Saints in the wet..a great test

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jackal
Club Player

Saints in the wet..a great test

I am starting to look forward to watching the saints in the flesh and see just where we stand going into the last month of the regular season.

The weather may be poor and it was in these conditions that the Eagles pinched one of their 2 wins, a mauling of an (up to that game) flying Crow outfit that had spanked them earlier that season.

I have always been of the belief that the better players and teams handle these conditions better and a win will be a good indicator as to where the boys really are at.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Straight from BOM...

Perth
Saturday Fine. Min 5 Max 18

Bring back the Lockett era
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Football is a winter game but i much prefer watching it in Telstra Dome like conditions,glad the BOM predicts a fine day on Saturday.....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Batnoe

i want find conditions, it is easier to kick a higher score and win by 189 points

if it is wet we will only win by 120

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Does anyone else think we deserve to lose this week due to our arrogance?

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Does anyone else think we deserve to lose this week due to our arrogance?
Luckily the supporters dont play.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Does anyone else think we deserve to lose this week due to our arrogance?
Armoooo !!

It might pay to re-read your OP. Also, this forum allows you to edit and/or modify your posts :shock: :shock: :roll: !!

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Armoooo !!

It might pay to re-read your OP. Also, this forum allows you to edit and/or modify your posts :shock: :shock: :roll: !!
Pardon?

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
Eastern wrote:
Armoooo !!

Pardon?
My reading of your OP suggests that you want us to LOSE. This site is for fans of St KILDA. That crap suggests you are NOT !!

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
Eastern wrote:
Armoooo !!

Pardon?
My reading of your OP suggests that you want us to LOSE. This site is for fans of St KILDA. That crap suggests you are NOT !!
Believe me I want us to win by well over 100 points, I would absolutely love it, but you can never put the points on the board before the match has begun...

This season has seen a lot of surprises (coll v Geel, WBD v StK, Freo V Melb, StK v Haw).

We really need to respect every team in the competition especially when we are about to play them. This ensures that we wont look foolishly arrogant and hopefully we could remain humble even after a good win...

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:This season has seen a lot of surprises (coll v Geel, WBD v StK, Freo V Melb, StK v Haw).
I dont think there have been that many surprises - Collingwood always step up against Geelong - remember last year they took them to close to a kick of not being the Grand final. As it turns out Freo and Melbourn was really just another game between two of the worst teams this year. WBD played a style of game that we could not match for 4 quarters and as for last week - pfft - If you turned up expecting us to lose against the Hawks I pity you - I told a lady at dinner that we would win by 5 goals (should have also told her the Tatts numbers)

Play according to what we know we can do and we WILL come away with the points - re-organise our team to cut them out of the game and play to their strengths and we could lose

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:
Armoooo wrote:This season has seen a lot of surprises (coll v Geel, WBD v StK, Freo V Melb, StK v Haw).
I dont think there have been that many surprises - Collingwood always step up against Geelong - remember last year they took them to close to a kick of not being the Grand final. As it turns out Freo and Melbourn was really just another game between two of the worst teams this year. WBD played a style of game that we could not match for 4 quarters and as for last week - pfft - If you turned up expecting us to lose against the Hawks I pity you - I told a lady at dinner that we would win by 5 goals (should have also told her the Tatts numbers)

Play according to what we know we can do and we WILL come away with the points - re-organise our team to cut them out of the game and play to their strengths and we could lose
It was a surprise that Collingwood could win by 87 or so points, it was a surprise that Melbourne came back from like 60 points down, as for the dogs and hawks games, I went in to the dogs game very confident and at qtr I thought it was a matter of how many, they managed to cause a HUGE turnaround just like we were with the hawks, they were all huge surprises...

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Agree Armooo..the dogs game in round 3 and last week were great examples...just wouldn't pick the turnaround in a million years...more nervous this week against the eagles than last week against the Hawks...all to do with expectations and the consequences of losing the gimme games...don't assume anything and play your guts out as though your life depends on it...and tick it off as a win after the game...

If we don't push deep into the eight from here it would be a major disappointment...and we don't need any more for a year olr two :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

The only surprise about last week against the Hawks, was that they got so far ahead of us in the first half! We have a great record against the Hawks the last 10 years. Easy to say in retrospect, I know, but we always had it in the bag...didn't hesitate to tip us for a second.

Now...arrogance? Who's being arrogant? Seems a lot of posters here know we have a slightly less than 50/50 record against the Budgies, and that we can never take a game in the West likely. If we turn up to play, we deserve to win...if we come out like the Harlem Globetrotters, we deserve to lose. I doubt too many key players would have forgotten where we were a month ago, not to mention a year ago this time. The younger players are still playing for their spots...a possible spot in their first finals. I don't think anyone's seriously thinking we'll win by 10, just whatever it takes to get 4 point.

Saints in 20??
Club Player

one of the great things about the pressure on spots is that no one can be complacent about their positions in the team.
I don't think st.Kilda have been accused of arrogance too often, theres something very grounding about the gym at Morabbin. i think i'd like a bit MORE arrogance.

midas_touch
Club Player

Your a tosser mate.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
PLUGGER14
Club Player

Armoooo wrote: This season has seen a lot of surprises (coll v Geel, WBD v StK, Freo V Melb, StK v Haw).
Melb v Bris :!:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Weather Update,,,from BOM

Saturday Fine. Min 5 Max 18

So still no rain :)

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

midas_touch wrote:
Your a tosser mate.
Woah, I think that is a bit harsh...

I think I have been completely misinterpreted in this thread, I just had the feeling that a lot of supporters (myself included at some points) felt that this week was a given, but the fact is there is no such thing in the AFL...

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
midas_touch wrote:
Your a tosser mate.
Woah, I think that is a bit harsh...

I think I have been completely misinterpreted in this thread, I just had the feeling that a lot of supporters (myself included at some points) felt that this week was a given, but the fact is there is no such thing in the AFL...
Fair point.

If it was an opposition clubs supporter base doing the same to us we'd be up in arms calling them arrogant scum.

Pot.Kettle.Black

Having said that I hope we beat them by 136+ :wink:

Bring back the Lockett era
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Mate, I'll back you on this one...

It's not that you want us to lose, it's just that a lot of people are getting cocky after last week's win... in which Fiora played ok :wink:

I agree. A few weeks ago, we tlaking about tanking, sacking coaches etc. Now it's not "if" but "by how much".

Enthusiasm is great, but some perspective perrrleeeze :)

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.