Scott Clayton is not coming the Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Scott Clayton is not coming the Saints

There was a rumour posted on the forum that Scott Clayton (the Dogs recruiting manager, and Lions before that) was being hired by the Saints.

It was just announced on SEN that Clayton has joined the GC17.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I just read the same story on the AFL web site.....

Good luck to him trying to build a team from scratch.....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Quixote
SS Life Member

Let's hope he remembers to recruit someone over five-foot-eight.

:lol:

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Scott Clayton is not coming the Saints

saintsRrising wrote:There was a rumour posted on the forum that Scott Clayton (the Dogs recruiting manager, and Lions before that) was being hired by the Saints.

I posted that :oops: .

Garry Lyon said same on MMM at the weekend. I'm now thinking that Clayton may have been doing nothing more than catch up with a mate (Drain) for a coffee !!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:There was a rumour posted on the forum that Scott Clayton (the Dogs recruiting manager, and Lions before that) was being hired by the Saints.

Garry Lyon said same on MMM at the weekend. I'm now thinking that Clayton may have been doing nothing more than catch up with a mate (Drain) for a coffee !!

or trying to poach drain for those gold coast pricks......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:

Well, I know it was an interesting rumour, but did we need a change in recruiting personnel? If he was a mate of Drain's, it would have been a 'job for the boys', not a true reflection of Clayton's ability. Besides, haven't the current admin only had one recruiting period? Surely not enough to warrant a decision on their effectiveness IMO.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

good, now bugger off

i have no idea why he is labelled as a master when all he recruits is small little half back flankers with the odd kpp...

good one

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Eastern wrote:

Well, I know it was an interesting rumour, but did we need a change in recruiting personnel? If he was a mate of Drain's, it would have been a 'job for the boys', not a true reflection of Clayton's ability. Besides, haven't the current admin only had one recruiting period? Surely not enough to warrant a decision on their effectiveness IMO.
John Peake is our National Recruiting Manager. Has been since before the National Draft last year (only been involved for 1 draft). He came to us from Geelong and took over from John Beveridge who had been in the job for donkey's ages. Bevo has the reputation of being the guru of recruiters. Bevo, who is now semi retired has also stayed on to help Peake for a year or so !!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
degruch wrote:
Eastern wrote:

John Peake is our National Recruiting Manager. Has been since before the National Draft last year (only been involved for 1 draft). He came to us from Geelong and took over from John Beveridge who had been in the job for donkey's ages. Bevo has the reputation of being the guru of recruiters. Bevo, who is now semi retired has also stayed on to help Peake for a year or so !!
IMO John Beveridge has done a great job over the years...it would have been a surprise if they replaced the guy he was 'training'. Guess it was a good rumour though, as Clayton was obviously on his way from the doggies...and he would know RL well too.

I agree with someone above though...he will probably recruit a team of midgets for GC17...works for us! Doggies only looked OK when the ex-Adelaide boys arrived.

Legendary
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:good, now bugger off

i have no idea why he is labelled as a master when all he recruits is small little half back flankers with the odd kpp...

good one

Jonathan Brown and Jamie Charman go ok ...

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:good, now bugger off

good one

Jonathan Brown and Jamie Charman go ok ...
father son and charman isnt too bad i admit

oh and tom williams...thats it

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.