaggy
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:It's his actions after he was terminated that really shows his true worth.
And you are such a good bloke that you would not claim your legal entitlements from a former employer even if you were sacked, banned from corporate functions, told to stay away from your past colleagues and then had your next high paying job scuttled by your former directors.

Yeah right.

Time to move on but some should be a bit more realistic about how they would most likely behave in a similar situation.