Will Milney be de-listed at the end of the year??

Huzzad wrote:Schneider had a better game than Milne on Saturday.
That would make 1 or at a stretch 2 times this year.

Milney is responsible for 3-4 goals a game, either kicking the himself or as goal-assists. If we get rid of him, tell me who we have on our list that will provide those goals?

The answer is no-one.

He's often left alone 1 out against 2-3 opponents, and against those odds no player will regularly prevail. Our delivery into the forward 50 crucifies our forwards, but it's their fault we kick it to the advantage of their opponents and turn it over?

He kicked 2 out of 12, including a magic goal from the boundary last week. His goals have the ability to lift the team. He's won games this year from his own efforts. The Richmond game, anyone?

But of course we lost last week, so he's gotta go. :roll:

St DAC wrote:Milney is responsible for 3-4 goals a game, either kicking the himself or as goal-assists. If we get rid of him, tell me who we have on our list that will provide those goals?

The answer is no-one.

He's often left alone 1 out against 2-3 opponents, and against those odds no player will regularly prevail. Our delivery into the forward 50 crucifies our forwards, but it's their fault we kick it to the advantage of their opponents and turn it over?

He kicked 2 out of 12, including a magic goal from the boundary last week. His goals have the ability to lift the team. He's won games this year from his own efforts. The Richmond game, anyone?

But of course we lost last week, so he's gotta go. :roll:
Spot on! I get so sick & tired of the baggers of Milne. Sure he can be frustrating at times, but more often than not he's the spark that gets the team over the line when it counts.

Yeah get rid of him..we have such a myriad of goalkickers we wont even miss him :shock:

FAIR DINKUM

St DAC..spot on the money :-)

Good idea. No one would want him so we delist our second leading goalkicker for nothing. Do it Saints.

StSteven

Won't be traded, will be de-listed. Gone.

We look good on paper because we phantasize on how good our list is, the ladder and finals show the reality. Time to get real. Milney would not get game at the top three clubs at least.

StSteven wrote:Won't be traded, will be de-listed. Gone.

We look good on paper because we phantasize on how good our list is, the ladder and finals show the reality. Time to get real. Milney would not get game at the top three clubs at least.
Spot on, Milne offers us no trade bait what so ever.

Will be delisted for sure.

A small forward with genuine "wow" factor who's averaged 2 goals a game over 160 games and has kicked bags of 11 & 7 ...yep they grow on trees. Wouldnt bother getting anything for him, just dump him :roll:

Anytime you'd like to start watching footy on planet Earth..

Yeah a small forward who kicks 50 goals in a season? No would want that would they? :wink:

Some people are insane.

Let's delist a bloke who averages 2 goals a game over his career, and has been probably the most consistant performer in a position that breeds inconsistency.

I wonder how people watch football......

Like a poster on this forum who sat behind saint66au on Saturday night and watched Milne fly in the air against 3 opponents and then be told to "Have a go and put in".......unbelievable.

[quote="St. Luke"][quote="St DAC"]Milney is responsible for 3-4 goals

Yeah your probably right, his terrible chip kicks around the corner and his lack of forward pressure, he'd probably would be worth 3-4 goals for the opposition every week!!!

saintbob wrote:

Spot on, Milne offers us no trade bait what so ever.

Will be delisted for sure.
He's kicked 42 so far goals this year. Roo has 44. Kosi has 26, as a FF/ruckman. Our next best small forward (Schneider) has 17.

And you want to delist Milney? And reckon he has no trade currency? :roll:

saintbob wrote:
St DAC wrote:Milney is responsible for 3-4 goals
Yeah your probably right, his terrible chip kicks around the corner and his lack of forward pressure, he'd probably would be worth 3-4 goals for the opposition every week!!!
42/19 = 2.21 approx goals per game. Roo has 2.31. Kosi has 1.36. Schneider has < 1.

Do you ever watch a game? He's the most goal-productive small forward in the game. Perhaps not the best defensively, but in pure goal terms there is no-one ... NO-ONE ... who averages more goals this year as a small forward. And his goal-assists are high too.

If you can name me a replacement who can equal that I'll shut up. How about if you can't then you do ...

St. Luke wrote:If the team look alive, and they didn't on Saturday night...they ARE dangerous! I seriously don't know what's holding back their performance...or their desire to perform. That's the disappointing thing.
I do.

he would get a game at every other club bar geelong

this thread is a joke and its not even worth being debated

when he wins games off his own boot most people on here whinge and saying he should do it more often

does roo???

no does anyone??? no

Yep, delist the second leading goal kicker...... 42 so far, on line for 50+
Often competing against 2 opponents, in a side where delivery is generally poor

They're saying Medhurst has had a very good season - he's on 47
go figure :shock:

Hold your ground :shock:

St DAC wrote:
saintbob wrote:
42/19 = 2.21 approx goals per game. Roo has 2.31. Kosi has 1.36. Schneider has < 1.

Do you ever watch a game? He's the most goal-productive small forward in the game. Perhaps not the best defensively, but in pure goal terms there is no-one ... NO-ONE ... who averages more goals this year as a small forward. And his goal-assists are high too.
If you can name me a replacement who can equal that I'll shut up. How about if you can't then you do ...

Perhaps you could market the ROSE coloured glasses, that you obviously watch Milne play with every week, I'm sure every second Saints supporter would buy them.
Hey "Stats Man" can you provide how many clangers and goal assists Milney provides for the opposition evey week, I'm damn sure that they would both be over 2.21 a game.

saintbob wrote:
St DAC wrote:
saintbob wrote:

Perhaps you could market the ROSE coloured glasses, that you obviously watch Milne play with every week, I'm sure every second Saints supporter would buy them.
Hey "Stats Man" can you provide how many clangers and goal assists Milney provides for the opposition evey week, I'm damn sure that they would both over 2.21 a game.
So you'll be shutting up then ... :wink:

Yes, I do watch him live most weeks. He works hard, kicks goals, drops clangers, give's off goals. He ain't perfect, for sure. But I notice you've no suggestion for a replacement ...

Do i think he should be delisted. Probably

Do I think the coach will delist him. More probably

Do I rate Schnieder as a replacement. Absolutely not.

Does the coach. Ross is on the verge of asking for adams hand in marriage, so i would suspect that that would be a no!!!!

St DAC wrote:
saintbob wrote:
St DAC wrote:
saintbob wrote:

Hey "Stats Man" can you provide how many clangers and goal assists Milney provides for the opposition evey week, I'm damn sure that they would both over 2.21 a game.
So you'll be shutting up then ... :wink:

Yes, I do watch him live most weeks. He works hard, kicks goals, drops clangers, give's off goals. He ain't perfect, for sure. But I notice you've no suggestion for a replacement ...
I'll shut up, when he's gone.

Your right when you say I can't name a replacement, currently we don't have one. Saying that I'd rather take a punt on a kid than keep a one trick pony like Milne.
GT had worked him out and that's why he had him up for trade, because while he has a great goal ratio, the bad side of his game has far worse effects on the team .

davidgrantfan

Milney can be frustrating and undisciplined at times. It's a love/hate relationship, but he gets the goals, lifts the team, and has been responsible for team wins off his own boot.

The nature of his game means that at times he is going to look very ordinary, but he often shows flair when we dont have any, is a great crumber, and has been kicking to a man as good or better than many of his team mates. Manufactures too many goals to be left out, and his boundary snaps are not flukes..

StSteven

"Riewoldt, Koschitzke, Nick Dal Santo, Leigh Montagna, Luke Ball, Jason Gram, Brendon Goddard, Sam Fisher, Sam Gilbert, they're the core. They're not going anywhere. And we have just got to keep adding to them. You don't trade that quality," he said
From RL.

No mention of Milne!

PS Milne looks good because his teammates don't. He may be a match winner at times.....but was he when it counts and the problem is we don't win enough matches!!!!. He has a lot of mates though. Clean out time I am afraid.

What a bunch of flogs!! Honestly, for those who hadn't noticed, Milne is predominantly in the Fwd 50, therefore clangers tend to deny us a goal opportunity rather than provide one to our opponents.

Secondly, why would anyone want to remove the second highest goal scorer from our already underperforming forward line??????

The personal hatred that drives some people on here is mind boggling. You should remember to take less home made drugs kiddies, they're not good for you...........

davidgrantfan wrote:Milney can be frustrating and undisciplined at times. It's a love/hate relationship, but he gets the goals, lifts the team, and has been responsible for team wins off his own boot.

The nature of his game means that at times he is going to look very ordinary, but he often shows flair when we dont have any, is a great crumber, and has been kicking to a man as good or better than many of his team mates. Manufactures too many goals to be left out, and his boundary snaps are not flukes..
Ok, if that's the case... let's afford the same lattitude to ALL our players...

Fiora, Raph, Gwilt, Blake, Kosi, Dal, all in the same boat. All can lift the team when they are on song.

Point is... a true champion would be disciplined 100% of the time... like HArvey.

StSteven wrote:
"Riewoldt, Koschitzke, Nick Dal Santo, Leigh Montagna, Luke Ball, Jason Gram, Brendon Goddard, Sam Fisher, Sam Gilbert, they're the core. They're not going anywhere. And we have just got to keep adding to them. You don't trade that quality," he said
From RL.

No mention of Milne!

PS Milne looks good because his teammates don't. He may be a match winner at times.....but was he when it counts and the problem is we don't win enough matches!!!!. He has a lot of mates though. Clean out time I am afraid.
Hey no mention of Lenny either but dont let little things get in the way of a stupid arguement. So Milne looks good but his team mates dont but you want to get rid of Milne. Well that makes sense.

He may be a match winner at times.....but was he when it counts
Yep you are absolutely right..he's only a match winner in the games that dont count :roll: