M.Gardiner

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sobraz
SS Life Member

surely im not reading this... Rix is being favoured over MG...

Granted, MG was horrible yesterday.. one of the worst individual performances for the year...

Before his injury lay off, he was starting to hit top form, and IMO was clearly our no.1 ruckman.. He was our best player in the Sydney game until going off injured, and had shown plenty in all of his games this year prior to yesterdays debalce..

He is a ruckman and a ruckman only... when he isnt following the ball and packs he should be on the bench..

He has to be persisted with, next week and next year also..

This lunacy of Rix > MG must stop now...

Saints in 20??
Club Player

I think Rix should not be compared to anyone else, or specifically preferred to anyone else.
I've seen enough of the guy to know he is a bum, pure and simple.
did the recruiters think that we needed tall and slow, while evryone thought fast and skilled???
Watts ? Brooks? Rix? Ackland? Gardiner?
Bring back Capuano????
What a disaster! Get a recruiter than can pick a *&^*^ing ruckman!

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

there is a simple answer to this

the year is 2008 not 1978

we cannot afford two slow lumbering rucks in the same side EVER

Kings form is ok so MG must go

to play them both gives us very limited options

saintbob
SS Life Member

terry smith rules wrote:there is a simple answer to this

the year is 2008 not 1978

we cannot afford two slow lumbering rucks in the same side EVER

Kings form is ok so MG must go

to play them both gives us very limited options
Ok, name a Premiership team in the last 8yrs which hasn't had two ruckman!!!!

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

obviously two ruck men but I said lumbering types

you and I can walk faster than mg runs

we need options so the second ruckman needs to be a more running type who can cover off on other areas ( I give you kosi and jb)

saintbob
SS Life Member

terry smith rules wrote:obviously two ruck men but I said lumbering types

you and I can walk faster than mg runs

we need options so the second ruckman needs to be a more running type who can cover off on other areas ( I give you kosi and jb)
Only robbing Peter to pay Paul there!!!
Kosi nearly has to play forward to take the pressure of Roo and Blake while he's a good pinch hitter doesn't seem to have the same influence when he's required to be a permanent back up to Kingy, also does get the occassional tagging role.
IMO MG is our best option, couldn't possibly play that bad again, prior to his latest injury was very effective in the centre bounces almost hand feeding Bally and Lenny .

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

There's really not much Peter and Paul about it. We tried Gardiner up forward as well as in the ruck... he managed to give away free kicks in both spots, a 50 while up front, and had a positive impact in neither place.

Gardiner's game was quite simply the worst individual effort I think I've ever seen.

I think it's safe to say at this point that what little he could contribute at FF by the end of his Eagles days is in the past. He's now a tap ruckman only, and we've seen him have good days for us in that role... for games where we can afford to carry him in that capacity, I'd still take him over Rix, but for flexibility would take Kosi + Allen over Gardiner + Kosi in most situations.

It also really hurt that with Max down, pushing Blake into the ruck became a big gamble. Injuries are once again leaving us short of experienced defenders.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

MG had a dog of a day. Wasn't the first... won't be the last.

King is in form, so that's a plus. However, he will always have a fitness cloud over his head. Hence the need for a scapable back up... which MG now appears to be.

In full flight, MG is good... very good. Also brings some agression to the team.

At the moment, that's what we've got. Until Someone else steps up, or we recruit someone, we have no choice but to work with both of them.

Kosi can ruck, but take him out of FF like yesterday and see what happens?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
saintbob
SS Life Member

WayneJudson42 wrote:MG had a dog of a day. Wasn't the first... won't be the last.

King is in form, so that's a plus. However, he will always have a fitness cloud over his head. Hence the need for a scapable back up... which MG now appears to be.

In full flight, MG is good... very good. Also brings some agression to the team.

At the moment, that's what we've got. Until Someone else steps up, or we recruit someone, we have no choice but to work with both of them.

Kosi can ruck, but take him out of FF like yesterday and see what happens?
Well said, WJ42

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Congratulations & Thank you

Congratulations Michael Gardiner on your best game for the Eagles in 5 years & a big thank you to Kosi for getting sucked in by that turd on the shoe of humanity, Osborne, and leaving us exposed in our forward line and halting our momentum.

I don't agree that Gardiner should be de-listed but certainly dropped as a player of his experience should be aware that a performance like that is not acceptable and never will be. I could excuse a McEvoy but not a past AA ruckman.

Kosi, you were just starting to look dangerous or at least help our forward set up look dangerous and were enjoying the freedom to run back whilst in the ruck and give our defenders a chop out then you have a brain fade, against Osborne of all people. You need to be better than that, you left us exposed.

Grow up Saints, you need to be better than this current Eagles outfit, even without Max & a horribly lopsided free kick count, just as we need to be better this week against Port. We are very fortunate we get a chance to atone.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

lol at this thread.

Just shows that nearly all of this forum havn't competed in competitive sport at any level.

This thread is a disgrace.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Both faced persecution, doubt and enormous struggles - and both have shown the ability to split packs at crucial moments, as the above shows.

Well done Gardy.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

F_Q_F
Club Player

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 06 Apr 2010 2:21am, edited 1 time in total.

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Wow - I went through this entire thread thinking everyone was being sarcastic ..... lol (then I saw the dates)
Go Saints - still pumped at 5am

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
bensomerford

thats some seriously funny sh1t

WANT EXTRA DREAM TEAM NEWS?
http://afldreamteamnews.blogspot.com
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Absolute gold.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Oh my god. Literally.

Michael "Jesus" Gardiner has landed.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

saintsareprettygoodhey
Club Player

F_Q_F wrote:Image
Hahahahahahahaha oh wow

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Image

Both faced persecution, doubt and enormous struggles - and both have shown the ability to split packs at crucial moments, as the above shows.

Well done Gardy.

That's absolute gold Everton. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Considering Thomas said he would not have touched Michael Gardiner with a 10 foot pole, shows he knows SFA and is on a par with all the pre-ejaculating know nothing buffoons on this site!

Ross Lyon is an absolute real McCoy coach, said this from day one and have had to endure the absolute piffle and imbecilic garbage from numbnuts with about as much idea as Thomas himself on this forum for the past two seasons,

anyway Gardiner is the number one ruckmen in the AFL this season, he has been amazing, would have to be All Australian and we have Ross Lyon to thank for starters for showing the belief and Gardiner who has been a credit to himself in overcoming adversity.

All year his form has been brilliant and his skills for a big man are outstanding.

Not only did he take that grab which was totally incredible given the pack, the angle he came in from and the fact that he still held on even though he was knocked in mid air, he also took the grab on the wing which sealed the victory and kicked 4 goals in an awesome display on the big stage.

To think that buffoon Thomas would not have touched Gardiner with a 10 foot pole and would have traded Milne, sums up how just what an absloute nuffie he was as a coach and list manager.

Thomas is on a par with all the ding bats and goofballs on this forum, nothing more, nothing less!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Funny read now....back then the Gardi and Lyon Fan Club was a very exclusive club.,,,were about three of us.

I have quotes in now for the extensions....there are more new members in it than the hordes pouring into the Social Club. So have patience wjhile we deal with all the applications to join. :wink:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Funny read now....back then the Gardi and Lyon Fan Club was a very exclusive club.,,,were about three of us.

I have quotes in now for the extensions....there are more new members in it than the hordes pouring into the Social Club. So have patience wjhile we deal with all the applications to join. :wink:
Not sure could have B4E in the club. Last year and early this year he went on about players must be dropped and questioned what RL was doing. Not sure he was even on the MG bandwaggon. You though can be in the RL club.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Funny read now....back then the Gardi and Lyon Fan Club was a very exclusive club.,,,were about three of us.

Not sure could have B4E in the club. Last year and early this year he went on about players must be dropped and questioned what RL was doing. Not sure he was even on the MG bandwaggon. You though can be in the RL club.
I have been massive in my support of RL from day one!

I disagreed with him playing Fiora and Birss ahead of Armitage and others last year etc... etc...

I do not aplogize for that, I think this opinion has been vindicated anyway.

but I don't sweat the small stuff, I've known RL is the real McCoy all along.
Tugger you wouldn't know shyte from sugar anyways, besides you're too busy in your role as the ultimate flog apologist to really know my real thoughts on anything.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Happy to say SrR that I was a Gardiner Fan and have been a Lyon fan as well. Both since day one.

Doesn't mean that you have to slavishly praise them unconditionally (some would say i reserve that right for Raph :D ), however generally i have had faith in Lyon and willed big Gardiner to show us his undoubted talent.

I didn't like it when Lyon drafted Doc Clarke but I did like the philosophy and three seasons down the track the philosophy of ruckmen has brought us Gardiner and King, both fit and in their prime.

McEvoy and Stanley have time to develop and not get crucified like Kruezer. We have gotten rid of cabbages like Rix and Hackland, and Jason Blake is playing excellent football in the defence.

Excellent coaching and recruiting by Lyon and this team is coming together like at no time in the past four decades.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)