Luke Ball Serious Injury

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:Nathan burke, luke ball = club champions.
I'll go one step further.

Luke Ball = Nathan Burke.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
Griggsy wrote:Didnt want to start a new thread for what could be nothing but, when driving the commentators on the radio said Harvey was down, and said its a disgrace the umpire didnt stop the game to get him off, which made me worry. But then i reached my destination so i dont know what the incident was or if he was fine...fill me in pls :)
He was thrown to the ground in a tackle. The umpire held the game up ofr a kick in when it looked like he would need a stretcher. He didn't. He was helped from the ground by trainers but his legs were buckling. The umpire continued to hold the game up, which was wrong. Harvey eventually came off the ground whilst the game continued. They should have used the stretcher.

He came back on but probably should not have, but we were down on numbers - and you know Harvs!
disagree

stretcher didn't come out because they weren't sure if he would come back, but must have passed the test. Came back to be important in the last
Dumb decision by our trainers to bring Harvs off without a strecher same as not bringing Bally straight off the ground. A man short on both occasions. Our trainers need to be smarter than that.
but at that stage you bring on the stretcher they can't come back on for how long?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
Griggsy wrote:Didnt want to start a new thread for what could be nothing but, when driving the commentators on the radio said Harvey was down, and said its a disgrace the umpire didnt stop the game to get him off, which made me worry. But then i reached my destination so i dont know what the incident was or if he was fine...fill me in pls :)
He was thrown to the ground in a tackle. The umpire held the game up ofr a kick in when it looked like he would need a stretcher. He didn't. He was helped from the ground by trainers but his legs were buckling. The umpire continued to hold the game up, which was wrong. Harvey eventually came off the ground whilst the game continued. They should have used the stretcher.

He came back on but probably should not have, but we were down on numbers - and you know Harvs!
disagree

stretcher didn't come out because they weren't sure if he would come back, but must have passed the test. Came back to be important in the last
Dumb decision by our trainers to bring Harvs off without a strecher same as not bringing Bally straight off the ground. A man short on both occasions. Our trainers need to be smarter than that.
but at that stage you bring on the stretcher they can't come back on for how long?
surely 1's safety must come first.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
perfectionist wrote:

disagree

Only 20 minutes and he was always going to miss that much. We need to get better at that sort of stuff.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So we have a hammie tore off the bone....which is 12-18 months....

or a

Corkie, which maybe a week.....

anyone actually know??????

BTW - Armo should almost be shelved....his performance in the VFL was willing, but far from being worthy of a promotion....

Bakes still a week away, his touch is still not great..... X maybe two, he only played 50-60mins.....

Birss is surely the option.....

Washedup
Club Player

Otiman wrote:

Luke Ball is a star, but he aint at Nathan Burke's level yet, dont kid yourself

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Washedup wrote:
Otiman wrote:

very similar, very similar for me.

if anything ball might just be a better tackler than burke....what was it today before the injury? 10? 12? plus the ones that weren't paid.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
Washedup wrote:
Otiman wrote:

very similar, very similar for me.

if anything ball might just be a better tackler than burke....what was it today before the injury? 10? 12? plus the ones that weren't paid.
I reckon though Burkie kicks like BJ compared to Bally and yes I know that may be due to injury but his disposal is poor. Very good player but aint no Burkie IMO.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Have taken this from BF

Looks like a transcript from Ross Lyon post match interview

Luke Ball came off second-best after teammate Justin Koschitzke cannoned into him in the dying minutes in a crowded marking contest that saw Jason Gram kick the decider.
“Luke Ball’s up and about, but it was a very courageous effort,â€

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
howlinwolf
Club Player

Luke was a major contributor today as usual.
His application to the task is second to none.
I only wish Kosi's was the same.

Luke is the epitome of a clubman.

Unfortunately I fear his year is over the way he was carried off.
I don't know who we can replace him for an " in and under" player"

Armo is definately a prospect for the future but we could do with Luke's engine room guts for the Pies game.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Apparently Finey on his Sunday evening show just said they rang the club to confirm the injury and the club have said he should be ok - looks like a cork related injury of some sort - that said apparently the club are sweating on a few incidents that might be cited by the MRP

Only reporting what I have read elsewhere - lets hope it's closer to the truth than a badly torn hamstring

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Two weeks!

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:Apparently Finey on his Sunday evening show just said they rang the club to confirm the injury and the club have said he should be ok - looks like a cork related injury of some sort - that said apparently the club are sweating on a few incidents that might be cited by the MRP

Only reporting what I have read elsewhere - lets hope it's closer to the truth than a badly torn hamstring

Hope so...................................................

The guy needs a break and today was the first day I have seen him in a long while breaking the lines with speed.

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

hope bally is ok.
Looked horrible on the TV- I don't think ive ever seen a human body flex like that outside of olympic diving!
Lucky not to damage both hammys i reckon.
Will be very to get out of that collision with just a corkie- lets hope he can collect on some of that karma he's owed!

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

If Lyon says its a corky - see ya in 09 Bally. :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Not that I know...but that looked waaaaaaaay more serious than a corkie! My fingers are crossed (it sure wasn't pretty and I suspect the worst! As fricken usual for Saints injuries!!! :()

....although...we're sticking with the corked leg theory!!! Please let this be true!!! Ball deserves so much more!)

http://www.sportsaustralia.com/articles ... hp?id=4187

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

If Luke Ball is out, he will be irreplaceable IMO

16 disposals and 14 tackles with time on the pine...

again 14 tackles, no, not one player could replace him and maybe it's time for others to step up IMO....

Enter Dal...........

I hope he improves his efforts and look at Luke Balls game ...

needs to step up big time IMO zero tackles and some ineffective disposals...

lets hope he steps up or trade bait IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Awesome pressure player! Very hard to replace!!! Let's all hope the news is better than we think it is!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:If Lyon says its a corky - see ya in 09 Bally. :wink:
Exactly what I was thinking. Ross Lyon is less than willing to be forthcoming with the truth.

And so he should be. I'd prefer to have our opponents in the dark.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Two things that gives me hope (maybe false hope) but earlier this year it looked like Ball did his knee, clutching it helped off the ground, came back on 15 minutes later and was fine.

The other is when Cripps and Loyld (I may be wrong here) did there hammies off the bone neither seemed to be obviously serious.

Scum

Bally was up with the boys singing the song. I just saw the replay (first time game was screened in Perth)

I made this account when I was young and I don’t know how to change the name
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:Two things that gives me hope (maybe false hope) but earlier this year it looked like Ball did his knee, clutching it helped off the ground, came back on 15 minutes later and was fine.

The other is when Cripps and Loyld (I may be wrong here) did there hammies off the bone neither seemed to be obviously serious.
:shock:

I am pretty sure that Cripps hamstring was of a serious nature, in fact I am sure that they drilled a hole in his buttock bone in order to tie his hamstring..

Cripps was as serious as ever and maybe the most serious IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Scum

Additionionally:
1: he was standing up unassisted when singing the song,

2: finished the game on the bench, and not up the race.

2 positive signs there!

I made this account when I was young and I don’t know how to change the name
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:WOW

down the other end in the social club area we were either guessing ACL or broken leg, his leg went around 180 and was close to twisting off....

Incrediable if there is nothing broken. He is young enough to get back with his hamstring. Remember he was never fast to begin with. Fish came back from similar so it's not all doom and gloom.

Looked horrible live
Nopt fast to begin with?

His 20m sprint was faster than judds at draft camp....in the top 5 if i remember...

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

Spinner wrote: His 20m sprint was faster than judds at draft camp....in the top 5 if i remember...
When I was 5 i ate a hotdog in 8 seconds.
Relevance=zero

A lot of water under the bridge since then.

I don't fast would be a word you would use to describe luke ball for the majority of his career.

Draft camps mean squat.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.