Ladder after Round 18

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Batnoe

Ladder after Round 18

it is not all doom and gloom, all we need is a win this week and look at the ladder
I am currently on 98 in footy tipping so i am better than average in tips, but i do average just under 6

My tips
Fri 01 Aug
Hawthorn to beat Pies after 2 straight losses (22 points)

Essendon to beat Melbourne
Adelaide to beat Carlton - got their winning feeling back
Geelong to beat Richmond - They're too good
Brisbane to beat Roos ( play well against Roos, will be out to get some loyalty back from fans)
Western Bulldogs to beat Syd ( Goodes out- others injured in Melb)
St Kilda to beat Port Adelaide (we need this)
Fremantle to beat West Coast 2 wins in a row, McManus retiring

That means the ladder will be

Geelong- 18 wins 68
Bulldogs- 14 wins 1 draw 58
Hawks- 14 wins 56
Sydney- 10 wins 1 draw 42
Brisbane 10 wins 40
Adeliade 10 wins 40
Saints 10 wins 40
Kangaroos 9 wins 1 draw 38

Collingwood 9 wins 36
Richmond 8 wins 1 draw 34
Carlton 8 wins 32
Essendon 8 wins 32
Port 5 wins 20
Freo 5 wins 20
Eagles 3 wins 12
Demons 2 wins 8

We will be back in the 8 with a chance to play Pies to knock them out the week after... The Roos could also beat Lions which means the lions will be in 9th and Roos in 5th

I think the Blues will fail in SA as their team is young and will fail to deliver after a good win
Last edited by Batnoe on Mon 28 Jul 2008 9:50pm, edited 2 times in total.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

is that ladder meant to be post 18/ or pre?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

hmmmm, cant say Im confident V Collingwood. Dont seem to go well against them recently.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I reckon we'll struggle against Pies on the G and for us much of the season may come down to beating Freo interstate...which again.......as we saw against a cr@ppier side than Freo on the weekend.....wont be easy.

Not as confident as many - LOVE to be proven wrong and watch Collingwood fall in a heap but we are STILL not putting 4 qtrs together....to do anything we HAVE to start doing that.

“Yeah….nah””
crowjelly
Club Player

"I am currently on 98 in footy tipping so i am better than average in tips, but i do average just under 6"

How many did you tip this week Batman?

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

After last w'end who knows who'll win. Do think game vs Collingwood is vital to the final makeup of the 8.
We need 4 quarters and to go on with 1st qusrter leads. Currently i'm more fearful when we have dominant, yet wasteful 1st quarters, than when we're trailing.
Our mental strength is very questionable and we can't seem to regather momentum once it's been lost.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Hopefully when we play Freo over there in 2 weeks time we might have learn't a lesson regarding Subiaco.

It's a bigger ground and we should go with a third marking forward IMO.

Either Allen, or C Gardiner, this will give the team the flexibility of having one leading into the centre of the ground, one at half forward and the last one at full forward.

This means there is a marking target midfield for the backs to kick to, then one at half forward if you get my drift, spreads the defence and makes it harder to double team our forwards.

Batnoe

crowjelly wrote:"I am currently on 98 in footy tipping so i am better than average in tips, but i do average just under 6"

How many did you tip this week Batman?

3 this week

Cats, roos, Tigers-

I know i didnt tip the others but it was a toss on Freo

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Not the only toss!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

desertsaint wrote:After last w'end who knows who'll win. Do think game vs Collingwood is vital to the final makeup of the 8.
We need 4 quarters and to go on with 1st qusrter leads. Currently i'm more fearful when we have dominant, yet wasteful 1st quarters, than when we're trailing.
Our mental strength is very questionable and we can't seem to regather momentum once it's been lost
I can think of three examples this year where we had such quarters and all three resulted in losses - of our other five losses, all have come from the exact opposite in first quarters with the exception of one match where we were overrun in the second half after they took the lead on the half time break and one other match where the entire team capitulated and we were overrun by a much stonrger side after quarter time.

Of course the matches I refer to are - in the first case: geelong round 4, bulldogs round 11 and west coast last week. The second case is obviously: Port round 6, Brisbane round 9 and Sydney round 12, and the last two are Collingwood round 8 and the bulldogs round 3 respectively.

We need to get our accuracy working from the first quarter.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Re: Ladder after Round 18

Batnoe wrote:it is not all doom and gloom, all we need is a win this week
St Kilda to beat Port Adelaide (we need this)
Yep and we needed to beat the Eagles also.

Bloody Saints why cant we just do it the easy way and win the games we are meant to win.

It could go either way this week IMO, if we win this week (and I'm not confident at all about it after last weeks dismal performance, it is a massive worry for us) but a win and its all good and we will then beat the Pies with the momentum building, but if we lose then we are in all sorts could be 3 on the trot with our record against the Pies of late and without confidence once again.

Such a fine line at the moment :oops:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010