ANNOUNCEMENT; SS Player Sponsors Prize Draw @Ess game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bump

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I ahve received an email from the CLub with details of both the Sponsor's Match day Experience and the Signed Framed Jumper and Photograph.

Here is the gist of the email:-
1. Signed, framed jumper and photograph

After the recent signing session, all of the jumpers have been signed and await framing. We need to know if you require the photo of you with your player (or of just your player if you didn’t have a photo) included in the frame with the jumper. We need to get them to the framers next week so we need to know your preference by 4:30pm on Tuesday 22nd of July.

If we don’t hear from you by this time, the picture and jumper will be framed together.

2. Player Sponsor’s Match-day experience

On Sunday August 3rd at the Saints v Power match, we’re holding our Player Sponsor’s match-day experience. For this match, you will be joining club legend Nathan Burke in our match-day function the ‘300 Club’. The details of this function are as follows:

• Pre-game entertainment hosted by club legend Nathan Burke and media personality Bruce Eva
• Casual roast carvery meal pre-game and traditional footy snacks (party pies, sausage rolls and scones with jam) at half time
• Two complimentary drinks upon arrival (beer, wine or soft drink)
• Full Cash bar facilities
• Premium Gold Level 2 reserved seating located on the wing
• Official AFL Record

As part of your player sponsorship, you have 2 passes to this function. Guest passes are also available for this function; however there are only limited amounts. These extra passes are $65 per head.

We require all RSVPs before 4:30pm on Thursday 24th of July. If you don’t RSVP we will assume you are NOT coming. Avoid any confusion and let me know if you are attending.
For all those posters who are these prize winners

Richter - Gilbert memorabilia
Linz - Geary Memorabilia
axcellence - 2 passes
SAINTVIC - 2 passes

could they please pm me with their details so that I can rsvp the CLub that they are coming.

Once again the CLub has offered us the opportunity to purchase additional tickets to the Sponsor's Day @$65 so if anybody wants to take up that offer please also post your interest in this thread.

Remember that all RSVP have to be by 4:30pm Thursday, July 24.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Have the following prize winners
Richter
Linz
SAINTVIC

contacted teh Club about their prizes?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

So, only need to hear from Richter now.

axcellence, SAINTVIC and Linz have all been in contact.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

looking forward to some reports from the lunch and game as seen from level 2 :)

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
axcellence
Club Player

As requested, here's the report on the function / match from the match day function.

Firstly, the function I was supposed to start at 12:20. I therefore was there early by mid-day sharp to make sure I don't miss out even the first few minutes. As it happened, Telstra Dome guys hadn't closed the roof, and to cut the long story short, it took a while to get to the function room.

I did have a look on the grounds and Roo was doing laps of the inner square, Schneider (and Milne?) were having a look at the goals. Schneider I think slotted one as well.

Then we turned up to the entrance of gate 6, and the lady at the lift sent us to gate 9. The guy at gate 9 sent us (and another 2) back to gate 6 and we decided to walk up the stairs (clearly some Telstra Dome staff have some issues).

Once we were in the dining room (Accolade room), it was pretty good. Almost like being in a corporate box. You could see outside from the glass windows and there was a XBOX there as well for kids to play. We all got shiny envelopes with free drink cards (2 drinks pp) and Bruce Eva at the mic. The "300 club" as it is called, had 280 ppl present that day because of the presence of player sponsors and all of them were there. Lots of people with families, etc.

Also spoke to another player sponsor, Scott, who's writing a book on St Kilda and was the player sponsor for Khan Haretuku. He mentioned he was trying to put in the sponsorship for Gilbert but apparently he was "full" when he tried.

Neil Roberts also turned up and Bruce did his interview.

Neil mentioned that he had been visiting schools and recalled a story where kids were asked to write about saints (the holy kind) and one kid had written about Nick Riewoldt, which was funny. However, he got carried away a bit, and went on with a joke that I won't repeat for the sake of kids.

After that I think it was David Armitage - Bruce asked him about last week & how is he finding it these days, etc. (?). There was a laugh in there as well but my memory is slightly hazy. David did walk around and talked to some people sitting in the audience.

Michael Klim also came up as a supporter - he's apparently involved with the club in a voluntary capacity and tries to help out in the injury prevention & injury management side. After that it was a spiel about the product (lotions) he was promoting. Bruce asked him "Michael, are you providing some hair products as well" and Michael laughed and said, "well, there is a shaving lotion in terms of hair products, that's my involvement there."

We had lunch while this was going on. I must mention that a SE QLD supporters group are also sponsoring Sam Gilbert.

There was also a raffle and first goal competition for which most people put some money in. I was so confident that it was going to Riewoldt... oh well.

Now... on to the game,

Quarter 1 - Slow start, although I knew St Kilda would soon start kicking goals once the nerves settled. It was soon apparent though that the umpies had it in for St Kilda.

Quarter 2 - Again, St Kilda tried to build but Port kept managing to get clear ball. St Kilda again started lifting - and then.... everybody up there just lost it in level 2. The umpies had gone berserk. I was like... if this continued we might as well run on to the ground and give one back to the umpies. Can I say that Robert Harvey is an out & out star. The way he paces himself... is outstanding. I almost felt that if he felt the need, he would tear the game off off his own handballs. His clear disposals out of initial traffic at bounces was outstanding.

Half Time - we went back in the accolade room for half time refreshments. Bruce Eva came up on the mic as well and even he was riled up with the umpires. One of the supporters were like, "this is the worst umpired game he had ever seen" and he was ready to tear the umpies apart. I got asked whehter I thought St kilda would win - and I said I was still confident. Somehow, I had a sneaky feeling that they were still in with a chance. Some people though had that same old gut feeling that it was going to slip away and were delaying moving out of the accolade room.

Quarter 3 - I almost felt at the start of quarter 3 that the game was slipping. It wasn't as if Saints were not in the game. Every now & then though, they'd loosen the grip and Port would kick a goal. Then St Kilda would get up again only to be pulled in by the umpies. Then the Harvey clash happened.. I missed it coz I was following the footy. I have to say, they should have called in for the stretcher (For a second, I was worried as well, if he had done some serious damage and it would be his last....). I can't say if I'd ever been happier to be relieved of that worry.

I don't remember whether the Sam Fisher mark that was reversed was in quarter 3 or quarter 4 but that decision looked pretty ordinary to me.... as usual, the umpires were back at it. Eddy being tackled high - that was missed as well.... I must say, somehow, Koschitzke looked down on confidence or something - he just looked wrong in contests.

Quarter 4 - Somehow, despite being couple of goals down I felt Saints were in it. As long as the difference was 12 points or below I think Saints would be in it even if it went down to the wire. I think I had someone who possibly shared my sentiments - Burkey was sitting just couple of rows in front of me and he was just holding on tight to his little girl. He barely moved - just kept on holding his little girl close.

Everyone was up & cheering now. Then, couple of things happened:-

- Port stopped running & St Kilda lifted
- Schneider somehow managed to free himself, although I must say he could have given one to Milne for an easy set shot.

Also, I think St Kilda got the only 2 lucky breaks (in the entire game) in terms of umpiring, i.e. one high contact to a port player and one more. That is to say though, Port pretty much got gifted half their score on non-existent free kicks. 50 m penalty against Gwilt was probably the worst 50m penanlty worst that I’ve ever seen.

The roar that went up, when Harvey came up was the loudest I heard during the game. Even though Ball got injured, I knew he won't be gone long (despite all the tripe about tearing hamstring from the bone). Somehow, the media / detractors like to beat these things up.

And when Riewoldt took that mark running back with the flight, I knew it was over, irrespective of the score. And when he went in the backline - even though the margin was slight - I knew it was time to put the cue in the rack. We had won.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

thanks axcellance
Klimmy must have had abig day-
was on ' Game day'
in the presidents lunch group
and also did the Victory room

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
axcellence
Club Player

Just a note in terms of players, I thought:-

Montagna - was very good. His long kicks were great.
Gram - probably his best game I've seen. His ability to kick in a straight line was a sight to see.
Gwilt - was exceptional when running forward. Adam Hunter type role for him, I say. Some of his long kicks were pretty good.
Gilbert - showed some good signs when running in space.

Riewoldt & Harvey - living breathing beacons.
Ball - good, although made a blue or two. Courage - unsurpassed.
Koschitzke - looked flat for some reason at times.
King - subdued as well... dunno why.
Goddard - usually plays his worst against Port Adelaide (take his record), but he did well considering Hudgton wasn't playing. His work was good in parts, e.g. some of his marks / kicks / clearing in the backline. Bad was that handball to Cassisi - that was purely criminal at that stage of the game. He needs to lift - thank god this wasn't a final.

As for Port :- logan, surjan, Burgoyne were good. I am a bit miffed with the tackling - how can those guys be able to break all those tackles!! Again, tackling technique needs to improve if St kilda is to be a contender. Brogan again got too much lattitude - he must love playing against St Kilda. I was happy though that in fourth quarter we took some lessons and broke their 3 men marking structure.

goodie
Club Player

Bloody hell axecellence, setting the standard for reports. Damn it, now I have to try to do something comparable after the best and fairest.

Cheers though, it was a good read

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

New message for winners of the 'Framed memorabilia' and 'B&F Tickets'.

Good Morning to all of our Player Sponsors,

Firstly let me say thankyou to all of you who attended Sunday’s 300 Club function for the Rd 18 v Port Adelaide match and helped make it such a successful day for the club. The atmosphere was fantastic and it was great to see so many of you there supporting the boys as they got across the line against the Power. Visits from current Saint’s young-gun David Armitage, club great Neil Roberts and former Olympic champion Michael Klim, who also generously gave out some free samples of his new skin-care range ‘Milk’, made the day even more enjoyable.

The 300 Club is run at every St Kilda home game and is a great way to enjoy some casual dining, a few drinks and a fantastic viewing seat. We have one home match remaining (v Adelaide on Sunday 24th of August) and if anyone is interested in coming along again, contact me here at the club and I’ll be more than happy to work out a special rate for you.

With regard to your signed and framed jumpers, I have received all information back from you all re your requests and I will endeavour to have these completed by the end of the week. I will let you know once this has been done and we can then arrange the best way to get them out to you all. I would recommend that if you are able to pick these up from the club then you should do so. This will take out any chance of damage via courier or post. Obviously this is not possible for all of you so please let me know which option would best suit each of you.

Another benefit of your sponsorship, the 2008 JELD-WEN St Kilda Best and Fairest, has also been announced and as player sponsors you are entitled to two (2) complimentary tickets. Come and join the 2008 Playing team in celebrating their achievements for the season and enjoy a 3 course meal, premium beverages and live entertainment amongst players and special guests. Exclusive auction items will be available on the night including individually signed 2008 player jumpers.

Date: Saturday 4th October 2008
Venue: The Peninsula, Docklands
Time: 6.30pm for 7.00pm start
Dress: Lounge Suit

Additional tickets are available at $220 per head, with each table holding 10 people. If you are interested in booking extra seats at this event, please contact me here at the club and I will arrange this for you.

[b]Things to do now?
• Advise me of your preferred delivery/pickup method for your framed jumper (and photo if that was your preference) by the end of this week – 8th August
• RSVP with your final numbers (and additional requirements, if any) for the Best and Fairest dinner[/b]
As always, if you require any further information on anything related to your Player Sponsorship or even the club in general, please contact me here at the club on 03 9559 6614 or scottf@saints.com.au.

Again, thankyou to all of you who helped make Sunday’s function a success and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

FOr the 2 posters who won a pair of tickets each to the B & F, Goodie and TASSIESAINT, please check out the following information I have just received from the Club.

As part of your player sponsorship in 2008 you will receive 4 tickets to our event.

Please RSVP to jonathanw@saints.com.au by Friday 5th September to confirm your attendance.
Enjoy a three-course meal, premium beverages and live entertainment amongst players and special guests.

To book additional tickets at $220 per head, please click on the booking link on the attached invitation.

We look forward to seeing you at our event.
If you would both pm me your email addresses I will forward the email with the attached Invitation containing all of the night's details to you.

FOr anybody else interested, additional seats can be purchased as mentioned above.