Umpiring laughable

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Grant Thomas wrote:Having had the advantage to sit on the "other side of the fence" for a year or so I have watched with a keen eye the performance of the umpires department. I have also had the benefit of watching my sons play football – one in the TAC and one in local Under 11's.

The state of play in relation to umpires is comprehensively poor.

Unfortunately the same theatre is starting to evolve in the junior ranks with umpires perfecting the "holding the ball" theatrics to a tee. There seems to be more focus on how you look than how you adjudicate. Interestingly the action imitates "dropping the ball" which is no longer a rule. I vividly remember asking Jeff Gieschen why the "dropping the ball" action was to be retained by the umpires I was astounded to hear that: the crowds really enjoy it, the umpires like it and it provided some great anticipation and theatre to the game.

FAIR DINKUM, this sums up what is wrong with our game and why I also am losing interest in going to the football.

It is being overtaken by these rodger rubbers and todger tuggerss, theatre, perleeeeeze, what a fair dinkum ass clown.

Grecian 2000 should be dipped in syrup and tied to a bullant's nest or covered in honey araldited to a bee hive.

The game is now catering to the small dick in need of a string and a brick victims of school bullying giving these geeks, gimps, gumps and goofballs a stage whereby they can finally exact their revenge.

I fricken hate the umpiring theatrics and it encapsulates everything that is wrong with our game, not vica versa.

Umpires should not be bouncing the fricken ball either, why should teams be advantaged or disadvantaged based on a scrotum strokers skill level.

FAIR DINKUM

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Ummmm...ummm..Mr Geishen Sir...

HES NOT OUR COACH ANY MORE

Once again..

HES NOT OUR COACH ANY MORE

I repeat

HE"S NOT OUR COACH ANY MORE

repeat

HES NOT OUR COACH ANY MORE!!!!!!!!!

Just thought Id clear that up..whew!!! :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i unashamedly love grant thomas
me too :wink:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
If anyone here objects to the marriage of this couple..speak now or forever hold your peace :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote: :wink: :lol: :wink: ...well...i'm only human....if b4e gave that turd a spray...i'd even buy him a beer....or two..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
:wink:

I most certainly had his attention, I kept going even when security grabbed me by the arm, didn't miss a beat until that piece of scum had dissapeared from view.

And if Head or Vozzo are thinking of screwing us over again, I'll be waiting in the car park next time, FAIR DINKUM, they'd better think twice if they know what's good for them.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
If anyone here objects to the marriage of this couple..speak now or forever hold your peace :-)
We have silence.

We now pronounce them husband and... ummmm husband :lol:

Not there's anything wrong with that :wink:

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

barks4eva wrote:And if Head or Vozzo are thinking of screwing us over again, I'll be waiting in the car park next time, FAIR DINKUM, they'd better think twice if they know what's good for them.
Or what exactly? You'll "string and brick" them until they repent? :wink:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:
barks4eva wrote:And if Head or Vozzo are thinking of screwing us over again, I'll be waiting in the car park next time, FAIR DINKUM, they'd better think twice if they know what's good for them.
He will give them hitout to advantage stats - if he can find the right carpark :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
saint66au wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
We have silence.

We now pronounce them husband and... ummmm husband :lol:

Not there's anything wrong with that :wink:
it's a match made in heaven. They're perfect for each other.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
St DAC wrote:
He will give them hitout to advantage stats - if he can find the right carpark :wink:
I never saw a thing your honor

B4e was walkiing along when the umpire turned around and a sparrow smacked right in the gob as cod is my witness is the honest truth!

and amen.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Grimfang wrote:As a certain player said when interviewed in the Victory room after the game; "If you question their decisions, you cop it worse from them."

Head is an absolute disgrace to the AFL umpiring fraternity and should have been sacked. The fallout from that though would have damaged Vlad's image and we can't have that.

GT was correct in his comments about umpire egos.
How strange.

A group of clearly inefficient sad little @ssmirkers can waltze around holding guns to players heads with NO accountability whatsoever.

I still hope the club seeks clarification - at least to say we wont continue to cop being the whipping boy for Head and Co.

Im still fuming at the incompetent display I saw - NEVER felt that way walking away from the footy after a win.. :shock:

They were a disgrace and the club MUST say something...or leak something....name them, publicly put the spotlight on them they hate that and it makes it harder for them to continue to cheat with the whole world understanding theres an issue.

“Yeah….nah””
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Can't be bothered reading through 6 pages of whinging so forgive me if these points have already been brought up.

Every single ruck infringement against us (was about 4 or 5) was there IMO.

Joey SHOULD have had a 50 paid against him when he smacked the footy out of the hands of a Port player who had marked it. Would've resulted in a shot at goal during a crucial stage of the fourth. Umpire somehow missed it.

We deserved two of those deliberate out of bounds calls in the last quarter.

And it should have been holding the ball on Cassisi in our forward pocket.

Just remember, umpires don't purposely try to lose a team a game. That, my friends, is corruption and jail would apply. Their jobs are on the line too if they don't perform, just like the players.

They may be bad, but they don't try to be.
Last edited by Beej on Tue 05 Aug 2008 12:56pm, edited 1 time in total.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:
me three :D

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:
Just remember, umpires don't purposely try to lose a team a game. That, my friends, is corruption and jail would apply. Their jobs are on the line too if they don't perform, just like the players.

But when a player makes mistakes or is having a 'bad day' the Coach can do something about it by replacing him.

What do you do when the Umpire(s) is/are having a 'bad day'?
There is no recourse and IMHO it is not good enough to just say 'he had a bad day'. Games, seasons and careers can be affected by Umpire(s) having a 'bad day'.
And God help you if you are a player/coach/official and complain. There have been plenty of examples of what the retribution/payback is.

Now OLB, do you believe that umpire(s) have a pre-conceived opinion on player(s)?
If so, is it a strong enough opinion to effect the way they view decisions?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:Can't be bothered reading through 6 pages of whinging so forgive me if these points have already been brought up.

Joey SHOULD have had a 50 paid against him when he smacked the footy out of the hands of a Port player who had marked it. Would've resulted in a shot at goal during a crucial stage of the fourth. Umpire somehow missed it.

Go back and read the 6 pages. Port's free's are all there, soft or not. So, their score remains the same. We, on the other hand, were not paid half of what we should have been, especially in ront of goals, add 6 goals to our score. Not whinging, just stating the facts.

The AFL is corrupt right the way through...ever heard of the mafia sacking their 'employees' for being dishonest?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
Are we allowed to guess which one is the BRIDE :wink: :roll: :wink: ? !!

GSG
Club Player

OLB wrote:Can't be bothered reading through 6 pages of whinging so forgive me if these points have already been brought up.

You haven't quite understood the whole thing here. It's not the frees they paid against the Saints. Some will always be soft - that's the name of the game. It's the ones they sooooo conveniently overlook which infuriates the suporters and it appears, the players as well.
Luke Ball was almost decapitated, with the umpire near by in a good position. No Free. And God knows how many more.
[/list]