Why wouldn't you....?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Why wouldn't you....?

..bring in the G-Train to run amok on Sunday?

I've never forgiven these scumbags after Ablett decked Burkie and Grant in '91; or for Hocking smashing Harvs. (how tough was Banger that day???!!)

Why not give Frase carte blanche to clean up as many Cats as he likes??
It's not like the suspension is going to worry him.
Okay I'm kidding, but it's nice to dream. :wink:

I've now been waiting almost 42 years... I don't care if I have to wait another 41; as long as we can have this one for St. Robert.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Why wouldn't you....?

BakesFan wrote:..bring in the G-Train to run amok on Sunday?
Take a look at the tape of the last game Gehrig played against Geelong.

starsign
Club Player

brings back memories of Lynch throwing all those cut lunches in the square GF day
We could start him in the centre square or on the wing, and bring him on again after each goal. He's sure to be able to run through a few after each bouce
Wouldn't that cause an uproar ! with no send off rule , just multiple report

" It was a lovely day for a Grand Final battle , and as they took up there positions on the G ... Cats had won the Toss and were to kick to the Punt Rd end
The siren sounded and as the umpire bounced the ball the G-Train came steaming in from the wing ...Crash! he took out young Gary Ablett Jn" with a sickening thud ....
HE WAS OFF-SIDE BUT WHAT COULD THEY DO ! LOL

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

starsign wrote:brings back memories of Lynch throwing all those cut lunches in the square GF day
I was about 5 rows back from them when it happened- was fantastic to see as a neutral supporter!

the thought of gtrain being unleashed on a footy field WITHOUT any consequences for his actions, ala Lynch, is certainly a scary prospect.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Well, I hope our guys lose the clean-boy image and grab this opportunity squarely by the nuts and then twist em off! (fairly! :lol: 8-) )

I'm going into Sundays game with a feeling that something special is about to happen.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

No point in playing the man against Geelong whatsoever

You only have to watch Fremantle's futile rough-house tactics against the Cats a few weeks back to see that it just won't work.

I say we run them off their feet, not try and knock them off it.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Otiman wrote:Take a look at the tape of the last game Gehrig played against Geelong.
He managed 2 from 9 possesions; but I wasn't suggesting he come back to kick goals..... just scare the living sh!t out of some pussies.
eg. "Oh, hello Gary.. Can you pass this on to your Dad? It's one we owe him.. BAM!!!!!.... and if you get up, I'll give you the other one we owe him!"

It's been a long time since we've seen a good old-fashioned Enforcer. Get Carl Ditterich down to Moorabbin this week to give Frase some one-on-one tuition.

:wink:

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

BakesFan wrote:
Otiman wrote:Take a look at the tape of the last game Gehrig played against Geelong.
He managed 2 from 9 possesions; but I wasn't suggesting he come back to kick goals..... just scare the living sh!t out of some pussies.
eg. "Oh, hello Gary.. Can you pass this on to your Dad? It's one we owe him.. BAM!!!!!.... and if you get up, I'll give you the other one we owe him!"
I don't think Geelong players would be scared, I think they'd probably be trying not to laugh if the G Train was out there trying to land a few cut lunches.

Besides, he might struggle to catch them first!

marksnsparks
Club Player

I've never forgiven these scumbags after Ablett decked Burkie and Grant in '91; or for Hocking smashing Harvs. (how tough was Banger that day???!!)

I've now been waiting almost 42 years... I don't care if I have to wait another 41; as long as we can have this one for St. Robert.
Why don't you bring back plugger at the same time. This living in the past is bulls*** and had got us f*** all in the last 40 years.

The game has moved on and Gehrig, whilst great in his time, is a dinosaur. Scarlett would be getting a stiffy at the prospect of how many disposals he'd get with all the freedom.

saint vince
Club Player

Did some people not see the humor in this post. I don't think it was meant to be a serious suggestion.

Brooksy_Babe_24
Club Player

yes it was :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: lol

Brooksy I'll never Forget you

AKA Austinn's_Honey & Troy's_Gal
NEVER EVER BAG YOUR OWN PLAYERS

http://blog.myspace.com/sexc_saz
saintly
Saintsational Legend

marksnsparks wrote:

Why don't you bring back plugger at the same time. This living in the past is bulls*** and had got us f*** all in the last 40 years.

The game has moved on and Gehrig, whilst great in his time, is a dinosaur. Scarlett would be getting a stiffy at the prospect of how many disposals he'd get with all the freedom.
besides, Gherig has quietly retired. - read the MX article from last week.

Persuader
Club Player

If you wanted to bring a player in to lay a few out Fraser is not the man.
Not in his nature.
Some (not me) might consider he looks like a thug but he is the perfect gentleman.

Founding member of the Jason Blake Appreciation Society
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

question? at what point would it stop ? Gtrain will come out and put Gabblet on the strecher ... geelong will then send mooney to kill dal... soo we send G to hit bartel ..... so mooney go's after lenny..... so G decks selwood..... mooney takes out Joey .....i would rather we beat them on merit and skill then turn it into "Summerslam"

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
hotdish
Club Player

While we're bringing back Gehrig to clean a few blokes up, lets give Powell a call and get him running off the line to hit up LING!!! and giving him a mouthfull!!! take that you redheaded c**t!!! [heard through the umpires microphone on national tv lol]!!!

BakesFan
SS Life Member

saint vince wrote:Did some people not see the humor in this post. I don't think it was meant to be a serious suggestion.
Thanks, saint vince.
It's nice to know that when one states; "Okay I'm kidding, but it's nice to dream. :wink: " in the opening post; there are those bright enough to realise it was all just tounge in cheek. :D