Fiora..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:You know what You've convicned me, Fiora should be in the team, and so should Rix, he always tries hard.

You know what actually, all our players deserve a gig, do you think the AFL will let us play with 40 men this week I hope so.
Why should Rix be in? Has King and Kosi not been rucking well?

Have you seen or heard how Fiora has been going for the Scorps?

Reports are he has been a cut above all other contenders for the position at the Scorps.

WHo are you to think you know more than the selection panel? Who are you to know more than posters who go to almost every Scorps game?

But carry on with you pathetic asanine banalities and idiotic turgid and moronic proclimations.

Thats right, show us all how much you know. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Armoooo wrote:You know what You've convicned me, Fiora should be in the team, and so should Rix, he always tries hard.

You know what actually, all our players deserve a gig, do you think the AFL will let us play with 40 men this week I hope so.
Why should Rix be in? Has King and Kosi not been rucking well?

Have you seen or heard how Fiora has been going for the Scorps?

Reports are he has been a cut above all other contenders for the position at the Scorps.

WHo are you to think you know more than the selection panel? Who are you to know more than posters who go to almost every Scorps game?

But carry on with you pathetic asanine banalities and idiotic turgid and moronic proclimations.

Thats right, show us all how much you know. :roll: :roll: :roll:
I've been to quite a few Casey games this year, mostly because they are only a 10 minute drive away and Fiora has been very good I will not deny that. But to me he looks like he is in the level he deserves to be in along with Raph. But to me, IMO, Birss, Geary and even Armitage when he was there have all appeared to be a cut above the rest.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
I've been to quite a few Casey games this year, mostly because they are only a 10 minute drive away and Fiora has been very good I will not deny that. But to me he looks like he is in the level he deserves to be in along with Raph. But to me, IMO, Birss, Geary and even Armitage when he was there have all appeared to be a cut above the rest.
Armitage is in the 22. Geary has not shown much in the seniors and McQualterr and Dempster are doing the job as taggers.

The report was that against the Devils Fiora won the game out of the centre in the third and fourth quarters.

The selection committee agreed. Do you think that it is wrong to reward a player who , by reports, was BOG against the Devils and a cut above Geary and Birss?

What message would it send to the Saints reserves? You play better than anyone else on the ground but dont get a gig? Hmm nice way to destroy confidence of the players.

Why be so dismissive? Why not have faith? Why you a ridiculous argument about putting Rix in?

The howls about Dempster were so loud earlier this year you could hardly hear anything else. Where are the howls now?

Fiora is on his last chance. Was dropped earlier this year, and has now show courage and character not to drop his bundle and fight his way back into the team. Give the bloke his one last chance and stop being so negative and critical.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Armoooo wrote:
mbogo wrote:Armoo for coach - we need arrogant morons running the club - too boring otherwise!
Loud-mouthed supporters are always wiser than the selection panel!
Gee it will be fun watching listening to the anti-fizz brigade Sat night FFS!
Thanks for your support Mrs. Fiora.
No problems supercoach!
Are you gonna call out Fiona like the other rabble troglodytes - some of whom seem to have jumped ship from Richmond?
Not even a Fiora fan - he is clearly no number 3 but FFS give him a go at number 22! He might make it - plenty have later in their careers.
Not happy with the coach or panel over the past month? Write an application, supercoach!

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:The report was that against the Devils Fiora won the game out of the centre in the third and fourth quarters.
Was named 5th best.

One would expect that the others were named ahead of him because of 4 quarter efforts, but that said, in the quarters where they were playing well, we were still getting done.

At his best, Fiora is a gamebreaker. At worst, he's a moving traffic cone.

I know what I hope to see this saturday evening. I can't say that others will be wanting the same. I'm sure there are people here that want to see him fail miserably, just to prove themselves right.

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

If Fiora kicks ONE important goal and we win - the coach has been shown to be correct!

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
The report was that against the Devils Fiora won the game out of the centre in the third and fourth quarters.

The selection committee agreed. Do you think that it is wrong to reward a player who , by reports, was BOG against the Devils and a cut above Geary and Birss?

What message would it send to the Saints reserves? You play better than anyone else on the ground but dont get a gig? Hmm nice way to destroy confidence of the players.
That is interesting that you say that, this is from the Scorpians offical site...
Scorpions lift in second half wrote:Adam Fiora cruising around the wing and half forward. Fiora wound up with 26 possessions, but he was a fair way behind Jarryn Geary. The young right-footer had 24 kicks and 14 handballs, a 40-disposal day garnished with five tackles and two goals.

Birss had 37 possessionsand laid 10 tackles, and Dunne had 26 touches and took 15 marks.

The Devils were brave and did not deserve the vulgar language directed their way from a handful of beer-swilling ferals on the balcony of the social club.

The Scorpions play Werribee at Chirnside Park on Sunday.

Casey Scorpions 5.5 6.8 15.15 20.17 (137) d Tasmania 3.1 10.5 11.6 15.7 (97)

Goals: Casey Scorpions: Dunne 4 Birss 3 Gardiner 2 Fiora 2 Geary 2 Rix 2 Parker 2 Matthews 2 McEvoy

Best: Casey Scorpions: Geary Birss Dunne Schneider Fiora Taylor.

$1000 Leader player-of-the-year award (votes by Paul Amy): 3 Shane Birss, 2 Chris Dunne, 1 Jarryn Geary.

Progressive: 12 Birss, 9 Silvagni, Rix, 7 Gwilt, McQualter, 6 Jones, 4 Wall, Gardiner, Geary 3 Ferguson, R Clarke, 2 Dunne, Fisher, Milne, Armitage, McEvoy, Allen, 1 Panozza, Matthews, Howard, Taylor.

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:
joffaboy wrote:The report was that against the Devils Fiora won the game out of the centre in the third and fourth quarters.
Was named 5th best.

One would expect that the others were named ahead of him because of 4 quarter efforts, but that said, in the quarters where they were playing well, we were still getting done.

At his best, Fiora is a gamebreaker. At worst, he's a moving traffic cone.

I know what I hope to see this saturday evening. I can't say that others will be wanting the same. I'm sure there are people here that want to see him fail miserably, just to prove themselves right.
That is absolutely ridiculus and you know it, I would put the St Kilda footy club far ahead of my own 'online reputation', half the people on this site don't give a toss about what I have to say anway.

I would love if he could come good and become a valuble member of our starting 22 but I don't see that happening, but I think Geary and Birss could quite easily...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote: half the people on this site don't give a toss about what I have to say anway.

for once you got something right boy....... :twisted: :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

No one here has said that both Geary and Birss are not a big part of our future - hopefully they are both going to be brilliant - but we are talking here about this week and the selections and match up perceptions of the coaching panel. Nothing else!

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

mbogo wrote:No one here has said that both Geary and Birss are not a big part of our future - hopefully they are both going to be brilliant - but we are talking here about this week and the selections and match up perceptions of the coaching panel. Nothing else!
That is what I have been talking about all along, Geary and Birss have been in Casey's best for the past few weeks.
Birss did nothing wrong the week he was dropped and most people on Saintsational were disappointed that he was given the chop. He must be wondering what he has to do. In my oopinion this must be personal or about discipline or something like that because surely he has earnt selection by not...

markp
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote: asanine banalities and idiotic turgid and moronic proclimations.
Sounds like the line-up to a death metal gig....

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:That is absolutely ridiculus and you know it, I would put the St Kilda footy club far ahead of my own 'online reputation', half the people on this site don't give a toss about what I have to say anway.
Perhaps not you, but I'm sure there are egotistical saints fans out there who bask in glory when players they bag out regularly, play poorly. e.g. Fiora, Raph, Blake.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Maybe look at it this way....

That Geary, Schneider, Birrs and Fiora all played well enough to justify senior selection...and that two of thim did get promoted.

This is actually a good thing....much better than having no one pushing for senior selection.

Which two probably in large part was decided by the roles that Lyon wants done in the seniors.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Fri 18 Jul 2008 10:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Good to see the bagging of individuals is alive and well on this site.......

Maybe Fiora can come round to your workplaces and mercilessly bag you saying you're not worth a pinch of sh*t to your organisation.

That's if the majority of you internet keyboard warriors actually work......

At last... some sanity prevails.

Doesn't take much heart and soul to sign a dole form.

OOh yeah! Give it to me JB. Luv it.

Problem there is, that I am better at my job than he is at his. I put my whole heart and soul into my work.

Contender for Moronic Post of The Week. :roll:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

mbogo wrote:If Fiora kicks ONE important goal and we win - the coach has been shown to be correct!
If we win full stop the coach is correct :wink:

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Everybody's talkin' about Geary, Geary...

All we are saying: Is give Fizz a chance

John Lennon, you will not be forgotten :)

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
mbogo wrote:No one here has said that both Geary and Birss are not a big part of our future - hopefully they are both going to be brilliant - but we are talking here about this week and the selections and match up perceptions of the coaching panel. Nothing else!
That is what I have been talking about all along, Geary and Birss have been in Casey's best for the past few weeks.
Birss did nothing wrong the week he was dropped and most people on Saintsational were disappointed that he was given the chop. He must be wondering what he has to do. In my oopinion this must be personal or about discipline or something like that because surely he has earnt selection by not...
How dont you get it?

Birss and Geary (at this stage anyways) are COMPLETELY different players that that of Fiora.

Same reason why we dont play 22 forwards....Team Balance.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Everybody's talkin' about Geary, Geary...

John Lennon, you will not be forgotten :)
I love it :)

Keep up the good work.

mick13
Club Player

Soo if Fiora gets it 5 times, but kicks 2 late goals and we win.

We happy with that?

TBH i wouldnt care if he didnt touch it all night and managed to kick the winning goal.

I reckon he'll put in a good game though. Career on the line for him.

RBnW
Club Player

He is such a good kick, just hope he plays for his life tonight, this has to be his last chance to shine and show lyon that he is an AFL player, playing for his spot and a contract for next year.....cant be any more motivation to play well than that....good luck Fiz :) :( :P :evil: :wink:

Our best is yet
to come......
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

If he does what he's asked of, and keeps his spot next week, regardless of how many touches, kicks, or goals...

Then he's obviously had a good game regardless of our opinions.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

mick13 wrote:Soo if Fiora gets it 5 times, but kicks 2 late goals and we win.

We happy with that?
Yes, has been played very much as a pinch hitter. As long as he doesn't make too many mistakes when he hasn't got the ball.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

he misses alot of goals, if he kicks 75% of his shots, then he'll be a big contributer

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saintbob
SS Life Member

S.A Saint wrote:mate i am not happy with the selection of fiora especially when geary and birss have been playing better than him at the scorps.
I'm with you, where the hell did Fiora's selection come from.

And after tonights effort, surely he won't be seen again in the saints colours!!!