Sorry to be a killjoy but…….

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ros Lyon
Club Player

Sorry to be a killjoy but…….

By making the top 8 this year we are shooting ourselves in the foot!! Let’s face it, we no longer have the team to beat Geelong, actually, nobody does. That being the case, I think we would be better off rebuilding our list, (TANKING).

1. De-list players that are not good enough to win us a flag, (there would be at least 6 of them).
2. Trade a couple of good but older type players, (over the age of 28) that would have good value in order to get some early draft picks, (early second round at least).

By doing the above, I admit there would be some pain, probably 3 to 4 years in the bottom 4 type of pain actually. However, this is part of the plan and really, there is no other way. While we are down there we need to pick up as many top 5 picks as we can, preferably at least 5.

This whole process would probably take 5 years in order for us to again challenge for a premiership. This would give our current stars another shot at a premiership. The likes of Roey, Kosi, Ball, Clarke x 2 Goddard, Gram, Monty, Fisher, S Gilbert etc etc, would still be young enough.

I know that Lyon would never do this because it would mean that he would probably lose his job but my fear is that while he is coach St Kilda will keep finishing between 7th – 10th each year and never really challenge. Then by the time we eventually go down to the bottom and come back up again, it will be too late for most of the players that I have mentioned above.

Does anyone agree with me?

Please discuss.

bergsone
SS Life Member

How far down the ladder are we going to go,by losing last 2 games,bit late to be tanking now.s*** I hate that word.And have grave doubts about our club surviving 4-5 years down the bottom in the current enviroment

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sorry to be a killjoy but…….

Ros Lyon wrote:

This whole process would probably take 5 years in order for us to again challenge for a premiership. This would give our current stars another shot at a premiership. The likes of Roey, Kosi, Ball, Clarke x 2 Goddard, Gram, Monty, Fisher, S Gilbert etc etc, would still be young enough.

Please discuss.
1/ Looks like you are back to trolling

2/ Add 5 years on to most of the players you listed...and some would be at the end of their careers.

3/ Tell Roo, Amo, Gilbert etc that we are going to tank for 3 years or so....and they plus others may well head off to other clubs.

4/ Banger DESERVES his last crack at a flag this year.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Ros Lyon
Club Player

bergsone wrote:How far down the ladder are we going to go,by losing last 2 games,bit late to be tanking now.s*** I hate that word.And have grave doubts about our club surviving 4-5 years down the bottom in the current enviroment
You missed my point. I'm talking about the whole year in general. It's too late to tank now, maybe we should have started 12 months ago. If we don' get anywhere this year, maybe we should start the process at the end of this season.

Ros Lyon
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
Ros Lyon wrote:

Please discuss.

2/ Add 5 years on to most of the players you listed...and some would be at the end of their careers.

3/ Tell Roo, Amo, Gilbert etc that we are going to tank for 3 years or so....and they plus others may well head off to other clubs.

I agree with point 4 but after this year Banger is gone, so maybe that's when we can do this.

As far as trolling is concerned, you think everyone is trolling when the truth of the matter is......you are a sook.

StSteven
Club Player

Sod off!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Is this Ros Lyon cabbage NeXus by any chance?

Same sweeping statements, same thoughtless stupid conclusions, same response when anybody challenges him.

The thread is idiotic. For a start the last uncompromised draft for the next three years is this year, we are already mid table so tanking the last two games, especially when we have a hope of making the finals, eould be useless and counterproductive.

From 2009 to god knows how long, the 17th and 18th teams will get first dibs on all the top youngsters.

So with this cabbages plan we

1) Tank for three years - thats right the team will purposely lose for three years - all the time taking the members money on false pretences - to get low first round draft picks.

2) After purposely losing for three years, we have a bunch of middling players who wont be able to take us to any sort of premiership

3) Dissillusion all the players on the list by purposely cheating by throwing games.

4) No team has won a flag on draft picks. We tried this route in the early 2000 and failed. Hawthorn might but it has yet to be done.

So in a nutshell, stupid assumptions, pathetic thoughtless reasoning, and a dopey and completely ignorant conclusion.

No SrR is correct - TROLL! :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
JeffDunne

joffaboy wrote:Is this Ros Lyon cabbage NeXus by any chance?
Yes it is.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Ros Lyon wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
Ros Lyon wrote:

Please discuss.

I agree with point 4 but after this year Banger is gone, so maybe that's when we can do this.

As far as trolling is concerned, you think everyone is trolling when the truth of the matter is......you are a sook.
Ros your either
a> and idiot
b> a troll
c> both

start tanking 12 months ago :roll: yeah lets start the season delibratly losing :roll:

you have no clue about what go's on at the club and your ill informed point of veiw is making you look stupid , making the finals above all is the aim of every team in the comp saying its a backwards step to make the finals shows how little you actually know by making the finals the club gets extra exposure extra games meaning our sponsors get extra exposure ensuring a happy sponsor and there for more money even if we bomb out first week .

rebuilding in the in the next few years would be stupid the GC team and the WS team will be taking all the best kids so your 5 year rebuild would be more like a 8 year one .... the team is good enough to be competitve for a flag for the next few years .... yes we have dead wood and yes we need to turn over some players but TANKING is for teams with no hope of being competitive

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Is this Ros Lyon cabbage NeXus by any chance?
Yes it is.
lol - not hard to pick.

Typical idiocy for this mentally challenged halfwit.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Stupid OP

You can roll over like a dog mate but if anyone or anything I supported did that then they would lose my support.

Go buy yourself a Carlton membership and let them enjoy your 'support'.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

why is this troll still llowed to post on here ffs.............jb is right ...flowering cabbage....... :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I'd rather than be last or second last than 7th or 8th - SO LONG AS YOU SPENT THAT WHOLE YEAR DEVELOPING KIDS TO PLAY IN THE NEXT PREMIERSHIP.

Finishing 9-11th is no mans land as far as football is concered. You don't get the best picks and you don't get finals football.

So where we are, right now, I'd rather make the finals and throw our hat into the ring.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Halo Halo
Club Player

I think this post is trite!

12 months ago, like many, I thought we were a serious threat for the 08 flag. We ended the 07 is great style & even this year started it off well but something went wrong & now posts like this start saying we should have tanked or our players are too old, too slow etc etc..

Plain facts are we probably arent as good as many of us thought we were & don't know if its the coaches fault, the players fault or what. But we are still travelling okay this year & I have every hope that the mighty Saints will make the finals this season..

I hate what Carlton did last year & I hate what West Coast did against Melbourne last weekend.. I would not encourage, or support that type of game plan.. I go watch the Saints every week, but if they tanked I would not waste my time going to support that rubbish!!

I like the way the Roo's & Swans etc continually play good footy season after season without having to 'tank'.. I'd rather adopt that mentality rather than that of the Blues...

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Ros Lyon wrote:You missed my point. I'm talking about the whole year in general. It's too late to tank now, maybe we should have started 12 months ago. If we don' get anywhere this year, maybe we should start the process at the end of this season.
intelligent :roll:

oh when
Club Player

I have seen enough losses to last me three life times - I want to make the finals and you only have to play 3 good weeks of footy to get to the gf - and you can't win a gf if you're not there.

Red
Club Player

If we tanked there is no guarantee we will pick up the best player of that

draft anyway. A top 5 pick will probably play 150 games these days but it

doesn't mean he will be a game breaker. Other than in 2000 the best player

to come out of the draft has not being at no1. So tanking may sound great

but it doesn't mean your going to get Pav, Roo or Franklin. Let's face it this

year other than Roo our most important player has being Sam Fisher and

he was drafted mid fifties. Tanking is a load of s***.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

God this guys an idiot.

About as intelligent as a piece of dog sh*t.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Ros Lyon wrote:By making the top 8 this year we are shooting ourselves in the foot!! Let’s face it, we no longer have the team to beat Geelong, actually, nobody does.
If thats the case why dont we just call off the season. Just give the flag to Geelong.

Infact lets give them the next 5 while we are at it.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Ros Lyon
Club Player

Firstly, who is nexus?

Secondly, did anyone actually read my post? I didn't say we should throw away games. I said we should delist about 6 crap players for draft picks and trade a couple of older stars for draft picks. This in turn will expediate our decline to the bottom 4 which will in turn give us more high draft picks. It's a 5 year plan that will give us a realistic chance of winning the premiership. We are now headed for a second mid table finish in a row under Lyon which in the end is going to hurt us badly down the track.

FFS, you guys are acting like clowns just because someone comes up with a different idea to yours. :roll:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Ros Lyon wrote:Firstly, who is nexus?
You.

Ros Lyon wrote:FFS, you guys are acting like clowns just because someone comes up with a different idea to yours. :roll:
Its not the idea but the stupidity of it.

Piss off troll.

Lance or James??

Ros Lyon
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Ros Lyon wrote:Firstly, who is nexus?
You.

Ros Lyon wrote:FFS, you guys are acting like clowns just because someone comes up with a different idea to yours. :roll:
Its not the idea but the stupidity of it.

Piss off troll.
I'm not sure what your problem is but gee whiz you must be in bad shape.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

ros if you had half a clue what you were talking about then maybe we would take you seriously but you have no iidea talking about tanking next year while this year is still alive and well . :roll:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Ros Lyon
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:ros if you had half a clue what you were talking about then maybe we would take you seriously but you have no iidea talking about tanking next year while this year is still alive and well . :roll:
I put this plan forward because at the moment St kilda are not getting anywhere. Everyone is already saying that we are the new Richmond, and guess what, they are correct. We are heading for our second mid table finish in a row. You may be happy with that but I'm not. I would prefer to finish in the bottom 4 for a few years and pick uo some good drat picks rather than finish mid table for a few years and get nothing. Under Lyon unfortunately, that is exactly where we are heading.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Ros Lyon wrote: FFS, you guys are acting like clowns just because someone comes up with a different idea to yours. :roll:
Not acting like, reacting to one.

So this is your master plan, strip the list so we cannot win games and bottom out for 3 or 4 years? This will work because...??? Is this what Geelong did or Port or Sydney or West Coast? Forget hard work, forget team plans, forget sponsors, forget supporters, forget team harmony, forget that you'll put four or five years of some of our best players' careers on the scrap heap because if we get 4 or 5 top 5 draft picks we'll be guaranteed a flag. Stupid, inane thinking!

& you are suggesting throwing games because if you don't have the list to win games because you've deliberately cut it then you are throwing them and any modicum of respect the club may have out the window.

Carlton will love you, enjoy their next flag which by your reasoning should be next year. They are a long way off.