JUst before we all slash our wrists..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

JUst before we all slash our wrists..

Yep..Im shattered too dont get me wrong..it was my bloody birthday yesterday and thats the pressies I get...Grrr..great timing for our worst loss of the year :?

...but...

Was it just our turn for an "annus horribilis" game???

Every team this season has had a game that they would have thought was unlosable...Brizzy against Melbourne, North at Subi v Freo...Doggies today..etc etcetc. Have we had one of those games yet until yesterday? I dont think so.

So...lets not write the season off just yet. Did North after losing to Freo? Did Brisbane after losing to Melbourne?

I reckon its just that kind of year. Noone has dominated a game for 4 quarters. I cant remember a year with more last-half comebacks...and noones gone thru the year without dropping a gimme.

Weve now done it...so now we get on with the business of smashing Port!!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

A wake up call to the side and fans, you can't go in expecting a win, because then you will certainly lose.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

the team need to think theya re udnerdogs every week- they play better when not 'expected to'

happy birthday saint66au

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
sainters man
Club Player

I agree mate this weekend was a week of upsets!

Its amazing last week people were asking if we can win the flag and make top 4 and that, and after one lost, the world has come to a end!

Everyone is disapointed but bagging players, than next week, they do well jump back on board :roll: same people do it every week

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

We can't beat Port,we are their bunnies,i have no expectations for the game on Sunday..i'm preparing myself for a season ending loss....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Re: JUst before we all slash our wrists..

saint66au wrote:Every team this season has had a game that they would have thought was unlosable...Brizzy against Melbourne, North at Subi v Freo...Doggies today..etc etcetc. Have we had one of those games yet until yesterday? I dont think so.
The turn around after the quarter time lead against the dogs goes close...

Happy Birthday!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Re: JUst before we all slash our wrists..

cowboy18 wrote:
saint66au wrote:Every team this season has had a game that they would have thought was unlosable...Brizzy against Melbourne, North at Subi v Freo...Doggies today..etc etcetc. Have we had one of those games yet until yesterday? I dont think so.
The turn around after the quarter time lead against the dogs goes close...
I was just thinking that too...yup...this was at least our second 'stupid loss' of the year. So, we've got our bogey team this weekend, followed shortly after by another 3/1 free kick excusion West to take on Freo. Sigh. I was never hopeful about top 4, but I was certain we were gonna be a solid top 8...now I'm beginning to get very nervous indeed!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

We can't beat Port,we are their bunnies,i have no expectations for the game on Sunday..i'm preparing myself for a season ending loss....

Yup, them's fighting words. Good to see the positive support for our players. :roll:

One loss out of five, and all the Chicken Littles come out to tell us how the sky is falling.

FFS, do some people actually prefer we lose and go nowhere so that it allows them the opp to wallow in misery, and vent their personal frustration on the club?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:We can't beat Port,we are their bunnies,i have no expectations for the game on Sunday..i'm preparing myself for a season ending loss....

Yup, them's fighting words. Good to see the positive support for our players. :roll:

One loss out of five, and all the Chicken Littles come out to tell us how the sky is falling.

FFS, do some people actually prefer we lose and go nowhere so that it allows them the opp to wallow in misery, and vent their personal frustration on the club?
It's the TYPE of loss (i.e. pathetic, listless) as this point of the season, that's the depressing thing. Hopefully it's a wake-up, but as the big f***-off rooster of this forum, I'd still have to say, the sky is looking a little proppy. We'll all know after next weekend anyway, so 'nuff said.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Agree. But let's call it when it's over. We may win, or we may lose.

Was the result so bad because we all jumped the gun and were talking top 4? So it appears worse than it is?

Anyone would think that we lost by 20 goals FFS. On paper, we should have won. On paper we should have won 3 flags by now.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:We can't beat Port,we are their bunnies,i have no expectations for the game on Sunday..i'm preparing myself for a season ending loss....

357 posts in 20 days....thats verbal diarrhoea(on a keyboard)in my book..

keep it going dude...

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Yup, you're correct BM. Did you track all my posts? And find out how long I've been here? Sad, that you don't have anything better to do.

I'd rather ramble on and have some fun than be a sad negative sod, like some :D

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Yup, you're correct BM. Did you track all my posts? And find out how long I've been here? Sad, that you don't have anything better to do.

I'd rather ramble on and have some fun than be a sad negative sod, like some :D
Not that I'm against the philosophy of rambling, it's not exactly onerous to glance at the information to the left of all your posts and note the time you joined and how many posts you've made.

And if I click on "profile" I can even get this!

Total posts: 359 [0.20% of total / 17.10 posts per day]

Not wholly sure of the content, I'm more into the writing than the reading.

marksnsparks
Club Player

ON the subject of number of posts, congrats on the impending 10,000 post saint66au.

Should happen within a couple of weeks going by your run rate.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

357 posts in 20 days....thats verbal diarrhoea(on a keyboard)in my book..

Actually, I will elaborate a little...

I am a great believer in the Laws of the Universe. Especially the one which dictates that if you put out negative energy, then you will perpetuate the self-fulfilling prophecy of your thoughts.

In other words, if enough people believe that we can't win... then we won't.

Life has taught me that when things go wrong that you analyze, learn the lesson and move on. That in a nutshell, is my philosophy of life.

Perhaps that's the difference between us? You see a problem, whereas I see a challenge and look for solutions.

I also have "belief". Call it naive or rose-colourd-glasses. But I believe that every week we can win. I also believe that we can win the flag this year. And this gives me hope.

Given the amount of upsets this weekend, nothing is impossible.

When you lose belief, and then lose hope... then you may as well give it away and follow another team or sport.

Call it verbal diarrhoea, or whatever you like.

Truth is, Cowbboy18. My primary business involves the internet and I work wierd hours as my clients are primarily in the uSA. This affords me quite a bit of free time, so I guess I'm luckier than some.

I actually enjoy the banter and the opp to mix it with fellow supporters :D

spert
Saintsational Legend

It's one thing being beaten in a hard contest, but the way we lost on Saturday was plain bad. They better come out all cannons blazing this week.

saintbob
SS Life Member

bobmurray wrote:We can't beat Port,we are their bunnies,i have no expectations for the game on Sunday..i'm preparing myself for a season ending loss....
Would usually agree, as Port seem to have had our measure for the last 6 yrs, but I think Mark Williams is shrewd enough to know that they can't afford to win any more games so they can get the good draft picks.

Saints by 45 +

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Unlikely. In reality, we BLEW a golden opportunity to make a run at the top 4 on the weekend, and history tells us the flag is usually won from within that stratosphere. By this logic, it almost was a season ending loss, and against a team that would struggle to beat a WAFL team, with their number one player sidelined in crunch time. Not good enough really. Port are our bogey team, and we still play the Pies, who seem to have the wood on us recently. Freo at Subi is almost certainly a defeat if they play like they usually do in Perth (Harvey's 350th aside). We'll struggle to make the 8 from here, but I hope I'm wrong.