Do we barrack for Syd or Ade this weekend.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

villasaint
Club Player

ADELAIDE

ctqs
Club Player

As much as I hate Adelaide and Carlton, I will always barrack for what's in the Saints' best interests. So if a Crows win gives us a crack at fourth, then go Crows!
And as for the person who said losing 97 was part of the charm of the club, I haven't heard crap like that since some idiot in the Victory Room said a couple of months back that he didn't want to make the finals.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

It does read badly...I mean charm of the club as that even though Grand Final appearances have been as rare as diamonds, we can still look ahead and barrack for the best interest of the club, regardless of old foes and the wounds they've left. I should choose a better use of words in the future.

Still, I think Saturday arvo's outcome really determines who we want to win. If we beat WCE, then logically a Crows win is in our best interest. If results don't go our way and top four is no longer on the radar...then maybe Swans.

Apologies if this has already been covered.

GO SAINTERS!!! :D :D :D

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Yes, it would kill me to barrack for the Swans, it would be like ripping my guts out, but if it was the best thing for the Saints, I could do it...I am already contradicting myself as we speak but when crunch time comes, you've got to do what you've got to do for your club.

Now I think about it, it's not even barracking, it's just hoping results fall your way.

HarveysDeciple

evertonfc wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:Also 4th place means we play Geelong in the first week - and win - we go on to have a week off - lose and we dont meet Geelong until the Grand final (if they get through).
Yep. Geelong in the first week isn't such a bad thing - it means (provided we won our home final the next week) we'd play either Hawthorn or the Dogs for a spot in the Grand Final - where anything could happen.

That's why fourth is worth its weight in gold this year.
correct.

Wouldn't predict a win in that cats final, but we wouldn't have to leave Melbourne at all if we finished 4th.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Ill be barracking for St Kilda this weekend. I would sooner eat a rotten roadkill skunk's asshole than "support" the Crows or Swans

As long as we play good footy and keep winning we will be ok come finals time. let the results go the way they will go.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Garibaldi
Club Player

I cant go for Adelaide and my daughter goes for the Swans. Sooner she moves out of home the better really. I cant go on pretending.
I know, old thread but I've been out of action for a while.

boo effin hoo
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:Also 4th place means we play Geelong in the first week - and win - we go on to have a week off - lose and we dont meet Geelong until the Grand final (if they get through).
Yep. Geelong in the first week isn't such a bad thing - it means (provided we won our home final the next week) we'd play either Hawthorn or the Dogs for a spot in the Grand Final - where anything could happen.

That's why fourth is worth its weight in gold this year.
correct.

Wouldn't predict a win in that cats final, but we wouldn't have to leave Melbourne at all if we finished 4th.

Yes our game against the Pies is shaping asa HUGELY important game for us.

I fancy that the Swans will lose at least two more games as they have a few cracks and have some tough games:
ADELAIDE
WESTERN BULLDOGS
FREMANTLE
GEELONG
COLLINGWOOD
BRISBANE LIONS

The Pies too have a tougher run home than the Saints.

ESSENDON
HAWTHORN
ST KILDA

PORT ADELAIDE
SYDNEY SWANS
FREMANTLE

The Saints by contrast have a very good run home.....IF we are good enough we have an excellent crack at getting fourth. But we have to play well as teams like the Dons would love to beat us and od course the Pies will be up and about.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Raven
Club Player

Hurricane wrote:Ill be barracking for St Kilda this weekend. I would sooner eat a rotten roadkill skunk's asshole than "support" the Crows or Swans
Hmm, you seem like some kind of... angry nerd... who likes Nintendo...

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Raven wrote:
Hurricane wrote:Ill be barracking for St Kilda this weekend. I would sooner eat a rotten roadkill skunk's asshole than "support" the Crows or Swans
Hmm, you seem like some kind of... angry nerd... who likes Nintendo...
An Atari, Sega nerd?

Yes I do, but the point still stands

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Doesnt matter now top 4 gone so we are just making up numbers now

Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

Go Sydney...

mick13
Club Player

SYDNEY!

kalsaint
Club Player

Still haven't forgotten the 97 result but nowasays hate Shyteney even more due to AFL influence to ensure they go well.

I just hope they draw and bash each other senseless and wait with baited breath for the lack of penalty both sides will get for their actions.

We cant rely on getting 4th position when we are so soft in the heads against lowly opposition. We are likely to beat better sides but this is meningless when rsults like today occur.

I am sick of their inconsistent efforts and ability to win only 2 quarters per game. This wont amount to much in finals time.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency