rod's "betrayal" shattered me for months, says GT

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Tell the truth rodger (all about me)

you love it, don't you?
Otherwise you wouldn't keep fuelling it would you.

As I've told you previously, it's up to you, You can stop it anytime you like.It's your choice. You 'fire' the first salvo and all I do is return 'fire'. Stop firing and i'll stop also. It's simple

But you asready knew that.
And another one!! Yet another one. Unbelievable.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

you love it, don't you?

As I've told you previously, it's up to you, You can stop it anytime you like.It's your choice. You 'fire' the first salvo and all I do is return 'fire'. Stop firing and i'll stop also. It's simple

Keep going.
You know the drill.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

you love it, don't you?

Keep going.
You know the drill.
I know! You are so predictable it's embarrassing! Constantly posting about me.

Seriously, you need to get over me. Just pathetic.

Well done Mr Magic, yet another thread hijacked by your good self.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Oh rodger,
If only the voices in your head were actually telling you the truth rather than 'stroking your over-inflated ego'.

What is absolutely unbelievable is that you appear to actually believe that nobody else is aware of what you are doing?

Why not just go back to your bedroom,
stand in front of your mirror,
and repeat over and over again:-
I am rodgerfox , and I am to be listened to always.

I'm sure it won't take you long to convince youyrself, notwithstanding that others see you for what you really are, and not what you see yourself as.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Mr Magic wrote:Actually I see a difference between the 2 'groups' Plugger.

It's quite amazing that both guys gave and did so much for our Club over the past 6-7 years and yet seemingly going to be remembered on Saintsational (at least) for thei mistakes rather than their positive contributions.

But then again who really knows what motivates 'agenda driven' posters?
In all the bandwidth this site has dedicated to the 2 men in question, this post comes closest to stating how I regard the situation.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Actually I see a difference between the 2 'groups' Plugger.

It's quite amazing that both guys gave and did so much for our Club over the past 6-7 years and yet seemingly going to be remembered on Saintsational (at least) for thei mistakes rather than their positive contributions.

But then again who really knows what motivates 'agenda driven' posters?
In all the bandwidth this site has dedicated to the 2 men in question, this post comes closest to stating how I regard the situation.
Well BAM, unfortunately too many posters believe that support/disagreement has to be complete.

Too many seem scared to admit that the one they've come to loathe/abhor/disagree with (choose your description) may have actually done something good whilst at his respective post. Until they come to the realization that neither of these 2 were completely Saints nor Sinners then this circular argument will continue on.

As I said in an earlier post on this thread, I have no real issue with GT's interview but I also didn't have an issue with RB's interview.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Oh rodger,
If only the voices in your head were actually telling you the truth rather than 'stroking your over-inflated ego'.

What is absolutely unbelievable is that you appear to actually believe that nobody else is aware of what you are doing?

I'm sure it won't take you long to convince youyrself, notwithstanding that others see you for what you really are, and not what you see yourself as.

And again! Another one!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Oh rodger,

And again! Another one!
More wood on the fire.

asiu

:roll:

:lol:

.....and it used to be so much 'real' fun around here

mischa
Club Player

news.theage.com.au/sport/sacked-coach-grant-thomas-wins-pay-claim-20080704-31kl.html

"In a statement, the St Kilda Football Club said they regretted their relationship with Thomas reached a point that needed to be resolved in court.
Attempts were made to resolve the matter outside court, the statement said.
"In light of the amount at stake, the former board led by Rod Butterss, believed that in the best interests of its members that it must proceed to defend the claim," the statement said.
"The current board attempted to settle the matter for a six figure sum but was unable to reach an agreement with Mr Thomas."
St Kilda Football Club president Greg Westaway said it would consider an appeal."

As for
You truly believe that GT would risk losing a Court Case and possibly hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal costs so that the 'truth' would come out?
Well that is exactly what he said on SEN.

"Thanks korters. If Richmond kick more goals they'll win"-R.Scumbag (nee Walls)

The All Spin Zone-Saintsational.com
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:news.theage.com.au/sport/sacked-coach-grant-thomas-wins-pay-claim-20080704-31kl.html

"In a statement, the St Kilda Football Club said they regretted their relationship with Thomas reached a point that needed to be resolved in court.
Attempts were made to resolve the matter outside court, the statement said.
"In light of the amount at stake, the former board led by Rod Butterss, believed that in the best interests of its members that it must proceed to defend the claim," the statement said.
"The current board attempted to settle the matter for a six figure sum but was unable to reach an agreement with Mr Thomas."
St Kilda Football Club president Greg Westaway said it would consider an appeal."

As for
You truly believe that GT would risk losing a Court Case and possibly hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal costs so that the 'truth' would come out?
Well that is exactly what he said on SEN.
You're kidding right?
This is what you post in support of your earlier statements?

I'm curious to know which part of the Saints 'official statement' leads you to believe that RB had anything to do with the CURRENT BOARD'S decision to defend the action, after he was no longer part of the Board?

The statement quite clearly states that 'the current board attempted to settle the matter for a six figure sum but was unable to reach a settlement with Mr. Thomas.'

Do you understand what a 'mediation' is?
It's where both parties get together and try and resolve the issue without going to court and risking losing. Nearly all Civil Court cases involve some form of mediation process.

Doyou seriously suggest that the CLub went to Court knowing that they had no defense and that they were going to lose?
Why on Earth would they? If they knew they were going to lose they could have just paid him what he was asking and saved the expensive costs of going to Court.

As for your response of GT saying on radio that his motive was to make everything transparent and open for all to see.

This is the same GT who was party to an 'open' coaching selection process isn't it? You remember when they went through the 'process' of interviewing prospective coaches when he already had the job?
Of course, he didn't know about the 'sham' - he genuinely believed he had won the position on merit. :roll: :roll:

bergsone
SS Life Member

Got to give you guys on both sides credit,you DONT give up

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:Got to give you guys on both sides credit,you DONT give up

I'm just amazed that all posters don't see it my way! :)

bergsone
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:

Ive given up on the whole thing,just lost interest really,but hey dont let that stop ya

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Ive given up on the whole thing,just lost interest really,but hey dont let that stop ya
In all seriousness I'm happy to read criticism of anybody without feeling the need to comment when it is warranted. By all means bag RB/GT for what tehy did wrong or what they caused to go wrong by inaction, but why the need to rewrite history and attribute fault to either of them when there was no fault?

Also, why give kudos to either of them for something they didn't do, just to make a negative point about the other?

IMHO both served the Club we love well and both are guilty of stuffing up some things. Both have now gone and no matter how mush posters attempt to rewrite their history at our Club, both positive and negative, it doesn't change the facts of what they actually did/didn't do.

Who remembers what the Board and Yabby did wrong during the 60's?
Does anybody honestly believe that they didn't have conflicts back then?
Does anybody honestly believe that they didn't make mistakes?
Of course they did but the passage of time has tended to take the gloss off the negatives and we now basically remember only the positives.

I'm hopeful that in 10-20 years time we'll look back at the first half of this decade as a great time for our Club that was the forerunner of sustained success.

JeffDunne

Mr Magic wrote:I'm hopeful that in 10-20 years time we'll look back at the first half of this decade as a great time for our Club that was the forerunner of sustained success.
In 10-20 years it will be seen as a period of turmoil.

Watson, Blight, Thomas, Lyon, board challenges, being forced from our home ground, legal battles, missed finals chances, tossbags . . . we've had it all.

It will be seen as typical St Kilda - fighting over the spoils of victory before we win actually win anything.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He has the right to comment on St.Kilda whenever he wants.....he coached over 100 games and played 70+.......

His record as a coach was as successful as the next best (behind Jeans) given three straight finals series and a winning percentage which was solid, considering he took over wooden spooners.....

I met GT a numerous times, genuinley passionate bloke....bit of a salesman, but the football world eats that stuff up......

In the face of ridicule, he often went against the system, had the courage of his convictions to say controversial things and cop and the flack that came with it.....he was a st.kilda man, and wore his heart on his sleeve....made mistakes, made few apologies.....

at least he and his team were never boring......and the players lobviously oved him...

He was burned by the club he loved.....is he bitter? bitter enough to sue the admin....but never bitter towards the jumper and players

Snakeman66
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:I'm hopeful that in 10-20 years time we'll look back at the first half of this decade as a great time for our Club that was the forerunner of sustained success.
In 10-20 years it will be seen as a period of turmoil.

Watson, Blight, Thomas, Lyon, board challenges, being forced from our home ground, legal battles, missed finals chances, tossbags . . . we've had it all.

It will be seen as typical St Kilda - fighting over the spoils of victory before we win actually win anything.
Some things that have been missed is membership has increased and the club is out iof debt. Would hate to be in the financial position of Kangaroos, Melbourne or Bulldogs.

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote:His record as a coach was as successful as the next best (behind Jeans) given three straight finals series and a winning percentage which was solid, considering he took over wooden spooners.....
Technically George Sparrow was a better coach than Grant Thomas if you want to look at records.

Coached 63 games for 37 wins and 26 losses at a success rate of 58.73%, which was better than Jeans's including the losing Grand Final in 1913

Also coached the team in 1920, 1928 and 1929 (including finals in that year)

So there you go, anyone can twist statistics the way they want!

8-)