roo=sheila's effort

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintwill66
Club Player

My take on Riewoldt is that he had a recurrence of "the shakes" - a condition that has plagued him for most of his senior football career, and that he appeared to have conquered in the past 3 months. When Riewoldt lacks confidence his game falls to pieces, as it did today. Lyon should have moved him to the midfield as soon as the telltale signs appeared in the first 10 minutes, rather than waiting till the 3rd quarter when the game was out of the Saints control.

Finals football on the big stage is a daunting experience, and Riewoldt showed signs in the first few minutes that he was overwhelmed by the occasion - if you look on the replay you will see Nick pulling in really big breaths around the stoppages even though he had hardly exerted himself more than usual. It is the reason he couldn't hang on to a mark nor make the sharp slick disposal decisions that Geelong forced him into without remorse, and caused him to loose possession.

A big week coming up for the team psychologist before next Saturday!

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I can't bring myself to saying anything negative against Roo. He tries his guts out and sets such high goals for himself. Just wasn't his day today.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
barneyboyz
Club Player

rogerwa wrote:stand by what i said...pathetic effort

along wirth 1/2 doz big names

easier to name the other 1/2 doz or so
milne
king
max
maybe blake & thats about it

not one other player could say they consistantly put their body behind the ball when it was their turn

simple....16-18 take the cheap option ya lose by 10-15 goals

AINT FN ROCKET SCIENCE
F--K wits get to say what they want, I wanted to throw a stubby through the TV, I didn't thank christ but early on when we had real pressure on was when Geelong shon most bright, not in the second half when even the umpires were giving them free goals, it was early and all our better players didn't have much time, they were made to look second rate. yeah, aint FN rocket science to take cheap shots.

Roo has done more this year as Captain of our inadequate football team to claim his spot in history than most, quite frankly I didn't think he had it in him and I thought he could have used the excuse that he's been flogged physically over the years, but no, he will go down as our best captain in many a year and probably for many to come and Robert Harvey would be proud to have served under him and that's all I need to know. (breath), we just need Kosi to re-emerge and things will get better

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
Mooksy
Club Player

Re: roo=sheila's effort

rogerwa wrote:failed to put his body behind the ball,failed to hold his ground,failed to take a grab,failed to give a 2nd effort...even allowing for the ball not being deliverd on a platter was a pyss poor effort from the leader of the team/club

all right to wank on to the media pre game would be better advised to shut the .... up & show what you can do in 120 minutes under the pump

EVERY PLAYER should be on media bans until our season is over...after all they are just talking shyt to the converted
You absolute tosser Roger. You're a disgrace.

MadSaintFan
Club Player

Who is the hack who posted this?

You obviously havent seen much of the 2008 season where Roo has faught through injury and single handedly almost pulled the saints through to the top 4.

I can cop criticism....but not to the man who has more right to be there than half the team.

Pull your head in.

Mooksy
Club Player

The ball was delivered pathetically to Roo all day today. I can't believe this Roger knob.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Mooksy wrote:The ball was delivered pathetically to Roo all day today. I can't believe this Roger knob.
Leaving him 1-out in the square wasn't the brightest move. Cats kept him out of the game nicely.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
linz
Club Player

We were too predictable. He is our best player and he needs the pressure taken off him. Roo was double & sometimes triple-teamed. Roo is at his best when he takes his opponents on a run while we have a solid Full Forward to take the pressure off him.

Kosi isn't doing the job.

If only we had a solid, ugly, mongrel Full Forward @ our club.

What's "G" doing nowadays?

Don't get me wrong, because I know "G" has retired & the coaching staff would be scared lesshits to play him should it backfire.

We're not going to beat that side we played today unless we think outside the square.
Last edited by linz on Sun 07 Sep 2008 10:38pm, edited 1 time in total.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
felixleo
Club Player

Bugger off, so he didn't have his best game ,we wouldn't be playing finals at all except for his efforts this year.

Are you gonna be the one?
SaintWal
Club Player

saintwill66 wrote:My take on Riewoldt is that he had a recurrence of "the shakes" - a condition that has plagued him for most of his senior football career, and that he appeared to have conquered in the past 3 months. When Riewoldt lacks confidence his game falls to pieces, as it did today. Lyon should have moved him to the midfield as soon as the telltale signs appeared in the first 10 minutes, rather than waiting till the 3rd quarter when the game was out of the Saints control.

Finals football on the big stage is a daunting experience, and Riewoldt showed signs in the first few minutes that he was overwhelmed by the occasion - if you look on the replay you will see Nick pulling in really big breaths around the stoppages even though he had hardly exerted himself more than usual. It is the reason he couldn't hang on to a mark nor make the sharp slick disposal decisions that Geelong forced him into without remorse, and caused him to loose possession.

A big week coming up for the team psychologist before next Saturday!
Nice post -

Before the game in the pre match Roo was hitting the ball on the lead at a 100 miles an hour (160Kmh in new speak). looking back I think he was terribly anxious before the game and spent a lot of tickets before the ball was even bounced.

Having said that I thought he should have been moved into the centre early in the second qtr. We are too predictable.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

laughable thread

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Let's get the shocker out of the way. I can't see it happening 2 weeks in a row. I'm sure he will be breathing fire next week.

Another opportunity awaits!
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

You can fault Riewoldt's perfomance today, but you could never fault his efforts. Sure, he was poor. So were many many of his teammates. I guarantee the effort was there.

As for Gwilt (his loping chases just sh1t me) and X Clarke (if he was fit to play), I am not so sure. Their efforts and performance were abysmal.

And don't get me started on Kosi.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

The argument out there is whether Harry Taylor had Roo's measure, or if Roo had an off day?

Personally I think he had a bad day, but you could certainly not doubt his endeavour.

I noticed when the teams lined up for the anthem, he was puffing his cheeks which he tends to do when he is really nervous lining up for a goal.

Just an observation....

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

"sheilas effort"?? :roll:

Cmon rog..I reckon in the cold light of morning you might just regret a few things you typed last night eh?

I was almost waiting for "well if we couldnt win the game we should have at least knocked a few of them out"....bush footy circa 1974, which to be honest is where terms like "shielas effort" pretty much belong

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Anyone who questions Roos courage and calls him a sheila knows less than nothing about football and should pull their heads in.

Laughable and pathetic.

Lock this pathetic thread.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

He picked a good game to be poor in.

Even if we played at our best, Geelong may have won.

I'd prefer a crap effort against Geelong, and a good one against the Pies than the other way around!!!

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Mooksy wrote:The ball was delivered pathetically to Roo all day today. I can't believe this Roger knob.
Neither can I.

Weak as pyss cheap shot Roger.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

what no one expected this thread?
pull the shorts on rog.....i mean if roos a sheila and pathetic then im sure u could lead us to a flag.

F*** me

:roll:

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

If he's a sheila then I want him at my football club anyday! Harsh, very harsh. Delivery + wet conditions + lack of opportunity = a hard day at the office IMHO. :roll:

rexy
SS Life Member

not going to read the thread, stupid title, stupid thing to say.

Maybe this year?
Ali92
Club Player

OK you may not agree with Rogerwa but just be aware that over the years, he has put a great deal of time and effort into promoting the Saints here in WA. He's entitled to his opinion like everyone else. He's not your average couch potato...he does a lot for the Saints.
You may not agree with the man but he's allowed to have an opionion !!Enuff said.

Global Warming? don't you dare question this or you'll be called a heretic...remember the Catholic Church in the Middle Ages? "the earth is flat !!!"
I thought science was all about finding the truth and asking questions...why do we all have to believe what we are told ffs ????
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Ali92 wrote:OK you may not agree with Rogerwa but just be aware that over the years, he has put a great deal of time and effort into promoting the Saints here in WA. He's entitled to his opinion like everyone else. He's not your average couch potato...he does a lot for the Saints.
You may not agree with the man but he's allowed to have an opionion !!Enuff said.
He's as entitled as anyone to post his opinion.

Just as other posters are entitled to post their opinion on his opinion.

Notwithstanding how much he has/hasn't done for the Club/supporters over the years, he wasn't at the game yesterday and based his , IMHO, ridiculous post on what he saw on TV.

Whilst Roo had a bad day, he never stopped trying, presenting, chasing and leading.
Stuff you didn't see on the telecast because most of it was out of camera shot.

saintwill66
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote: Whilst Roo had a bad day, he never stopped trying, presenting, chasing and leading.
Stuff you didn't see on the telecast because most of it was out of camera shot.
Fair enough, but the cameras would have been following the ball around so the inference in your statement is that Nick was doing his "trying, presenting, chasing and leading" away from the action........????

I wasn't at the game either and watched the live telecast but there was no doubt that Riewoldt had a shocker, probably his worst game for the year, and while I remain convinced that he is an enormous talent, the only way that he will redeem his reputation is to play a blinder against the Pies, followed by the Hawks, followed by the Cats!!!

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

[quote="joffaboy"]Anyone who questions Roos courage and calls him a sheila knows less than nothing about football and should pull their heads in.

Laughable and pathetic.

Lock this pathetic thread.[/quote

Hate to agree with JB but he is spot on. Reiwoldt puts in a blinder of a game for 2 months straight, then has a dirty day with a bunch of headless chooks trying to get it to him , and you pounce and post this diatribe? Ylu should be ashamed of yourself. Yeah, lets pot reiwoldt, he is the cause of all our woes :shock: Nobend of the highest order, sorry to say.