Passionless Saints Supporters

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Yelling can cause high blood pressure. :)

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Yelling can cause high blood pressure. :)
so thats why I go light headed when nmy voice reaches a csdertain decibel.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Yelling can cause high blood pressure. :)
so thats why I go light headed when nmy voice reaches a csdertain decibel.
No that's because you've had too many mid strengths. :P

spert
Saintsational Legend

I'll tell you what -we are in the eight and have a chance at a flag - reason enough for Saints fans to get along to games and roar -especially since Harvs may announce his retirement. If things go our way.. who knows. Forget all this claptrap about boring footy keeping fans away..we have a real chance at the big one in September.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Ok. so let me get this straight... We only support and cheer our club when they play an "exciting" brand of footy? Or smashing sides by 100 points? :roll:

Thank god some of you fairweather flogs weren't around in the 80's.

If you want "entertainment" go to the farking movies.

Win, lose or draw, get out there and do everything you can to help the players.

Sunday's game was an armwrestle and we prevailed. Funny, that we kicked 100+ points (not 48 ponits). How exciting to do want it to get?

What made it appear ordinary, was the lack of atmosphere. If it was a full house with Port supporters going nust... it would have been hailed as a great game.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

hear, hear... I agree with most everything that was said in this topic. I would've killed to go to the game last week. Port is still one of three teams I've failed to see live since I started attending football games. (The other two being the kangaroos and... actually no, that's it. I forgot I have seen Sydney live)

Anyway, from the radio, I thought we were bloody playing at AAMI Stadium. I'll be there this Saturday night though and screaming along with everyone else and cheering on our hero banger.... Can't wait for it!

saintvic
Club Player

Re: Passionless Saints Supporters

Saint Bev wrote:On Sat we went to the Sponsors Luncheon. Our seats were centre of the ground, 2nd level. Only saw 2 PA supporters in the area, yet you could have heard a pin drop. What the hell is wrong with people? Even when Harves went down, nothing................ I was telling them all off, Melbourne supporters truely don't know how lucky they area. During the game you could hear the PA supporters alot more than you could hear ours. Pathetic effort :evil:
I agree whole heartedly Saint Bev, I was also at sponsors luncheon, sitting on 2nd level, and it was way too quiet and well behaved for me too, so at half time I went back to my usual reserved seat on Level 1, where people are alot more vocal and passionate. I have sat on level 2 a few times, and I have found that it is generally alot quieter.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

The 'exciting' game plan isn't about entertainment - it is actually logical in terms of creating noise.

Think about it, how much more noise does a running goal generate than a mark-and-goal? Why? Because it's more exciting and spontaneous.

The fast, free-flowing football of 2003-6 was fantastic to watch; when you see guys taking risks, giving their all and moving play quickly - you can't help but want to show your encouragement.

It's tough to get fired up about chipalotto and flooding.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

bethb7
Club Player

Yeah the port game I was screaming LOUD but not much from anyone else? The loudest all day was when Harves came back on the ground after being KO that was the best bit of the game :) Be loud & proud this week we need to be when we are playing the filth barrack hard for the mighty Saints.

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

bethb7 wrote:Yeah the port game I was screaming LOUD but not much from anyone else? The loudest all day was when Harves came back on the ground after being KO that was the best bit of the game :) Be loud & proud this week we need to be when we are playing the filth barrack hard for the mighty Saints.
The Harvey back on field moment especially stood out because it was such a roar out of nowhere both within the game, and compared to the rest of the day.

The other point which stood out noisewise was while Harves was on the ground in the trainers hands with the game stopped. The Moorabbin wing was up and chanting, the cheersquad was up and chanting. You could see the level 2 folks clapping and the noise was building... then Harvey got up, the play started, and the noise died out.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford