QF1: St Kilda team v Geelong

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I've got a smokey from left field.

Put Birss on Ling, make sure he can't apply the body blocks for Ablett and Bartel. They are the key in Geelong's clearances.

I'm of the opinion that you have to tag the most taggable player. No point tagging Ablett. You're better off keeping their third or fourth mid totally out of the game than attempting to tag their number one and reducing their effectiveness slightly.

You tag the likes of Dal Santo, Van Berlo, or anyone else with a split surname :D.

henno
Club Player

kickittokosi!!!! wrote:[sunsaint said:]X Clarke: Because coach, I dont know if you remember, but I have a big score to settle with those pussy bastards
That's right. I forgot about that.

Blake took X out about 15metres off the ball... X had pretty bad concussion if i remember correctly. Then Kingy got stuck into Blake.

Blake was reported but got off.

Hope you're right mate. X can run hard, tackle & has very clean disposal.

Hopefully he gets a run (& some payback).

Go Saints.[/quote]

except that it was trent west, not blake

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

kickittokosi!!!! wrote:Blake took X out about 15metres off the ball... X had pretty bad concussion if i remember correctly. Then Kingy got stuck into Blake.
That was the turning point in the game right there. We had the flow of play, and from then on, Geelong kicked up a notch (or we started playing the man) and it was game over.

We are not the mentally weak team we were in the start of the year... except against West Coast.

amusingname
Club Player

If it is a concern that Dal would get monstered by Ling I don't think that putting him on Ablett would be a masterstroke. Ablett is probably as strong as Ling but has the skills to hurt us much more than Ling. It would be a big gamble to use this final to show Dal the value of defensive pressure.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Put Milne on Ling..sort of like an ankle-biting terrier yapping away in his face..put NDS in the forward pocket.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Put the Cats amongst the pigeons.

Fly in some pigeons and make sure they were fed a laxative extract first.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

the answer to the dal question is use him forward to shake the tag. If this releases him from ling then it's a win or ling gets stuck down back and can't use his forward skills and blocking ability to set up the likes of ablett.

Suprised mini comes in for birss. will look to play him on bartel, go with killer on ablett.

raph goes down back to cover for dempster and his brother comes in to run the lines as a winger/half forward.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

What the hell has Birss done wrong?!

He wins a fair bit of the footy, uses it very well, shuts out his opponent, kicks goals, can play several different roles, is very consistent and provides defensive pressure. He won't win a final off his own boot, but he'll have a hand in a couple of goals and probably win his position.

A much better option than Eddy, Jones and Mini IMO. Birss is a well-rounded, consistent, versatile player with plenty of experience. And I would've thought that those are the kind of players you want in the finals.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:raph goes down back to cover for dempster and his brother comes in to run the lines as a winger/half forward.
or the other way around.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Solar wrote:raph goes down back to cover for dempster and his brother comes in to run the lines as a winger/half forward.
or the other way around.
good point, it still allows for us to have that flexibility

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith