We're better off losing next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Munga
Saintsational Legend

We're better off losing next week

Good thing we play last next round.
I've got us finishing 6th, playing Sydney first week. However if we keep winning, we'd probably play Geelong in the prelim. We could lose next week, finish 8th, play Pies week 1 and Bullies or Hawks week 3.

But anyway, we'd still have to beat Geelong some time, just a matter of when? Ahh who knows...

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Schillaci
Club Player

Play every game to win.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: We're better off losing next week

Munga wrote:Good thing we play last next round.
I've got us finishing 6th, playing Sydney first week. However if we keep winning, we'd probably play Geelong in the prelim. We could lose next week, finish 8th, play Pies week 1 and Bullies or Hawks week 3.

But anyway, we'd still have to beat Geelong some time, just a matter of when? Ahh who knows...
Yeah your right Mung - sort of!!!

If we finish 6th or 7th and we win our first final then we will have to come up against the loser of Hawthorn and Bulldogs and then if we get thru that game we willcome up against a fresh Geelong assuming they win in the first week of the finals - harder side of the finals draw

If we finish 5th or 8th and win the first final then we come up against the loser of Geelong and 4th and then if we win that we will play either Hawthorn or the bullies in the prelim - easier side of the finals draw

Obviously we in our position cannot manipulate positions in the final 8 - all we can do is smash Essendon next week and hope some results go our way to finish either 4th or 5th - would rather not tank to finish 8th

The way it is shaping up there is definitely an easier side to the draw in the finals (all about avoiding a rampant and fresh Geelong in the prelim but either way we probably gunna have to beat them anyway - best that happens in the Grand Final

And for all of you wanting to say lets not get to far ahead of ourselves - I am only trying to give people who might not understand the finals draw a general idea of what we can expect - either way its finals and there are no easy games in finals footy
Last edited by Devilhead on Sun 24 Aug 2008 7:25pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
claystreet
Club Player

It shouldnt worry a team who they play in finals if they are going in as GF winners in their own minds. Right from the start they have to believe they can beat everyone.

They tore the crows apart today and I was watching it 5 rows back Level 1 Aisle 30 and it was pure joy.

Legendary
Club Player

However, finishing 6th and playing a final against Sydney could be good.

It would mean playing at Telstra Dome, and most likely on the Saturday night.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:However, finishing 6th and playing a final against Sydney could be good.

It would mean playing at Telstra Dome, and most likely on the Saturday night.
Would rather play Adelaide than Sydney in Melbourne -Sydney seem to match up against us better

But hey who the hell knows what is going to happen I'm just stoked that we are gunna play finals footy

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Schillaci wrote:Play every game to win.
Agreed !!

Munga. Give yourself an uppercut !!

Sainterman
Club Player

Can always hope for Port to beat North, Freo over Collingwood, and the Bulldogs over the Crows! With a win that'd leave us 4th! :shock: :D

The Bluff
Club Player

5th is a definite chance

freo could beat Collingwood at home on a Friday night
and bulldogs are a good chance to beat Adelaide.

Port have a great record against the Kanga's so even fourth isn't out of the question.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Bluff wrote:5th is a definite chance

freo could beat Collingwood at home on a Friday night
and bulldogs are a good chance to beat Adelaide.

Port have a great record against the Kanga's so even fourth isn't out of the question.
Port and Freo will not win but the Bulldogs may. Who cares we must just keep on winning. If we think we are good enough to rig the draw then we need to have a good at ourselves.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Adelaide and Sydney are the two interstate teams we've got a decent record against in recent years.

It's shaping up as an interesting finals series.

We can beat anyone on our day and lose to anyone just as quickly....

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: If we think we are good enough to rig the draw then we need to have a good at ourselves.
No one is saying that we can rig the draw - considering we have to rely on other teams to win or lose how can we rig the draw ????????

What everyone is talking about here is where it would be better to finish - a coupla of hypotheticals - nothing wrong with that

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote: If we think we are good enough to rig the draw then we need to have a good at ourselves.
No one is saying that we can rig the draw - considering we have to rely on other teams to win or lose how can we rig the draw ????????

What everyone is talking about here is where it would be better to finish - a coupla of hypotheticals - nothing wrong with that
Well we may not be able to rig the draw but we arent good enough to play around with form. Win if we are good enough where ever that means we play.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Well we may not be able to rig the draw but we arent good enough to play around with form. Win if we are good enough where ever that means we play.
You are the grumpiest most predictable poster on these boards and your sense of humour is glaringly non-existent :cry:

You seriously need to lighten up :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
You are the grumpiest most predictable poster on these boards and your sense of humour is glaringly non-existent :cry:

You seriously need to lighten up :roll:
Are you serious. No sense of humour you obviously have little idea about footy and humour. I am a very funny person but your lack of knowledge worries me. Try having a laugh like I do. Good comeback though.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Are you serious. No sense of humour you obviously have little idea about footy and humour. I am a very funny person but your lack of knowledge worries me. Try having a laugh like I do. Good comeback though.
Mate seriously when have you ever made anyone laugh on these boards :shock:

I would think the only time you ever have a laugh is when the Saints turn the ball over because it would go some way to making some of your negative ramblings correct

What worries me is your lack of knowledge surrounding the purpose of this thread - I have no doubt that Munga was taking the piss when he said we should lose yet you have come across all Mr. Serious again :roll:

Like I said - lighten up and enjoy the fact that we are in the finals

That can't be toooo hard - can it?????

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Are you serious. No sense of humour you obviously have little idea about footy and humour. I am a very funny person but your lack of knowledge worries me. Try having a laugh like I do. Good comeback though.
Mate seriously when have you ever made anyone laugh on these boards :shock:

I would think the only time you ever have a laugh is when the Saints turn the ball over because it would go some way to making some of your negative ramblings correct

What worries me is your lack of knowledge surrounding the purpose of this thread - I have no doubt that Munga was taking the piss when he said we should lose yet you have come across all Mr. Serious again :roll:

Like I said - lighten up and enjoy the fact that we are in the finals

That can't be toooo hard - can it?????
People roll down the alies with how funny my posts are. they never stop laughing. With your posts they are doing what that person did in Flying High. Stringing themselves up. i had to give Tobin Brothers a ring after one of your posts.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Devilhead wrote:Mate seriously when have you ever made anyone laugh on these boards :shock:
Must be me then ... p66 makes me laugh heaps. Very droll and dry. Onya Plugger!

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:
Devilhead wrote:Mate seriously when have you ever made anyone laugh on these boards :shock:
Must be me then ... p66 makes me laugh heaps. Very droll and dry. Onya Plugger!
Now that is funny :lol: