THREAD OF THE YEAR

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Careful with those early calls - this one is picking up pace.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/commen ... 42,00.html

My favourite comes from any early post by "Hamish Forbes of Horsham" who is of the opinion that it was a conspiracy.

----
Coincidence or not!!!!!!!!! How disappointing has our sport become when two teams orchestrate such a result. Please do not try and tell me that the perfect percentage achieved by St Kilda was a coincidence or a result of exceptional football. There was not one article printed or on the internet that had not contemplated Adelaide not playing Geelong in the first week of finals after their win against the Bulldogs. The reason why - the Saints needed to win by over 100 points to take fourth spot. We all know the result but what a scam a perfect 108 point win by St Kilda and fourth spot. What makes it even more sublime is Essendons effort not to score in the last quarter, further ensuring the percentage boost. We will never know the truth but this is no coincidence, the perfect percentage boost, the near NO effort by Essendon, that last quarter they should have stopped the game and just said - "here Saints have fourth spot" Just when the Saints needed it, Essendon had it's worst and last quarter for the year. Victorian football should be ashamed of itself, I've never seen this state or the AFL behave so un-Australian

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Bwahaha.

Mr_Smooth
BigFooty Veteran

Adelaide
Other Teams: North Adelaide

Location: Phil Ivey's place Re: Keep an eye on St Kilda v Essendon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOmBeR_BoY1
You wouldn't blame yourselves hey guys? Having to rely on the depleted 12th placed team to secure your own top 4 berth.

Had of beaten the Saints yourselves last week and you wouldn't be in this little spot of bother!

What goes around, comes around.

------

ok, now **** off....

LOL!

choowy
Club Player

you would think their currently flying quantas.

Ladies and Gentleman all will be ok. Just a bit of turbulance.
________
Alpina