FIORA The very end

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

aussiejones
Club Player

FIORA The very end

FIORA The very end............ just go

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

wasn't alone in terms of passengers but yes he sucked big c**k today

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Note to self: NEVER TAKE POODEWLLING RICHMOND REJECTS.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
tezza1
Club Player

As Ive said time and again . When you want him to stand up in a pressure game (not a game where we are on top and clearing the ball easily from congestion) he goes missing .

He did it again today . Doesnt man up , doesnt put on anywhere near the required pressure on the opposition . Not tough enough or good enough. But we keep perseverring with him . GO FIGURE

Go Sainters !!!!!
Lenny = legend
Club Player

bit harsh...it was lyon's fault for playing him deep in defence on their most dangerous player. what the **** was ross thinking.

If you are going to single out blokes...you'd have to mention michael gardiner. He has to go at the end of the year.

d roit
Club Player

Agreed.

I'm so dissappointed in so many players today. I thought we had finally reached a stage where players were forced to become accountable because of the strength of certain players either a) playing for the scorps or b) coming back from injury. Clearly the likes of Fiora and Schneider dont bleed for this club.

One great f***ing positive though was to see Robert Eddy's endeavour and hard at it approach today, undeniably earned a spot for the next few weeks.

midas_touch
Club Player

Fiora was bad, but we had heaps of other passengers today. The facts are, we took it too easy, and so didn't put in 100% effort. Hence we lost.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Today should have proved beyond doubt that several players will never make it at our club.

MG and AF

AS is not far behind. I know he is in his first year but he has done nothing to prove the Swines wrong.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Fiora was not actually our worst today....

Stats wise San Fisher had a blinder...but his ball use was terrible and he set up more goals than most WC players.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
patto
Club Player

Selhurst Saint wrote:Today should have proved beyond doubt that several players will never make it at our club.

MG and AF

AS is not far behind. I know he is in his first year but he has done nothing to prove the Swines wrong.
I hear ya... throw all 3 on the scrap heap

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

wouldn't shed any tears seeing the back of montagna either....

marksnsparks
Club Player

Jeez, the usual knee jerk reactions. The fact is we don't travel very well, and we have to deal with that. I thought even Rooey had a quiet mistake ridden game, and when he plays sh*t we lose.

Thought Milneys effort around the ground was top class though.

I agree about Fiora, better players in the Magoos like Birss.

Couldn't put up with that one eyed WA commentating on Foxtel though. Had to watch on mute.

On the positive side, we won a game we had pencilled in as a loss last week, and lost a game we had as a win this week. So were about even for the run home. :wink:

The Sainter
Club Player

There is no other team in the top 8 that Fiora would have a hope in hell of getting a game with. Why was he brought back last week is the question.
He has nothing to offer us for our future. Surely he must play out the rest of the year down at Casey now and then it's goodbye to him.

derby Street
Club Player

Why Ross played Fiora deep in defence is beyond me. Le Cras could have kicked 3 or 4 on him in the 3rd quarter yet they wouldn't move him.
He is not a defenders ring so don't play him there !

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

This thread was inevitable......

Bagging one of the bottom 6 players for losing......he is a fringe player, thats it....

Today, for the first and last time I watched the game at the social club on the big screen.....and Fiora (no matter what he did) was the villian...even when Lecras got a kick, and Fiora was not on him....and when he did something positive - NO one said a word - he has turned into the biggest scapegoat since Tim Elliott....

I say it again, he is a fringe player.....and NO way was he responsibe for the loss....he was not great, but better credentialled players were insipid!!!

Some players are protected here, some are victimised.....and some supporters are absolute morons......three things I learned from being at Moorrabbin today

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:This thread was inevitable......

Bagging one of the bottom 6 players for losing......he is a fringe player, thats it....

Today, for the first and last time I watched the game at the social club on the big screen.....and Fiora (no matter what he did) was the villian...even when Lecras got a kick, and Fiora was not on him....and when he did something positive - NO one said a word - he has turned into the biggest scapegoat since Tim Elliott....

I say it again, he is a fringe player.....and NO way was he responsibe for the loss....he was not great, but better credentialled players were insipid!!!

Some players are protected here, some are victimised.....and some supporters are absolute morons......three things I learned from being at Moorrabbin today
Agreed...Fiora was not a bad player today. Was ok. Was not good.

He also used the ball better than most...as most were shoddy today.

By contrast...Dal did not doa lot more despite havinga midfield role.

Armo did not win mych ball.

Gardi was dreadful.

Sam had a heap of the ball..but sprayed it everywhere.
Schneider was dreadful..far worse than Fiora.

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

BigMart wrote: I say it again, he is a fringe player.....and NO way was he responsibe for the loss....he was not great, but better credentialled players were insipid!!!

While I agree he had nothing to do with us losing the game- surely he was already skating on thin ice and lucky to get a game the last 2 weeks.

Has had ample chances to prove his worth- time to let someone else have a crack and move him on.

Who knows what potential future talent he is keeping out of the side??

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
4ever_saint
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: Schneider was dreadful..far worse than Fiora.
I think he also gave away the most free kicks by mine. was very undisciplined.

saintly_safes
Club Player

Adam Fiora wasnt great but he was far from our worst player today at least he tried to present & give a option not too many others did especiallly in the second half & as i said in previous messagge we were out on our feet by half time dont know if was jet lag the heat or media hype but they were going up & down in the one spot after half time & they knew it & put us to the sword

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

If you drew up a list of all 22 and rated them in terms of how they played today in terms of your relative expectation of what they would and should have delivered...Fiora's effort would have got an ok.

Many others would have received a mark of below average.
Several would have gained a fail.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

saintly_safes wrote:Adam Fiora wasnt great but he was far from our worst player today at least he tried to present & give a option not too many others did especiallly in the second half & as i said in previous messagge we were out on our feet by half time dont know if was jet lag the heat or media hype but they were going up & down in the one spot after half time & they knew it & put us to the sword
Adam Fiora :roll:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Lenny = legend wrote:what the **** was ross thinking.
Good question. Again, tactically, he is exposed by stupid decisions.

I'm not sure what posseses him to play players with zero defensive skills against those who posses pure attacking skills?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

wallbanger
Club Player

Just get rid of him. We constantly argue on here over Fiora - the only constant being that he continually puts in insipid, soft performances that are punctuated by the odd...very odd...game where he might perform. Then the arguments start over whether he should be persisted with or not.

Sick of people justifying his perfomance by more or less saying "he played to the level you would expect from him". Hello? It's about time he was told that that level is no where near good enough and shown the door.

Sick of putting up with substandard players who, deep down, we all know will never be the type of player we can rely on to take the team to the next level, and he is is clearly one in that category.

Whilst I have been critical of someone like Blake in the past, he has always had courage and stamina, and an ability to put his body on the line. Whilst his skill level has not always been great, skill levels can be taught/improved - when it comes to hardness, however, I believe you either have it or you don't.

This is Fiora's major downfall and always will be.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
tezza1
Club Player

Great Post Wallbanger

People can defend him , argue that he does enough for a fringe player ect vomit ect but

no one can deny that you are not 100% right!!!

Go Sainters !!!!!
kos
Club Player

fiora never deserved a recall last week on his performances in the vfl.
ross threw him in a side in good form to see if he could swim and he drowned.
geary or birss have been by far our 2 best players at casey and desrve their chance.
past experience tells us that fiora isnt up to the standard of football we are trying to implement, no defensive pressure, tackling poor, skills inconsistant and no guts n determination.

in saying all that i feel for fiora who dont get me wrong is a talent but just couldnt take the next step!