29 TO 10 FREE KICKS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Plugger - How can your comment about the bookies having a great day be relevant - If the umpires associates were the only ones on West Coast and they were paid $1,000,000 then that is a great result if the others who were on St Kilda lost $5,000,000. The bookies win and the punters who backed West Coast win - A bad day for the bookies is when the Bookies lose (ie the fav comes home).

davidgrantfan
Club Player

It's not just about the appalling free kick imbalance of 29 to 10. Have A look where the frees were paid..6 in WCE fwd 50, to 2 in stkildas fwd 50.
most of our PRECIOUS FEW frees were paid in the centre square...

Inconsistency in umpiring is ok, as long as it is consistently inconsistent. I seldom blame umpires for losses, though I do sometimes blame them for fights which can be the result of bad umpiring. I'm surprised this game didnt end up in a brawl, and our players are to be commended fr not losing the plot.

No doubt, losing Hudgton early cost us dearly, with a man down. I think the umpiring was enough to tip the balance.. 6 shots to 2 in the fwd fifty is certainly enough to skew a game. that is otherwise pretty even in the stats department.

I lost count of the number of times I thought WCE should have been pinged and St kilda rewarded for good tackles.I dont buy the adage that "you get the frees if you play in front". If you tackle correctly, the guy in front dropping the ball, or holding on to it too long, should be pinged. St Kilda players know how to tackle. It is one of our trademarks when we are playing properly.

If you average out 10 free kicks over 4 quarters of football, versus nearly three times that amount to the opposition, its no wonder St Klda players and supporters got frustrated.

Have a look at the overall stats and its very difficult to justify the free kick imbalance. We arent that bad at the game, nor are we totally undisciplined. (though Im disappointed with Schneiders free kick tally) As Ross Lyon said.. (paraphrasing) "I thought we were the better side on the day"

steve